Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Online comics

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bookwyrm Posted - 20 May 2003 : 16:26:16
Okay, I've been mulling this over in my head for a while, and I finally decided to do it. See, this particular website I'm linking to here is one I haven't been to in a long time, due to some confusion on the part of the owner. He was deciding to change a lot of things and renovate the whole basis for the site around the same time I wasn't having a lot of time for this sort of thing. I just went back today, and I've decided that it's time I brought it to the attention of the Candlekeep members.

This one that I'm talking about is an online manga called Drow Tales: Chronicles of a Drow Sorceress. Kern, the guy who does this, has decided to move the whole story to a different worldline. Originally it was set in the Underdark we all know well, and in our favorite city in that area as well. Chapters 1-3 are still there, but it seems that the new version of that part of the story is due sometime this summer (northern hemisphere summer to those who're breaking out the winter clothes). I don't know if these first three chapters will be replaced then, but if you're interested maybe you'd better look at them now.

I do have to warn you. This is not an American sort of comic. It occationally shows cartoon nudity and adult 'themes'. That isn't the main point of the site, fortunately, but they can be surprising sometimes. (Or maybe that's just me?)

This manga has some spin-offs as well, that look to show other parts of the story. I haven't read them all yet. I felt I should get this information to you first, in case the part that's on Toril is thrown away soon.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alaundo Posted - 16 Mar 2006 : 17:52:18
quote:
Originally posted by khorne

The best online comic I have ever encountered is "Flintlocke`s guide to Azeroth" on gamespy.com. It isn`t a realms comic "nervously looks around to see if Alaundo is sneaking up on him" but it is the funniest thing I have ever read.

Oh i'm watching thee, khorne, don't worry about that
khorne Posted - 16 Mar 2006 : 17:44:03
The best online comic I have ever encountered is "Flintlocke`s guide to Azeroth" on gamespy.com. It isn`t a realms comic "nervously looks around to see if Alaundo is sneaking up on him" but it is the funniest thing I have ever read.
Deverien Valandil Posted - 14 Mar 2006 : 03:32:55
More D&D-based webcomics:

Dungeon Crawl Inc.
http://www.dungeoncrawlinc.com/
More fun than three midgets with a whip!

Goblins: Life through their Eyes
http://thunt.comicgen.com/
Senor Vorpal Kickass'o is the best character ever, bar none.
Mkhaiwati Posted - 14 Mar 2006 : 01:34:36
okay,

there is one called the Order of the Stick that I am surprised that no one mentioned it (though it was referenced on a Last Mythal thread).

http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=1

My favorite.... "I took Craft Disturbing Image as my feat last level" #249

Mkhaiwati
Talanfir Swiftfeet Posted - 13 Mar 2006 : 16:13:49
I'm resurrecting this old thread because I wanted to bring you something quite funny that I found. http://mindflayed.0nyx.com/

Bookwyrm Posted - 13 Jul 2003 : 16:13:44
Thanks, Sage. I'll start downloading it right away.
The Sage Posted - 13 Jul 2003 : 16:11:52
And yes it is free, but since you have probably clicked on that link you'd mostly likely know that already .

The Sage Posted - 13 Jul 2003 : 16:10:31
Okay, I remember the address for the Planescape comic. It is located here. Although please bear in mind that it is a 8.49MB file for download (this is dependant however on how fast your modem is, as well as your type of internet connection).

The Sage Posted - 13 Jul 2003 : 16:03:04
It's free for download, I think. Although I will have to check.

Bookwyrm Posted - 13 Jul 2003 : 15:59:59
And it's free? Sounds like a good deal.
The Sage Posted - 13 Jul 2003 : 15:58:31
The Planescape comic is an actual comic-book online introducing new players to the principles of the setting.

Bookwyrm Posted - 13 Jul 2003 : 15:53:48
Thanks. I think I'd like to look at that Planescape one.
The Sage Posted - 13 Jul 2003 : 15:42:06
Saving Taern.

