Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 If you could be.......

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dark_Lord Posted - 14 Jan 2003 : 19:44:10
If you could be, which FR god would you be? Question is somewhat simple, but I would like coplicated answer.....
....I think that my choice is obvious.....

Ao shall fall, 'Hand of Strife' will rule!!
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Targon Moonrise Posted - 08 Mar 2003 : 22:28:43
I would want to be Helm, God of Guardians. In real life, I am a person that would give his life for his friends if it was needed. I can't stand when a friend is hurting but most of life's problems can't be stopped by me so I suffer with them.
Sadonayerah Odrydin Posted - 30 Jan 2003 : 00:48:48
Thanks Bookwyrm, ArionElenim, and Mumadar Ibn Huzal. I'll have to check those out.

Kitira Gildragon: Sure! That'd be great! Thanks!
Arion Elenim Posted - 29 Jan 2003 : 16:48:03
For the absolute BEST information in existence in the Realms concerning the Elven Pantheon, after you check out the 3rd ed Faiths and Pantheons tome, do yourself a favor and look at Elaine Cunningham's Evermeet: Island of Elves...it is (as I have said before) the Elven bible. It gives an EXTREMELY detailed account of the gods, their history, Lloth's downfall, their creation, and so on...but it particular, the look into their personalities is simply stunning...
Kitira Gildragon Posted - 29 Jan 2003 : 12:35:12
quote:
Originally posted by Sadonayerah Odrydin

Speaking of gods and goddesses, does anyone know all of the elven ones or maybe where I can find them? I know Silvanus, Lloth (or Lolth), Mielikki...and I don't know if this is one but Rillifane. his name is mentioned in Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Hmmm... maybe I can help. If you'd like, I can e-mail you some information from the 3ed Faiths and Pantheons =) Just give me a reply and I'll get right on it!

As for you Dark Lord:
Subordinate? We of the good fight against the evil inside of ourselves and those outside. We do not act submissive to any evil at all. Evil ones may be mildly intelligent, but they lack the wisdom to see that the good will prevail. The only way good can be tortured and humiliated is through failing to uphold what is right and by not fighting against evil. - Kitira Gildragon
Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 29 Jan 2003 : 08:36:18
And of course in the 3e Faiths and Pantheons accessory. Said book holds most if not all of the deities on (known) Toril.

For 2nd edition the resources are: Faiths & Avatars, Powers & Pantheons and Demihuman Deities.
Bookwyrm Posted - 29 Jan 2003 : 06:44:31
Silly 'ol Sadon. You introduced me to this site and now I have to give you directions?

Sigh. Some people . . .

Alundo's Library, Traveler's Notebooks, Forgotten Realms Netbooks, Unofficial Lore, Pantheon of the Realms. That's your treasure map. Follow it, you'll have your answers. Don't leave the path, though, everywhere else is boobytrapped . . . .
Sadonayerah Odrydin Posted - 29 Jan 2003 : 05:44:14
Speaking of gods and goddesses, does anyone know all of the elven ones or maybe where I can find them? I know Silvanus, Lloth (or Lolth), Mielikki...and I don't know if this is one but Rillifane. his name is mentioned in Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
Bookwyrm Posted - 28 Jan 2003 : 20:27:58
Nah, we just tune out inane babble.
Dark_Lord Posted - 28 Jan 2003 : 20:04:37
As always you goody goodies run from a good discussion. So be it then.
Bookwyrm Posted - 28 Jan 2003 : 19:42:52
I hope that wasn't me you were slashing at there, ArionElenim. Good choice, by the way. I picked Oghma myself.

And Dark Lord, Hitler is NOT FR-related. I only mentioned him to prove a point. I don't want to talk about it on email. Now, if you don't mind, let's give some other posters a chance to speak, hmm?
Arion Elenim Posted - 28 Jan 2003 : 19:13:04
(runs into the forum, hacking and slashing his way through the thick bramble of egos that have accrued here...)

Wow, folks......a bit touchy these days, are we not?

Eh...I always fashioned myself like Larethian or perhaps Oghma. Creativity, violent opposition to ignorance, beauty. Sigh....I think I'll go read some John Keats now....
AraznBlair Posted - 28 Jan 2003 : 19:11:27
Again I say that Mystra is who I would be. At a thought She stripped magical power from Cyric by cutting him off to the Weave and so tells me that she could do that to all gods except maybe Ao. Thats why I would be Her. She controls the magic to everyone and the gods.
Dark_Lord Posted - 28 Jan 2003 : 09:13:22
And this is FR related... Because Hitler was an idiot. Madman. I don't support him, and I never will! He was not on the dark side he was only a man with serious mental problem. I pity him and disgust him at the same time…
Send me an E-Mail and we shall discuss it.
Bookwyrm Posted - 28 Jan 2003 : 03:17:36
Jeez! I'd say "catfight" but that would probably be offensive to Zemd. And as for Dark Lord . . . if the dark shall always rule, why doesn't it? Hmm? Why did, for instance, the Nazis fall?

Quad erat demonstrandum.

