Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Last Mythal

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lord Rad Posted - 04 Feb 2004 : 09:28:00
Welcome to Candlekeep Richard Baker

I'm personally very intrigued about your upcoming Last Mythal Trilogy, is there anything you can tell us about the series and the first novel? ::drool::

Oh, and FANTASTIC work with WotSQ!!!
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SiriusBlack Posted - 09 Jun 2004 : 15:37:41
quote:
Originally posted by Sarelle

Here ya go Sirius: http://www.o-love.net/realms/covers_large/pic_las1.jpg.

Thank you Sarelle. Is that intended to be fire coming out of his head? Light? Or is it just a big hat like the Pope wears?
Sarelle Posted - 09 Jun 2004 : 11:37:54
Here ya go Sirius: http://www.o-love.net/realms/covers_large/pic_las1.jpg.
SiriusBlack Posted - 09 Jun 2004 : 04:06:47
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
I cover all of my hardcovers, so after I get the book home, I never see the cover art again. And that doesn't bother me at all -- I'm no fan of WotC artwork.

I want to see a larger image of The Last Mythal. Anyone know of such an image is out any place yet? Not to mention a sample chapter which better be in the next WOTSQ novel or else.

No idea on what the else part would be but I like to add dramatic effect.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Jun 2004 : 03:17:28
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

I didn't like the PGTF cover or the Underdark cover so they can move on to something else as soon as possible.

I cover all of my hardcovers, so after I get the book home, I never see the cover art again. And that doesn't bother me at all -- I'm no fan of WotC artwork.
SiriusBlack Posted - 09 Jun 2004 : 02:48:51
quote:
Originally posted by Brenigin

In the Underdark book, in the picture of the 3 adventurers looking out over the Darklake(?), the caption gives them names.

That Sun elf wizard and the female Shield Dwarf Cleric of Moradin seem to be becoming the iconic faces of FR game products.

I didn't like the PGTF cover or the Underdark cover so they can move on to something else as soon as possible.
Sarta Posted - 08 Jun 2004 : 21:43:07
quote:
Originally posted by Malaug

Wasn't the Gatekeeper Crystal used by the Mistmaster to finally imprison the fiends of Hellgate Keep?

I can't wait to see how this artifact was wrested from the Mistmaster!

It was wrested from him by exploding into three parts. Two of which were scattered to the winds and one was buried in Hellgate (from Alaundo's guide to all things Magical). Activating to Gatekeeper's Crystal in the way that causes the pieces to be teleport to various places.

Sarta
Brenigin Posted - 08 Jun 2004 : 20:41:27
In the Underdark book, in the picture of the 3 adventurers looking out over the Darklake(?), the caption gives them names.

That Sun elf wizard and the female Shield Dwarf Cleric of Moradin seem to be becoming the iconic faces of FR game products.
SiriusBlack Posted - 08 Jun 2004 : 15:23:57
quote:
Originally posted by Brenigin

Araevin Teshurr...

Rich, is this the same Araevin, Sun Elf wizard, who features as the FR posterboy in Underdark, CotSQ, and on the cover of PGtF?

That's a male sun elf on the cover to PGTF? I've never heard of names given to who was on that cover. Thus, I'm curious to see if there is any connection.
Brenigin Posted - 08 Jun 2004 : 10:39:33
Araevin Teshurr...

Rich, is this the same Araevin, Sun Elf wizard, who features as the FR posterboy in Underdark, CotSQ, and on the cover of PGtF?
VEDSICA Posted - 19 Feb 2004 : 03:00:50
Yes this does seem to be a very interesting trilogy.Can't wait Richard
Malaug Posted - 18 Feb 2004 : 14:43:18
Wasn't the Gatekeeper Crystal used by the Mistmaster to finally imprison the fiends of Hellgate Keep?

I can't wait to see how this artifact was wrested from the Mistmaster!
Adrian Moonbow Posted - 10 Feb 2004 : 09:00:09
Wow. There's a lot of new trilogies coming out these years!
Lina Posted - 07 Feb 2004 : 10:41:54
Oh goody. Another novel to get put claws into.
Lord Rad Posted - 07 Feb 2004 : 10:06:16
Thanks for the info Rich!

::wipes drool from chin::
SiriusBlack Posted - 07 Feb 2004 : 01:25:53
quote:
Originally posted by CurseLord

I believe it comes out in August. I am very much looking foward to this book, and I am glad that the events of other novels are being used in this book.

Thanks CurseLord! Continuity is nice to see isn't it?
CurseLord Posted - 07 Feb 2004 : 01:24:22
I believe it comes out in August. I am very much looking foward to this book, and I am glad that the events of other novels are being used in this book.
SiriusBlack Posted - 07 Feb 2004 : 01:19:57
Wow! When does this come out again?
RichardBaker Posted - 07 Feb 2004 : 00:35:40
Thanks, glad to be here!

The Last Mythal tells the story of a sun elf wizard, Araevin Teshurr, as he confronts the plots of the daemonfey--Sarya Dlardrageth and her fey'ri. Sarya dreams of refounding the realm of Siluvanede in the Delimbiyr Vale, and exacting a very long overdue vengeance against the wood elves of the High Forest and the elves of Evereska. Worse yet, she's got her hands on the Gatekeeper's Crystal, a weapon that she can use to cause all sorts of trouble. To counter the daemonfey threat, Araevin investigates an ancient mystery embedded in a set of telkiira stones and finds himself in a race to find the loregems before the daemonfey do. Meanwhile, Evermeet struggles to send aid to Evereska and the wood elves, divided by a contentious debate as to the wisdom of fighting in Faerun so soon after sustaining terrible losses in Kymil Nimesin's attack on Evermeet and their expedition to aid Evereska against the phaerimm.

Old mysteries, High Magic, renegade mythals, ancient villains, epic battles--The Forsaken House has it all, and it's only the first book in the series. I'm pretty proud of it.

quote:
Originally posted by Rad

Welcome to Candlekeep Richard Baker

I'm personally very intrigued about your upcoming Last Mythal Trilogy, is there anything you can tell us about the series and the first novel? ::drool::

Oh, and FANTASTIC work with WotSQ!!!

The Sage Posted - 05 Feb 2004 : 09:40:27
Oh, Mr Baker, Mr Baker...I have some questions too, but not the time to ask them. I check back soon...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000