The Sage Posted - 13 Jul 2003 : 15:40:57
As for comics I known about, well, they are all on bookmarks at home. Although some of them relate only to specific campaign settings, like Planescape and Dragonlance for example. A few others deal with D&D, and another pokes fun at the whole business of role-playing.

I will see to either emailing them or posting them here when I get home, depending upon there relevance of course.

Bookwyrm Posted - 13 Jul 2003 : 15:40:12
Never mind. This posting at the same time is confusing!
Bookwyrm Posted - 13 Jul 2003 : 15:39:11
Which one, RPG World or Saving Taern?
The Sage Posted - 13 Jul 2003 : 15:38:17
I must admit, I have never encountered Saving Taern before. Hmm, interesting find Bookwyrm.

The Sage Posted - 13 Jul 2003 : 15:36:35
That is one of the best, at least in my opinion. And yes I already had it bookmarked, although I did learn that the site will be moving to another server shortly. I am supposed to be getting some details back soon. They are waiting for a sponsor, with the right server size.

Bookwyrm Posted - 13 Jul 2003 : 15:35:05
That's all I've got, at least for RPG-types. Sage, what have you got?
Bookwyrm Posted - 13 Jul 2003 : 15:33:40
The final one I have is Saving Taern. Not as much RPG-type content, but the whole story is based on a homegrown campaign. In fact, I think the whole world-system was made up by the cartoonis, when he was the GM.
Bookwyrm Posted - 13 Jul 2003 : 15:31:01
There's also another silly one, which Sage probably has bookmarked already, called RPG World. Basically it makes fun of absolutely everything in a CRPG.
Bookwyrm Posted - 13 Jul 2003 : 15:28:37
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

Well I did.

Hmm. Okay. I'll admit it.

Besides, I'm not against it happening, I just think it's hard to work it out right. I personally fell in love with someone without ever even seeing her face. I'd known her for years previously. We met in a chat room . . . a bunch of people were bashing her for being a Christian, and I was the only one who took her side.

Unfortunately, she's the one I've mentioned before, the one who lives in Kentucky. Lots of problems.

Oh well.
The Sage Posted - 13 Jul 2003 : 15:26:47
Good idea. I think I see Alaundo now, bearing a fully charged Staff of the Irritated Moderator . Send them by Ethereal mail, if you wish.

Thanks .

The Sage Posted - 13 Jul 2003 : 15:24:14
There is nothing wrong with Dungeons and Dorks, or rather, I have enjoyed it.

Bookwyrm Posted - 13 Jul 2003 : 15:23:31
I don't want to link to any non-D&D, non-RPG comics here . . . I've got a bunch of good webcomics bookmarked, but if you want the majority, I'll have to email them. Don't want to try Alaundo's patience too far.
Bookwyrm Posted - 13 Jul 2003 : 15:22:24
Oh, I forgot to type in why I think it's an RPG-type. There are numerous references to D&D and other RPGs. Mostly CPRGs -- they're all a bunch of nerds, more or less.
The Sage Posted - 13 Jul 2003 : 15:21:49
Bookwyrm said -
quote:
I mean, time travel, cloning, and world domination, sure, but actually meeting your girlfriend over the Internet, and it all works out perfectly?
Well I did. Granted she only lives several blocks away, but if it were not for a certain D&D WotC forum, I probably would never have realised that she had existed. And so far we both have no complaints. So maybe the comic is right...

Bookwyrm Posted - 13 Jul 2003 : 15:19:09
Oh, and Dungeons and Dorks wasn't?

And as for the spelling issue . . . .

::blows raspberry::
The Sage Posted - 13 Jul 2003 : 15:18:44
I have this one bookmarked also. I have enjoyed his antics from the very beginning. And you are right, it is a good series, especially if you enjoy a little chuckle here and there.

Bookwyrm Posted - 13 Jul 2003 : 15:16:51
A very good comic, at least if you want a laugh, is called Real Life. It's loosely based on the cartoonist's own life. It's pretty obvious what parts aren't real. I mean, time travel, cloning, and world domination, sure, but actually meeting your girlfriend over the Internet, and it all works out perfectly? Hmm . . . .

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000