Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Sage's Faerun/Inner Planes campaign

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The Sage Posted - 08 Apr 2004 : 06:51:24
The next phase of my FR/PS adventure will take the party into (and across) many of the main Elemental Planes. While still operating under the guise of 'Harper' agents, the party of mostly NE PCs are slowly securing a power-base for their lord - a particularly independent Artaaglith Tanar'ri named Melchomnazzar - in the ruins of an old place of worship dedicated to Orcus (I know, the connection between an artaaglith and Orcus only occured to me after that part of the adventure was written) in the Storm Horns.

Now, I can't go into too much detail about what the party will be doing on the Inner Planes, but I can present some interesting stat-blocks for some races that I designed to inhabit the various regions of the Elemental Planes -

(All races LA +2; all equal)
Each race gets:
At-will 0-level spell.
1/day/5 levels use of the equivalent of a 1st level spell.
Overall of +4 among stats
One generic ability equivalent to a feat.
Elemental Resistance 10 or equivalent ability

Fire: (Those born of the flame have a dark, ashen skin color, with eyes as bright as the open fire.)
Spark (1d4 fire damage, touch attack) at-will
Burning hands 1/day/5 levels
+4 Strength, -2 Con, -2 Wis, +2 Cha (While strong and forcefull in mind and body, those of the flame lack stamina and the patience to percieve thier surroundings.)
+1 caster level to spells of the Fire descriptor.
Fire Resistance 10

Water: (Those born of the water have a soft, pale blue/white, skin color, with eyes a calm and peacefull blue.)
Create Water at-will. (Half-Gallon/level)
Dehydrate 1/day/5 levels (1d8/level max 5d8 touch attack; type 'Water', subdual)
+2 Con, +2 Wis
+1 caster level to spells of the 'Water' descriptor.
Immune to Dehydration, Fire Resistance 5

Earth: (Those born of the earth have a pale, deadened complexion and reddish eyes, from generations away from the sun.)
Lesser Shape Earth at-will (Moves/shapes 1 pound of rock/level per casting)
Shape Wearth 1/day/5 levels (Moves/shapes 10 pounds of rock/level per casting; Can form weapons with a successfull Craft: Weapons check)
+2 Str, +4 Con, -2 Cha
+1 caster level to spells of the 'Earth' descriptor.
DR 5/Magic

Air: (Those born of the air have a light build and tanned skin, from long exposure to the sun.)
Lightest Step At-will (+4 bonus to Jump, Climb, and Balance checks for 1 round)
Jump 1/day/5 levels
+4 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Cha
+1 caster level to spells of the 'Air' descriptor.
+4 Racial Dodge bonus to AC while wearing Light or no armor.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Arivia Posted - 11 Apr 2004 : 03:23:49
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Sorry about the spelling mistake -- my fault entirely. When you first showed up, I thought your name was Ariva, and that's stuck in my head.

For some reason, it's just really grated on me the past few days. I guess my tolerance got stretched to breaking.
Bookwyrm Posted - 11 Apr 2004 : 02:20:48
Oh, we do, but I spend so much time in this weak humanoid form -- it's frankly a wonder you creatures get by.
Shadowlord Posted - 10 Apr 2004 : 18:58:41
And I thought dragons had impeccable eyesight...
Lord Rad Posted - 10 Apr 2004 : 18:40:13
quote:

Sorry about the spelling mistake -- my fault entirely. When you first showed up, I thought your name was Ariva, and that's stuck in my head.

Egads! Thats quite uncanny, I saw it as the very same thing
Bookwyrm Posted - 10 Apr 2004 : 11:03:23
Arivia Posted - 10 Apr 2004 : 10:43:05
quote:

Let me beat Ariv[i]a to it and say "It's about time!"

I've got enough room, so send it any time.

I actually had a response typed waiting to be submitted a while ago, but I actually closed the tab in my haste to get to another page...Oh, and "It's about time!"...So do I.
Bookwyrm Posted - 10 Apr 2004 : 08:24:33
Let me beat Ariva to it and say "It's about time!"

I've got enough room, so send it any time.
The Sage Posted - 09 Apr 2004 : 08:00:11
quote:

Dang . . . when I clicked on this, I thought it was going to contain some information on the elusive new PbeM.

Well now that you mention it, the first four elemental-based creatures will be playing a part in the PbeM, I simply wanted to play-test them in a greater campaign environment first. I'm doing this because running a game across the ethereal mail tends to restrain a little of what would normally make a tabletop game special, like tinkering with new races and such.

And while I'm on the subject of the PbeM, I'll have some rather interesting news to spill in a few days. I'm also going to be sending out a rather large file (by email) to all the players in the game, which will detail several aspects of the adventure, the campaign, and the other players involved. So, be sure to have some room in your email account, as the file will be around 600kb in size.
Arivia Posted - 08 Apr 2004 : 23:24:23
quote:

Dang . . . when I clicked on this, I thought it was going to contain some information on the elusive new PbeM.

Same here. Quite interesting, Sage...
Bookwyrm Posted - 08 Apr 2004 : 23:20:58
Shadowlord Posted - 08 Apr 2004 : 20:22:34
Wow, Sage...

I'm impressed

I like the new fey types... However, it seems similar to something I've seen before in a Planescape campaign...
The Sage Posted - 08 Apr 2004 : 06:56:10
As well as encountering these elemental-based races, the party will also be coming into contact with four subraces of a new fey type that I've also generated. I can't say anymore, but source information will be coming once the relevant part of the adventure has passed. They are not Faerun-native.

Manipulator: (Manipulators have an exotic purplish skin tone, with emerald green eyes and an exquisitely shaped appearance.)
Daze At-will
Charm Person 1/day/5 levels
+4 Cha, -2 Str, +2 Dex
+2 to Save DCs of all enchantment and Illusion spells
+4 to saves vs. Enchantment and Illusion effects.
Can take the Sorcerer class.

Deathbringer: (Deathbringers have a stolid, grey, skin tone, and a typically bland appearance in thier scrawny frames.)
Death Touch At-will (1d4 negative energy damage touch attack)
Death Bolt 1/day/5 levels (As Magic Missile)
+2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Cha
+2 to Save DCs of all evocation and Necromancy spells
+1 to caster level to penetrate spell resistance for all evocation and Necromancy spells.

Shaper: (Shapers have a solid brownish complexion and a solid frame, but tend to have a sense of innatentiveness about them.)
Prestidigitation at-will(Make items only)
Shape 1/day/5 levels: Item bends in hand, performing an hour of Craft work in a single second.
+2 Int, +2 Str, -2 Wis
+1 Effective caster level for all Conjuration and Transmutation spells
Defensive Shape: As a standard action, can 'Shape' any non-magical, constructed, weapon used to attack this turn; this weapon's damage is reduced to 1d2 for 1 round per caster level. Consumes a use of Shape.

Seeker: (Seekers have a varying skin tone, shifting with thier surroundings, and a light, agile, build.)
Detect Magic At-will
Seek 1/day/5 levels (+10 insight bonus to tracking attempts for 1 hour.)
+2 Dex, +4 Wis, -2 Int
(3e: Gains Track as a bonus feat)(3.5: Gains +4 bonus to tracking attempts)
+2 racial bonus to Listen, Spot, and Search checks.
+2 Racial Dodge bonus to AC
+4 Racial bonus to Hide checks.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000