Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Rogues stealing from party members

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Icewolf Posted - 05 Feb 2004 : 01:38:59
I have a rogue in my game who insists on pickpocketing from other party members. Out of game, the players are getting kinda mad at him. He insists on roleplaying a kleptomaniac. I'm afraid that I will have to kill off the character to keep the group together.

Anyone have any other ideas? I'd really hate to have to kick him out of the group, considering its very small already.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bookwyrm Posted - 09 Feb 2004 : 05:17:33
It could be amusing if he's really roleplaying it. Then he could make his character act ever more Lawful Good, becoming hesitant to steal anything.
Icewolf Posted - 06 Feb 2004 : 21:59:17
*eyes sparkle* I'm so proud of my players! One of them caled me up at work today, and decided that they would use the loot they've acquired so far to buy a miracle spell to cure the kleptomaniac! And its perfect too! The guy RPs like his character is sorry, and is actually afflicted! Which means that he would be happy to be cured. If he decides to refuse, then I can say his RPing is pure BS and to stop or leave the table!

Bookwyrm Posted - 06 Feb 2004 : 16:55:17
quote:
Originally posted by Icewolf

Thank you Bookwyrm! I called up the sorceror for the party, and he would be delighted to use a few of those scrolls. Scrolls, which, by the way will be in a locked chest that the thieving rogue will have to steal them from. Have I mentioned that I love irony?

Irony is a lovely thing. Tell that sorcerer that he as the job of chanting "This is the gold of Orik the Dwarf. This is not yours. Return me at once. This is not your gold! . . . ." or whatever is appropriate, until the thief gives it back. Isn't that a lovely image?
zhentar reborn Posted - 06 Feb 2004 : 07:32:50
Give that Rogue player roll-playing awards! Keep giving them and keep giving them. Even for a petty-theft give him a roll-playing award. Make the whole thing ridiculous! Always keep careful records of the Rogue's descent to evil. Make sure everyone knows you are doing this. And when he finally gets caught make sure you give the player who kills him a roll-playing award. This has worked for me in the past.
Icewolf Posted - 05 Feb 2004 : 14:29:54
Thank you Bookwyrm! I called up the sorceror for the party, and he would be delighted to use a few of those scrolls. Scrolls, which, by the way will be in a locked chest that the thieving rogue will have to steal them from. Have I mentioned that I love irony?
Arivia Posted - 05 Feb 2004 : 06:54:39
This can be a very big issue...*kicks corpse of two-day old dead game and then walks away*...
Bookwyrm Posted - 05 Feb 2004 : 06:19:36
Well, I got inspired, and whipped up this for you. You can give it to your party's mage as a scroll or something.
Belfar Posted - 05 Feb 2004 : 04:49:59
Why not have the other PCs find a way in game to get rid of him. I'd off him if he kept stealing from me and the other players probably feel the same way.
Icewolf Posted - 05 Feb 2004 : 02:18:30
Well, Shadowlord, you gave me an idea. My thanks to you. Some object will have a curse upon thieves. The ownership will fade if out of the possesion of the owner for a number of years, but it will be a bad curse. Maybe a Ring of Lockpicking that makes your hands go numb? Oh how I love delicious irony
Shadowlord Posted - 05 Feb 2004 : 01:59:56
Well, Icewolf, I take it you are the DM, correct?

It is up to you what goes and doesn't go. You can also have a party member "find" a cursed item that will have a bad effect if stolen.....

Well, just a thought..... However, remember, YOU are the DM, and if your player continues, you may have to force him to leave.....

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000