Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Resurrection (WotSQ VI) Sample Chapter

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PaulSKemp Posted - 23 Mar 2005 : 14:05:57
For those interested, I've posted a sample chapter from "Resurrection" on my website.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/paulskemp/
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Zanan Posted - 12 Apr 2005 : 16:41:51
quote:
Originally posted by khorne

BTW, why did wotc have to go and kick the great wheel out of FR and mess everything up? Doesn`t seem to make any sense.

Wrong thread, hence a quick answer: IMHO, they wanted to create a equivalent / balance to Arvandor as the realm of the deities of the "good" elves. Furthermore, Lolth herself is a powerful deity, one that deserves better than a place among Abyssal Lords.
SiriusBlack Posted - 11 Apr 2005 : 18:39:47
quote:
Originally posted by PaulSKemp
Since I already went out on a limb with this, I figured I might as well offer the most current information. I have heard from my editor that "Resurrection" will ship today or tomorrow, which means that it will find its way into stores next week. Sorry for any confusion or inconvenience.

Paul

An FYI to those fans eagerly waiting for this novel, both Barnes & Noble and Books a Million are showing this novel as ships within 2-3 days/3-4 days, respectively.
khorne Posted - 10 Apr 2005 : 20:34:12
BTW, why did wotc have to go and kick the great wheel out of FR and mess everything up? Doesn`t seem to make any sense.
Zanan Posted - 09 Apr 2005 : 08:10:56
Haven't had a reason to complain so far and as long as the books are cheaper (despite handling and P&P) from Amazon.com than they are at Amazon Germany, I will not start to complain either.

Let's hope and see.
SiriusBlack Posted - 09 Apr 2005 : 00:43:54
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31
Sorta like they STILL have the Neverwinter Nights anthology on sale even though it's never been printed. :)

SB bows down

Best damn example kuje. I have to remember that the next time a scribe brings up Amazon.
Kuje Posted - 09 Apr 2005 : 00:39:05
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack
I hope you are ready for a possible long wait. Out of the three online book vendors, B&N, BAM, and Amazon, the latter is the one, for some reason, that has the slowest time getting in new WOTC novels. That theory is based on my experiences the past couple of years. Perhaps it will be different this time around. I would like that to be so. I could get it delivered next day air then for just over three dollars.

And don't worry about it having a May release date on Amazon. That vendor at one time had a release date for the next novel of George R.R. Martin's series. This listing took place despite the fact the author and publisher had provided no information on the novel's release because it was still being written.

For release dates, at times I feel Amazon throws a dart at a board, while blindfolded.

Sorta like they STILL have the Neverwinter Nights anthology on sale even though it's never been printed. :)
SiriusBlack Posted - 09 Apr 2005 : 00:36:23
quote:
Originally posted by Zanan
Amazon.com, do you copy?!

I hope you are ready for a possible long wait. Out of the three online book vendors, B&N, BAM, and Amazon, the latter is the one, for some reason, that has the slowest time getting in new WOTC novels. That theory is based on my experiences the past couple of years. Perhaps it will be different this time around. I would like that to be so. I could get it delivered next day air then for just over three dollars.

And don't worry about it having a May release date on Amazon. That vendor at one time had a release date for the next novel of George R.R. Martin's series. This listing took place despite the fact the author and publisher had provided no information on the novel's release because it was still being written.

For release dates, at times I feel Amazon throws a dart at a board, while blindfolded.
Tanyn Midrain Posted - 08 Apr 2005 : 22:51:59
I sincerely hope so, since I ordered my book from them as well.
Ethriel Posted - 08 Apr 2005 : 22:13:32
On Amazon.com: It has the shipping listed as the delivery arriving in MAY! Think this is an error?
Zanan Posted - 08 Apr 2005 : 21:44:04
quote:

quote:

I understand from WotC that "Resurrection" will be in stores and available starting next week (i.e., the week of April 4). FYI.

Since I already went out on a limb with this, I figured I might as well offer the most current information. I have heard from my editor that "Resurrection" will ship today or tomorrow, which means that it will find its way into stores next week. Sorry for any confusion or inconvenience.

Paul

Amazon.com, do you copy?!? Ordered it two month ago, now I hope it will be over here soon! Thanks for the news and xal Lolth kyorl dos! (if she's still alive, that is ...)
SiriusBlack Posted - 07 Apr 2005 : 03:41:33
quote:
Paul

What they don't have overnight shipping?

