Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Crown of Narfell

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cyandor Posted - 29 Jul 2005 : 20:32:00
I am confused about some of the write-ups at the end of Champions of Ruin regarding the Crown of Narfell.

On pg 132 of CoR, it states that the Crown of Narfell was shattered in 731. Thereafter, it was reforged into the Moaning Crown Ndulu.
The Moaning Crown is described as being locked away in the Citadel of Conjurors.

On pg 136 of CoR, the Crown of Narfell is referred to as being protected by Soargar the Archmage and later the Crown passing to the revived monarchy of Implitur. These events all take place after 922.

Was the Crown of Narfell remade a 2nd time? Are the referrences on pg 136 actually to the Moaning Crown? Is there more than one Crown of Narfell? Any assistance on this would be appreciated. Furthermore, if anyone is aware of any statistice for the Crown it would be helpful.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
warlockco Posted - 05 Aug 2005 : 02:04:26
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

There is only ever one WE for any product, so no.

-- George Krashos

Not quite true, Draconomicon, Ghostwalk, Underdark, Faiths and Pantheons all had two WEs.
George Krashos Posted - 05 Aug 2005 : 01:15:00
There is only ever one WE for any product, so no.

-- George Krashos
warlockco Posted - 04 Aug 2005 : 08:22:28
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

Hopefully sooner.

--Eric

Maybe another Web Enhancement for Champions of Ruin?
ericlboyd Posted - 03 Aug 2005 : 18:41:23
Hopefully sooner.

--Eric
Cyandor Posted - 03 Aug 2005 : 18:13:29
So is there hope for stats on the good Crown of Narfell and Hadryllis in the recently announced Power of Faerun? Seems like an excellent place for it.
ericlboyd Posted - 29 Jul 2005 : 20:56:30
The original Crown of Narfell was shattered in 731 DR. This is the evil artifact that the Nentyarchs of Narfell employed.

Upon shattering, the original Crown of Narfell was separated into two sets of components. One set of components were the crown-wraiths. Ndulu slowly captured the crown-wraiths over the next five decades and then made the Moaning Crown of Ndulu from them. The other set of components were the physical pieces of the broken crown. Sarshel gathered these up pieces and had them forged into a redeemed (i.e. good) Crown of Narfell. This new Crown of Narfell is the crown of state for Impiltur's modern monarchs.

The reference on page 136 is to the good-aligned Crown of Narfell redeemed and reforged on Sarshel's command. This crown was nearly lost to Soneillon, but Soargar protected it during the Kingless Years, and his instructions led Imphras to it (the good-aligned crown) after his great victory. The crown has sat atop the head of Impiltur's monarchs ever since. Imbrar apparently did not wear it into battle when he vanished.

I'm hopeful you'll see a write-up of the good-aligned Crown of Narfell in a future Realms supplement. Ditto for Hadryllis.

--Eric

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000