Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Elaine Cunningham [II]
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 37

DenverJack
Acolyte

20 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2014 :  01:35:48  Show Profile Send DenverJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello again Elaine. I got my hands on a copy of Dragon #335 and read Game Of Chance - very interesting :-)
You've previously touched on the spell Elaith used to make 'speak with dead' type spells not function, and I was wondering if you had in mind any powers/abilities of Elaith's "special black knife," other than being of dark-elf craftsmanship?
I greatly appreciate anything you'd be willing to share.
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2014 :  15:42:10  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, by chance, I was literally trying to figure this out this morning.

I note the following: Nisstyre dies in 1361 DR (when Daughter of the Drow is set). Misstyre is mentioned in 1369 DR (when The North is written).

Therefore, despite the similarities, I don't think they can be the same individual unless that was Elaine's intent and there's a deeper story.

--Eric

quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

quote:
Originally posted by Duneth Despana

Thank you for such a quick reply ^_^. If not you, could you point me to which writer/designer has authority on the subject?

Unfortunately, I cannot. I have not been writing in the Realms for several years now, and I don't know who's responsible for what these days. You might want to post your question on the WotC community board. It seems likely that game designers and editors check the board from time to time.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11691 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2014 :  20:12:33  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

Elaine, I realize that you cannot claim to be an expert on lythari mechanics, however, in my opinion, you grasp their spirit. I would like to ask your opinion regarding the sensitivity of the lythari to silver, wolfsbane and the full moon? I realize that nothing you say in anyway reflects what has already been written, I only wonder what you think.

The lythari are not werewolves, so I see no reason for them to be affected by the usual triggers and banes. In fact, it seems to me that lythari might take up the practice of wearing silver just to make a point. I imagine that the moon cycles would play a large part in their culture, both ritual and practical matters such as hunting, but I don't see the moon forcing a change.

As for wolfsbane, I imagine lythari would have much the same reaction as a human. The plant--also known as monkshood or by its Latin name, aconite--is a deadly poison. Ingesting roots can cause death in a few hours. Just handling the leaves can cause your hands to tingle and burn. Oddly enough, it's in very common use in cottage gardens. In fact, I used to grow a lovely deep blue monkshood in one of my flower gardens, right next to the raspberry patch, but I dug it out when a new family moved in next door with two little girls who were very fond of raspberries.

My point, and I do have one, is that wolfsbane is bad news to more people than werewolves.

That said, there's no real reason to assume that the family of plants referred to as wolfsbane in the Realms is identical to the 200+ varieties of aconite we have in our particular reality. It may be that the wolfsbane of Faerun has other botanical or magical properties, some of which might have either a beneficial or deleterious effect on the lythari. It would be fun, come to think of it, if the lythari could do something completely unexpected and badass with wolfsbane. Alternately, I could see them using it as a suppressant to their lupine nature; for example, suppose there are rare cases of lythari who are team players in elf form but either rogues or violent in wolf form. It would make sense for them to be exiled from the pack, as it were, but remain part of the community while going through life on two feet. Or perhaps someone has difficulty controlling the change, or is going into a situation where control is particularly difficult, such as a battle where changing into wolf form could be deadly. Ingesting or wearing wolfsbane to prevent changing would make a great deal of sense.

Or maybe they dry and smoke wolfsbane for recreational purposes.

What? Too second edition?

Hey Elaine, just wondering, some of us have made a somewhat connection between the Ilythiiri and the Lythari because of the similarity of the name and the idea that the original Ilythiiri were kind of wood elfish (figuring the Lythari is a corruption of the original tribal name). I was wondering if you had ever intended for that connection to be made.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2014 :  16:17:20  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heya, Eric.

Nice catch! I feel a little stupid for not thinking of the difference in dates -_-' ... ;-P

This just makes me even more curious about the link between the two, and also... if not the events of 1361 DR what caused the band to go from 'established' (1369DR) to 'shattered' (1370).

A heartfelt thank you for your answer!

quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

I note the following: Nisstyre dies in 1361 DR (when Daughter of the Drow is set). Misstyre is mentioned in 1369 DR (when The North is written).

Therefore, despite the similarities, I don't think they can be the same individual unless that was Elaine's intent and there's a deeper story.

--Eric

quote:

quote:

Thank you for such a quick reply ^_^. If not you, could you point me to which writer/designer has authority on the subject?

Unfortunately, I cannot. I have not been writing in the Realms for several years now, and I don't know who's responsible for what these days. You might want to post your question on the WotC community board. It seems likely that game designers and editors check the board from time to time.

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2014 :  16:31:32  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas
Hey Elaine, just wondering, some of us have made a somewhat connection between the Ilythiiri and the Lythari because of the similarity of the name and the idea that the original Ilythiiri were kind of wood elfish (figuring the Lythari is a corruption of the original tribal name). I was wondering if you had ever intended for that connection to be made.

Hi, Sleyvas.