Now, Zemd is right. As strong as the temptation may be, let's stay on-FR.
zemd Posted - 27 Jan 2003 : 18:06:02
I'm not here to judge anyone. It's a FR related forum, and we are going away from this original idea.
Write me an email, we'll be able to continue this discussion
Dark_Lord Posted - 27 Jan 2003 : 18:02:25
And who would be that, on this boards?
zemd Posted - 27 Jan 2003 : 17:56:34
I didn't say that evel people were stupid, i said that what i read proved me that some actually are stupid
Dark_Lord Posted - 27 Jan 2003 : 17:51:11
You would be surprised, zemd, to see how many intelligent, evil people there are on this world. Good people, on the other hand, are “subordinate” and small minded. Not to intelligent to do something important. THEY ARE ONLY CREATED TO BE TORTURED AND HUMILIATED BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA…
…I overdid it, I know.
zemd Posted - 27 Jan 2003 : 17:31:56
quote:
Originally posted by jason12345

quote:
Originally posted by drummerboy465

I agree with Rad. It would be nice to be Mielikki.

Ha Ha! You want to be a girl! FOOOOOOOL!!!!! I agree with Dark_Lord when I say DARK GODS WILL RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. Ha Ha! You want to be a girl!

Do i really need do tell what i think of this?!
Not only you just yell your reply, but you don't even explain your choice. And finally, you never played female characters and never will just because you are a male? To put it in a nutshell you play characters that looks like you (Intellingence: 5 no?), what the point of role playing then?
jason12345 Posted - 26 Jan 2003 : 20:49:22
quote:
Originally posted by drummerboy465

I agree with Rad. It would be nice to be Mielikki.

Ha Ha! You want to be a girl! FOOOOOOOL!!!!! I agree with Dark_Lord when I say DARK GODS WILL RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. Ha Ha! You want to be a girl!
lowtech Posted - 25 Jan 2003 : 16:26:46
Oghma. I'm addicted to information.
Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 23 Jan 2003 : 17:33:33
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well Met

Please try to phrase your posts a little differently, Great Drizzt
There are younger people on these forums who may be confused or offended.

And the old geezers wouldn't? ... or would that be considered a sign of old age?
Kitira Gildragon Posted - 23 Jan 2003 : 12:46:38
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Feanor_Karnil

I would like to put in that Bane was resurrected. Anyway I would be Torm because he is an awesome god and has a cool dragon for a mount.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*cough* Tyr's bootlicker! *cough*

Dark_Lord, I think that since we've respected your decision to like Bane, you could at least show the same courtesy to the rest of us here without the name calling.
Dark_Lord Posted - 23 Jan 2003 : 12:40:20
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well Met

There are younger people on these forums who make be confused or offended.

Alaundo Posted - 23 Jan 2003 : 09:34:06
Well Met

There are younger people on these forums who may be confused or offended.
The Great Drizzt Posted - 23 Jan 2003 : 08:22:27
Oh come on now, were all forgetting about the most famous of all the gods.....Lloth/Lolth, she kicks ass, I would definately have to say I'd be her, she gets to F$%* with people all day, nothing but chaos!!!

If not, I'd kinda like to be Vhearun(spelling) even though I hate thieves worse than any class, but hey, he's cool!

The Great Drizzt
Alexis Merlin Posted - 22 Jan 2003 : 19:04:59
I agree with Bookwyrm on this - Oghma has always been a firm favourite of mine.
Ranaghar Tsaran Posted - 22 Jan 2003 : 11:28:39
quote:
Originally posted by Sadonayerah Odrydin

Yeah, Mielikki is the best (IMO). If I could be any one of the gods (or goddesses), I would probably pick her. Rangers and nature are my thing. But of course, Silvanus is quite cool as well. So I guess either of them would work for me. (in case you hadn't noticed, I'm a big elf fan. Lol. ^_^ )

I see we can become friends, Sadonayerah...good to see a friendly face
Bookwyrm Posted - 22 Jan 2003 : 05:35:52
Is there a category for deity-of-all-trades? I mean, Mieikki would be good. (Though the gender bit might be a handicap . . . or would it? After all, I could change that bit easily, right?) God of Magic would be nice, just because of the idea of that job. Erevan Ilesere and Eilistraee both kind of fit my personality . . . .

I could go on and on. The Forgotten Realms has too big a pantheon, if you ask me, and most of them have a piece of someone in them. However, if I had to choose one slot, I'd pick Oghma. Knowledge, invention, inspiration . . . you get to be both the top librarian (and read ALL the books, without having to worry about overdues) AND be the top teacher.

To those of you who prefer brute-force powers, I say to you, knowledge IS power. No information is useless, and by controlling the flow of information, you control the world.

Though I admit I'd change the name. "Oghma" sounds too much like a bad actor playing a caveman . . .

Yeah, Bookwyrm the Wize, Guardian of Knowledge. Sounds good.

-----------------------------

PS: To those who prefer the all-powerful aproach (can you imagine being able to do ANYthing? Boring!) and want to be Ao, look at Dark Lord's first post. He says "which FR god." Ao isn't a Toril god. He's the custodian of all of the Dungeons & Dragons worlds. That means he's off-limits in this thread.

So there.
Deneir Posted - 22 Jan 2003 : 03:06:33
i would choose of course Deneir
I think that Cadderly was one of the best Salvator creations

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000