Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Waterdeep's Temples
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Na-Gang
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2008 :  13:39:43  Show Profile  Visit Na-Gang's Homepage Send Na-Gang a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm having some problems finding official lore about the following temples, besides their names and locations:

The Shrines of Nature (Mielikki and Silvanus)
The Temple of Good Cheer (Milil) - I only find mention of this in Faiths & Avatars
The House of Heroes (Tempus)

Also, in Faiths & Avatars under Istishia's entry it mentions that Waterdeep has a large temple to the God-King of Water Elementals. I'm convinced that some time ago I read somewhere of a small chapel in a cellar somewhere near the docks but I can't find it again. Although, I might be confusing that with Umberlee before the construction of The Queenspire.

Dear, sweet sages and searchers - can anyone help me with this?

EDIT: I'd also like a bit more information about The Temple of Beauty than is presented in Faiths & Avatars

Edited by - Na-Gang on 12 Aug 2008 13:59:37

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2008 :  13:50:14  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Na-Gang

I'm having some problems finding official lore about the following temples, besides their names and locations:

The Temple of Good Cheer (Milil) - I only find mention of this in Faiths & Avatars

Also, in Faiths & Avatars under Istishia's entry it mentions that Waterdeep has a large temple to the God-King of Water Elementals. I'm convinced that some time ago I read somewhere of a small chapel in a cellar somewhere near the docks but I can't find it again. Although, I might be confusing that with Umberlee before the construction of The Queenspire.

Dear, sweet sages and searchers - can anyone help me with this?

I remember a temple full of paladins....Tyr...or was it Helm? It escapes me as of now, but I am sure another scribe will finish my thoughts for you!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Na-Gang
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2008 :  13:57:30  Show Profile  Visit Na-Gang's Homepage Send Na-Gang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

I remember a temple full of paladins....Tyr...or was it Helm? It escapes me as of now, but I am sure another scribe will finish my thoughts for you!

I think you probably mean Tyr's House of Justice or one of his Orders.

I should perhaps elaborate that I'm aware of, and happy with, the canon lore I've found for the following temples (including the Skullport and Undermountain 'cults' and temples as well), it's just the ones in the original post I'm interested in.

Cyric, Eilistraee, Ghaunadaur, Gond, Lathander, Loviatar, Malar, Mystra, Oghma, Selune, Shar, Siamorphe, Tymora, Tyr, and Umberlee

Edited by - Na-Gang on 12 Aug 2008 14:00:18
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2008 :  14:07:22  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I think you probably mean Tyr's House of Justice or one of his Orders.

I should perhaps elaborate that I'm aware of, and happy with, the canon lore I've found for the following temples (including the Skullport and Undermountain 'cults' and temples as well), it's just the ones in the original post I'm interested in.

Cyric, Eilistraee, Ghaunadaur, Gond, Lathander, Loviatar, Malar, Mystra, Oghma, Selune, Shar, Siamorphe, Tymora, Tyr, and Umberlee

That's the one, and sorry I mis read your scroll and posted un-necessary fluff!!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Na-Gang
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2008 :  14:26:05  Show Profile  Visit Na-Gang's Homepage Send Na-Gang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
That's the one, and sorry I mis read your scroll and posted un-necessary fluff!!

Don't be silly - this exchange has made my thread seem popular!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2008 :  14:50:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Both the 2e City of Splendors boxed set and the 3e City of Splendors: Waterdeep tome have details on these three divine locations. Volo's Guide to Waterdeep has some lore on the House of Heroes as well.
quote:
EDIT: I'd also like a bit more information about The Temple of Beauty than is presented in Faiths & Avatars
There are some very brief tidbits on the Temple of Beauty in the sources I mentioned above.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 12 Aug 2008 14:51:37
Go to Top of Page

Na-Gang
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2008 :  16:02:04  Show Profile  Visit Na-Gang's Homepage Send Na-Gang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Both the 2e City of Splendors boxed set and the 3e City of Splendors: Waterdeep tome have details on these three divine locations. Volo's Guide to Waterdeep has some lore on the House of Heroes as well.
quote:
There are some very brief tidbits on the Temple of Beauty in the sources I mentioned above.

Many thanks, Sage. However, I can't find anything more than a location mentioned for these temples in the 3E CoS:Waterdeep book. I have the 2E boxed set as well, but I like to take the most recent lore and work backwards if I can't find anything. So if there is something more than just the location in the 3E book I'd be very grateful if you could point me to it.

Edited by - Na-Gang on 12 Aug 2008 16:02:54
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000