Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Vandria Gilmadrith: Lady of Grief
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

varyar
Learned Scribe

108 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2024 :  12:26:38  Show Profile Send varyar a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello all! I've got a new book out on the DM's Guild, this one focusing on Vandria Gilmadrith, elvish goddess of grief and vengeance. Please give it a look!

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/481871/Vandria-Gilmadrith-Lady-of-Grief

TBeholder
Great Reader

2399 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2024 :  13:54:39  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why suddenly grief and vengeance? Did the brain trust of 4e "One, two... too many" fame merge her with Shevarash, or something?

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

varyar
Learned Scribe

108 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2024 :  15:38:41  Show Profile Send varyar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a bit of poor phrasing in my description, I admit. I'll adjust the product page.

The text itself is truer to the lore.
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2399 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2024 :  22:02:33  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by varyar

Speaking of the (official) lore. I was under impression that she was made just for Races of the Wild, left behind with no demand for yet another obscure Seldarine, and that was that.
I looked at FR wikia now, it appears there were also 2 mentions in generic 5e books (from 4e drudges) and grand total of 1 (one) tweet from Greenwood (the same as quoted here) linking in to FR.
It this all?
Also, the tweet went with "grief" only, did "elven Red Knight" idea wither in 5e?

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

varyar
Learned Scribe

108 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2024 :  23:22:45  Show Profile Send varyar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

quote:
Originally posted by varyar

Speaking of the (official) lore. I was under impression that she was made just for Races of the Wild, left behind with no demand for yet another obscure Seldarine, and that was that.
I looked at FR wikia now, it appears there were also 2 mentions in generic 5e books (from 4e drudges) and grand total of 1 (one) tweet from Greenwood (the same as quoted here) linking in to FR.
It this all?
Also, the tweet went with "grief" only, did "elven Red Knight" idea wither in 5e?

Yes, Vandria is poorly represented in the lore. That's one reason I picked her to write about (the other, more important one is that she's the patron goddess of one of my old FR PCs from 3E so I've always liked her).

As for "elven Red Knight", no, that's still part of her concept. From Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes:

Province (aka Portfolio): War, grief, justice, vigilance.
Domains: Grave, War
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2454 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2024 :  02:03:34  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

Why suddenly grief and vengeance? Did the brain trust of 4e "One, two... too many" fame merge her with Shevarash, or something?

That girl wasn't even mentioned in 4e, while Shevarash was, so dunno.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000