Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 If youve ever wondered what Wizards office is like

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dargoth Posted - 14 Mar 2006 : 05:49:53
You might find this interesting

One of the guys over at Maxminis dropped in on Wizards office in Renton and got a free tour.

http://www.maxminis.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17017
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 16 Mar 2006 : 20:21:50
quote:
Originally posted by khorne

Ye gods.....How do you even have room to work when you have all that?

Most of the stuff at my desk is on the monitor stand, the monitor, or the space between the monitor stand and this useless WASP printer. The printer itself is where R5-D4 stands, with the Harry Potter glasses in front of him.
khorne Posted - 16 Mar 2006 : 18:00:35
Ye gods.....How do you even have room to work when you have all that?
Mkhaiwati Posted - 15 Mar 2006 : 00:57:51
I'm shocked, Wooly... no mention of any hamsters...

Mkhaiwati
The Sage Posted - 15 Mar 2006 : 00:48:48
A quick run down of toys and other *things* on my desk:-

- Dueling Obi-Wan and General Grievous figures
- Cthulhu bust
- AT-ST
- Darth Maul statue
- Sibelius bust
- Spike Spiegel
- Darth Vader/TIE Transformer
- A Lego representation of me
- A Lego representation of Khelben
- A Thousand Sons Defiler (WH40K)
- An 4 inch by 8 inch TARDIS mock-up
- My Balrog lamp
- The first ever Gandalf action figure released in the 70's
- My Cthulhu hat
- Invader Zim figures -- including Zim, Gir, Dib and Gaz (still looking for Professor Membrane)
- A photo of myself, the Lady K and little Narna framed in one of those generic fantasy-style picture frames you can purchase

-- I'm not going any further... there's just too much.
EytanBernstein Posted - 14 Mar 2006 : 22:19:14
I suppose I have a more sedate work area, covered in books, strewn about papers, and cans of soda (well I threw most of those out last night). I have alls orts of gamer-geek toys, just not all clustered on my desk. In fact, I work in the stereotypical writer's basement, with poor lighting and little heat. Numerous cool figurines abound, but are currently hidden so the cat can't knock them over. Hopefully, this will all change soon :)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Mar 2006 : 17:20:46
Going around my desk:

A 6" R5-D4
A pair of Harry Potter glasses, from when the last book was released
Lothan the Wise Shadowrun Duels figure
Brother Osrik statuette (Space Wolf character from WH40k)
A Magic 8 Ball
Three BattleBeasts
A Frankenstein finger-puppet
A Lego Ninja
Three gashapon slime figures
A rocks-paper-scissors D12
A mini-figure of the Swedish Chef
Itchy & Scratchy figures from the Simpsons
A Smiley-faced D6
A Lego Racers semi
A 6" blue slime (check out http://www.slimeshrine.com to see what these guys are and what they look like)
Splat the Road-Kill Kat (Meanie Babies)
A foam-rubber dumptruck
A figure of R2-Q5
A figure of R4-M9
3 rubber balls of various sizes
A metal Slinky

I'd put more toys on my desk, but the ones I have already take up a good bit of real estate...

My computer desk at home has a lot more toys scattered around... In fact, there's a dead computer that remains on my desk, mainly because I didn't want to have to move all of the Love Hina figures that are on top of it!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Mar 2006 : 17:08:44
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

With the number of toys on my desk at work, I think I could fit in to a place like that. I work at an insurance company, and no one there has half as many toys at their desk as I do!

I bet you dont have THIS toy on your desk

http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc034371wg.jpg

Yeah, that's true... I don't think I could fit that on my desk!
Xysma Posted - 14 Mar 2006 : 14:44:38
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

With the number of toys on my desk at work, I think I could fit in to a place like that. I work at an insurance company, and no one there has half as many toys at their desk as I do!

I have to take a digital photo of my workstation one of these days... It's always full of toys, action figures, statues, minis...

And I still get strange looks from my fellow co-workers when they see my desk lamp light up -- it's in the form of the Balrog from Peter Jackson's Fellowship of the Ring -- the globes are under each wing .

As I sit here reading this, I am listening to a brain-numbing conference call, playing with my Marvel Legends' Wolverine, Bishop, and X-23. I've also got the huge Sentinel and Apocalypse, and hundreds of D&D minis in my desk drawer. I'm just glad to know I'm not alone!
The Sage Posted - 14 Mar 2006 : 14:12:29
quote:

I have to take a digital photo of my workstation one of these days... It's always full of toys, action figures, statues, minis...

And I still get strange looks from my fellow co-workers when they see my desk lamp light up -- it's in the form of the Balrog from Peter Jackson's Fellowship of the Ring -- the globes are under each wing .
Dargoth Posted - 14 Mar 2006 : 13:13:50
quote:

I bet you dont have THIS toy on your desk

http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc034371wg.jpg
Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Mar 2006 : 11:24:01
Sarta Posted - 14 Mar 2006 : 09:07:04
Here's another rather humorous perspective from Rich Burlew (one of the runner-ups in the "design a campaign-setting contest"):

http://www.giantitp.com/tg0002.html
EytanBernstein Posted - 14 Mar 2006 : 08:48:21
I had the privilege of visiting the Wizards HQ last June. While everyone was working hard while I was there, the place seemed to be a haven of people who really enjoy their work. Everywhere, there were posters, minis, action figures, RPG books. The rows were named for D&D monsters. (And the 25 cent sodas are fun too).

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000