Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Disappearing Women

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lysan Lurraxol Posted - 18 Aug 2006 : 09:19:51
Did anyone notice, in the Last Mythal series, two of the characters completely disappear from the series. Filsaelene(I think her name was, the sun elf cleric who had to replace the two who failed their saving throws and had to roll a new character), and Storm Silverhand.
Filsaelene wanders off halfway through Farthest Reach, and is never mentioned again, so I assume something dire happened to her, and Storm only appears in Farthest Reach. Seems strange that they both just evaporate. Any theories on what actually happened?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 19 Aug 2006 : 02:56:01
quote:
Originally posted by scererar

storm shows up in ed's short story, in elves of the realms. I believe this was supposed to explain what the knights, as well as soem of the chosen were doing during this conflict

Yeah, but she just kind of disappears from the trilogy which is a bit strange. Personally, I don't think "it's tied up elsewhere" is an excuse. Novels (and trilogies) must stand on their own.

As for the comments about the characters and their personalities...I think by now most here know what my opinion is. ;) I think that trilogy would have been better off with fewer characters.
scererar Posted - 18 Aug 2006 : 15:17:36
storm shows up in ed's short story, in elves of the realms. I believe this was supposed to explain what the knights, as well as soem of the chosen were doing during this conflict
Lysan Lurraxol Posted - 18 Aug 2006 : 15:11:17
I can see Similair as a character from a particularly bad Lord of the Rings fanfic. She is strong and beautiful and hates wearing dresses, and you get the picture.
I can't believe I'm going off topic on my own thread!
I think Richard Baker may actually have forgotten about Filsaelene and Storm, or they might have been edited.
Winterfox Posted - 18 Aug 2006 : 13:51:26
quote:
Originally posted by Lysan Lurraxol

It may possibly have been she was getting dangerously close to morphing into Ilselve,they were very similar in personality, or more rather lack of it.

Yeah. It's amazing how the characters in this trilogy manage to remain completely blank even though they've got three whole novels to be fleshed out. I think there are short stories told under 5,000 words with more distinct characters.

quote:
Can't believe I wrote Similair

I like the sound of it, heh. Could serve as a neat fantasy name.
Lysan Lurraxol Posted - 18 Aug 2006 : 13:13:08
Heh, that was pretty much what I was thinking, I was just hoping there was an actual reason for her departure. It may possibly have been she was getting dangerously close to morphing into Ilselve,they were very similar in personality, or more rather lack of it.

Can't believe I wrote Similair
Winterfox Posted - 18 Aug 2006 : 13:05:47
I dunno. Probably because Filsaelene is a superfluous character who exists only to fill the "cleric" slot in Araevin's party in the first place, and therefore doesn't deserve anything more than other walk-in characters?
Lameth Posted - 18 Aug 2006 : 12:37:30
quote:
Originally posted by Lysan Lurraxol

I think I need to make what I'm actually asking a little clearer. Sorry to those of you who read this, it was about nine in the morning, not my most lucid time. I'm curious as to why two characters of some importance leave the story, Filsaelene is given a reason for her absence, but never an epilouge, and Storm doesn't seem to be mentioned in Final Gate. I'm asking did anyone else notice this, and if you did, can you think of any reason why they are left out. Please correct me if they reappeared at some point, I skim read Final Gate.

At the end of "The Farthest Reach" I wondered too where Filsaelene disappears to....
Wooosshhh...she was gone.
Lysan Lurraxol Posted - 18 Aug 2006 : 11:24:58
I think I need to make what I'm actually asking a little clearer. Sorry to those of you who read this, it was about nine in the morning, not my most lucid time. I'm curious as to why two characters of some importance leave the story, Filsaelene is given a reason for her absence, but never an epilouge, and Storm doesn't seem to be mentioned in Final Gate. I'm asking did anyone else notice this, and if you did, can you think of any reason why they are left out. Please correct me if they reappeared at some point, I skim read Final Gate.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000