Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 baldurs gate is a rip off

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Beirnadri Magranth Posted - 06 Oct 2005 : 21:28:33
The format of Baldurs gate and the inventory screen adn spells etc. and the way it was layed out was a rip off of the DarkSun games for the pc that ran from MSDOS mode... i forget the title of the game though stil an amazing game im just saying
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scererar Posted - 25 Mar 2006 : 08:59:29
I really enjoyed both baldurs gate PC games. Neither has teh versitility of NWN, but both were very enjoyable for the time periods that they were released.
nbnmare Posted - 24 Mar 2006 : 07:55:32
This is the Dark Sun inventory screen: http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/original/981671765-00.gif

If you think the Baldur's Gate inventory screen is a rip of that, then it sounds like you haven't played many PC RPGs from the early 90's ;). In particular, I suggest you grab a copy of Eye of the Beholder 1 or 2 (superb games, but the third one is a bit rubbish), since to me the Dark Sun inventory looks to be directly influenced by (or indeed a "rip off" of) the inventory in those games.
Arlenion Posted - 24 Mar 2006 : 03:11:08
Why does it matter if some company takes something that works from another. As long as all the legalities are taken care of there's nothing wrong with it. I would much prefer a good, "ripped-off" interface than a mediocre but original one.
Beirnadri Magranth Posted - 11 Mar 2006 : 14:30:02
did anyone else play that darksun game?
(btw im saying the inventory screen etc. was similar, obviously the game system [d&d] is going to be the same)
The Sage Posted - 11 Mar 2006 : 00:53:41
Okay, let's try and keep off the "it's a rip off" comments and try to actually discuss your reasons behind doing so.
Alisttair Posted - 10 Mar 2006 : 19:45:03
The game was fun but a little tough but who cares its not that much of a rip off anyways (its all D&D)
Igneus Animus Posted - 17 Nov 2005 : 18:59:44
This basicly goes with the series ála "Hey, that race is a rip off from Tolkien's books!" ... so, if you think it's a good GUI, why shouldn't it be used then?
Beirnadri Magranth Posted - 08 Oct 2005 : 13:21:07
i thought it was a good format
Winterfox Posted - 07 Oct 2005 : 19:40:08
It's not even called a "format." It's called a GUI.
TylerXKJ Posted - 07 Oct 2005 : 19:21:04
Who cares? Is it a bad format?
Winterfox Posted - 06 Oct 2005 : 23:11:55
Okay. Tell it to someone who cares.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000