Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Installing the FR Atlas updates: GRRR!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dargoth Posted - 13 Feb 2006 : 08:34:45
Ok I have successfully installed the FR Atlas from the CD onto my Hardrive however when I tried to install the patches avaliable on the WOTC the

FRA All.zip
Update.zip

Wont install it keeps telling me that the stupid installer's cant find my FR Atlas CDROM

The CDrom is in the drive where the installers looking for it and WIN XP can see it but the stupid patch updates cant find it!

The third FR Atlas update FRIAupdate3 will install and has done so but I can get the other patches to install

My CDROM is a Creative PC DVD drive (and was bought circa 1998)

Any ideas how I can get the damn thing to install?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ode904 Posted - 13 Apr 2006 : 07:16:54
I have had similar problems with Atlas updates, though i don't remember how i resolved them:(.
3catcircus Posted - 19 Feb 2006 : 01:40:07
So - you installed the 3rd update, correct? You must install them in order.

Do the following - in order:

1. Uninstall the update.
2. Uninstall the atlas.
3. Delete the directory.
4. Install the atlas.
5. Install update #1.
6. Install update #2.
7. Copy all of the maps to a backup directory somewhere else on the hard drive.
8. Install update #3.
9. Run the atlas and re-index (under the toolbar "Go" item, select Reindex Atlas.)
10. Re-setup the bookmarks according to the directions that came with the updates.
11. As you run across a map that became broken (the only one I am sure of is the map of Aru) as a result of the update #3, copy the file from the backup directory into the map directory.

quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Ok I have successfully installed the FR Atlas from the CD onto my Hardrive however when I tried to install the patches avaliable on the WOTC the

FRA All.zip
Update.zip

Wont install it keeps telling me that the stupid installer's cant find my FR Atlas CDROM

The CDrom is in the drive where the installers looking for it and WIN XP can see it but the stupid patch updates cant find it!

The third FR Atlas update FRIAupdate3 will install and has done so but I can get the other patches to install

Dargoth Posted - 14 Feb 2006 : 02:17:32
I just tried to install it on another PC with a different CDROM drive and got the same "Cant find FR Atlas cdrom in D:/"
Arivia Posted - 13 Feb 2006 : 22:36:23
quote:
My Cdrom drive is D:\

Weeird...I wonder what the problem with my install was, then.
Dargoth Posted - 13 Feb 2006 : 22:27:08
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

The installer only looks for a CD in Drive D:\, no matter what your actual configuration.

My Cdrom drive is D:\
Arivia Posted - 13 Feb 2006 : 18:09:44
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

The installer only looks for a CD in Drive D:\, no matter what your actual configuration.

I didn't have this issue, and my CD drives are G:\ and H:\...

Is there an option to browse to the correct drive? I can't recall, as I did my last rebuild several months ago...

I didn't find one--- I ended up having to use one tool or another to reletter my drives so that it could read the CD off D:\...
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Feb 2006 : 17:17:37
quote:

I didn't have this issue, and my CD drives are G:\ and H:\...

Is there an option to browse to the correct drive? I can't recall, as I did my last rebuild several months ago...
Arivia Posted - 13 Feb 2006 : 12:58:38
quote:

FRA All.zip
Update.zip

Dargoth Posted - 13 Feb 2006 : 11:43:31
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Hmmm... I've found that sometimes, you have to copy the contents of a CD to the HD to get it to run properly... Not sure if that would help in this case, though. I've never had any problems installing the software, and I've had to do it more than once.

The CDROM installed fine its the stupid patches that for some reason cant find the FR Atlas CD even though windows can see it
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Feb 2006 : 11:30:04
Hmmm... I've found that sometimes, you have to copy the contents of a CD to the HD to get it to run properly... Not sure if that would help in this case, though. I've never had any problems installing the software, and I've had to do it more than once.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000