Thank you for the update. Nervous any yet about the reaction from fans?
Krafus Posted - 07 Apr 2005 : 01:29:53
Yay! Now I'll have something to buy as a reward to myself once I'm done with my term's finals...
Tamsar Posted - 06 Apr 2005 : 22:12:17
Does this also hold true for those who reside in the Sceptered Isle?

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.

elven_songstress Posted - 06 Apr 2005 : 22:10:09
YAY!
Thanks Paul !!!
PaulSKemp Posted - 06 Apr 2005 : 21:28:56
quote:

I understand from WotC that "Resurrection" will be in stores and available starting next week (i.e., the week of April 4). FYI.

Paul
Sorenna_Melruth Posted - 03 Apr 2005 : 21:34:34
Oh!
One of my favorite Deities right next to Mask!
I see I will be needing to hit the store here soon as well. Excellent chapter and I can't wait for the rest.
Shemmy Posted - 01 Apr 2005 : 22:43:57
quote:

Darn you Paul, there goes my money :)

Cannot wait to read it.
Weiser_Cain Posted - 01 Apr 2005 : 19:38:48
No I was asking about an annotation. I was actually thinking of the annotated Dragonlance book when I asked this question. I may be getting ahead of myself though as I don't know if I'll like what you've done to my spider queen*crosses fingers*...
Mareka Posted - 01 Apr 2005 : 18:11:06
quote:

That's great, but OMG, I've got a lot of reading to do. I'm only halfway through Insurrection!
SiriusBlack Posted - 01 Apr 2005 : 17:07:48
quote:

From your lips to vendors' ears.
PaulSKemp Posted - 01 Apr 2005 : 15:15:57

PaulSKemp Posted - 01 Apr 2005 : 15:14:49
quote:
Originally posted by Weiser_Cain

Resurrection (WotSQ VI) and idealy the rest of the series.

Weiser_Cain, do you mean a summary? An annotation would be quite an undertaking, since it would consist of the entirety of each book along with notes and cross-references relating to the text (see Weis and Hickman's Annotated Dragonlance Chronicles, for an example).

In any event, I'm not aware of any summaries (or annotations) of WotSQ. I'll bet a fan has put together a summary somewhere, though.

Weiser_Cain Posted - 01 Apr 2005 : 09:15:41
Resurrection (WotSQ VI) and idealy the rest of the series.
SiriusBlack Posted - 01 Apr 2005 : 08:16:06
quote:
Originally posted by Weiser_Cain

Hey paul, who do I scream at to get an annotated version of this?

Annotated version of what?
Weiser_Cain Posted - 01 Apr 2005 : 07:29:46
Hey paul, who do I scream at to get an annotated version of this?
SiriusBlack Posted - 01 Apr 2005 : 06:53:57
WOTC main book page has many new features highlighting this tome.

A Character Profile: Inthracis

Resurrection Screensaver

and

War of the Spider Queen Sample Chapters
Lameth Posted - 30 Mar 2005 : 10:31:21
Thank you for the sample chapter Paul.
Some guys and me can`t wait to read the whole book and get the answers to many questions.
Go on with your great work and never stop writing.
The Sage Posted - 29 Mar 2005 : 14:28:12
quote:
Originally posted by Shemmy

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage
Indeed. I've often wondered what the 3e FR interpretation for the baern would be like...

This is really off topic at this point, but The Sage mentioned it and it got me thinking: http://www.planewalker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7379#7379 My interpretation of that idea, about a page worth of fiction or so.

An interesting interpretation .

I'll leave further discussion for PW.com, in this linked thread.
Shemmy Posted - 29 Mar 2005 : 09:03:52
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage
Indeed. I've often wondered what the 3e FR interpretation for the baern would be like...

This is really off topic at this point, but The Sage mentioned it and it got me thinking: http://www.planewalker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7379#7379 My interpretation of that idea, about a page worth of fiction or so.
Ethriel Posted - 28 Mar 2005 : 21:39:16
Lesse...Pharaun and Quenthel have double crossed one another...though, in Pharaun's case that's debateable...Ryld and Halisstra betrayed the others, Danifae commits betrayal like noone's business, Jeggred's betrayed Quenthel and Ryld...Valas? If he didn't turn back, he's remained fully loyal...and Pharaun, like I said...it's not for sure he comitted any betrayals..I have the feeling the little aboleth thing was his master plan all along

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000