I didn't invent either of these sub-races of elves or the names by which they're known, so I wasn't making any connection. To the best of my knowledge--and keep in mind it has been a few years since I delved into elven lore and I don't know what has been published recently--there is no existing "origin story" for the lythari. How they came about, from whom they descended. There's no creation myth, not even the sort of vanilla legends that filter down to humans. And since there was no official origin story, I didn't create one, not even for my own, "back story" purposes. This is a little unusual--most of the time I work with a "tip of the iceberg" approach to shared-world storytelling--but I wanted to keep the lythari mysterious. Even to me.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2014 :  17:05:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've done a bit of research on lythari, myself, and I was similarly unable to find an origin story for the race. The closest thing I've found is that the skinwalker followers of Rillifane can assume animal form -- but they cannot assume wolf form. That's hardly proof of anything, but I've always assumed there was some connection to the lythari, there.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2014 :  18:01:08  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think, Elaine, in one of your novels Elaith had a poison-needle ring that contained a poison specific to elves. Can you tell me what it was, where it can be found, and the effects of it?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Edited by - Fellfire on 20 Oct 2014 18:23:47
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2014 :  18:27:56  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think, Elaine, in one of your novels Elaith had a poison ring that contained a poison specific to elves. Can you tell me what it was, where it can be found, and the effects of it?

I passed your request along to Elaith, who said that he's only too happy to divulge information of this nature to me and I was welcome to pass it along. But then he observed that three people can keep a secret, provided that two of them are 1) dead and 2) their corpses duly warded against Speak With the Dead spells.

So after due consideration, I think I'm going to go with "no" on this one.
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2014 :  18:42:48  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think Elaith will kill you. You are his biggest proponent. Can you confirm or deny the existence of such a compound and give me the source in which it was mentioned? A short story IIRC and not one of my favorite novels, by that I mean not Songs and Swords or the Harpers

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Edited by - Fellfire on 20 Oct 2014 18:46:25
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2014 :  18:52:34  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Don't want to clutter Elaine's thread to much maybe take further questions to other scroll?

I think the two groups are unrelated other than worshipping Vhaeraun, being active in roughly the same location at different times, and having leaders with similar names.

The Dragons Hoard is active near Trollbridge circa 1361 DR. They move on to skull port. The "shattered" reference in DDGttU is referring to the aftermath of Hurricane Liriel.

Now this me making connections. Savage Frontier says no drow, page 50. The north says Misstyres drow are up by River dessRin in 1369.

FRCS says Clan Auzkovyn arrive circa 1171 DR fight wood lives for 200 years and then leave via portal. There aren't woo doves over by where Misstyres band is.

I would say Misstyres is leader of Clan Auzkovyn in 1369. He lads clAn west say from wood elves, finds a portal, and leave in 1371 DR.

Note also Abey of the Sword write up in F&P.

Eric

quote:

Heya, Eric.

Nice catch! I feel a little stupid for not thinking of the difference in dates -_-' ... ;-P

This just makes me even more curious about the link between the two, and also... if not the events of 1361 DR what caused the band to go from 'established' (1369DR) to 'shattered' (1370).

A heartfelt thank you for your answer!

quote:

--Eric

quote:

quote:

--
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2014 :  19:12:30  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I don't think Elaith will kill you. You are his biggest proponent. Can you confirm or deny the existence of such a compound and give me the source in which it was mentioned? A short story IIRC and not one of my favorite novels, by that I mean not Songs and Swords or the Harpers

Offhand, I don't remember which story mentioned this ring. But yes, I have no doubt that such compounds exists.
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2014 :  20:00:36  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Don't want to clutter Elaine's thread to much maybe take further questions to other scroll?

You're right. I'm sorry. http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3803&whichpage=42

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2014 :  17:12:31  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Elaine,

I have a couple of questions about Elfsong.

In the novel, pages 1-6, we see Garnet meeting with Grimnosh. I'm guessing this is late in 1363, as page 6 says "twice the moon waxed and waned" and then talks about spring, and the rest of the book takes place in 1364 DR.

My questions:

1) Did Grimnosh already have the harp or did Garnet ask him to go get it? I think page 3-4 suggest he already had it in is hoard, but I couldn't quite figure that out.

2) On page 57, Elaith is tracking some great treasure to Taskerleigh, but it's gone. Was he tracking the Morninglark?

3) Assuming Grimnosh already had the harp when Garnet comes to talk to him, then when did he acquire the harp? Was it simply by chance earlier that summer in 1363 DR (meaning Taskerleigh had been destroyed for about 9 months when Elaith's band arrives) or was it much longer? If longer, how much longer?

Thanks,

--Eric, who's working on a timeline for the High Forest

--
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2014 :  23:35:52  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi Elaine,

I have a couple of questions about Elfsong.

In the novel, pages 1-6, we see Garnet meeting with Grimnosh. I'm guessing this is late in 1363, as page 6 says "twice the moon waxed and waned" and then talks about spring, and the rest of the book takes place in 1364 DR.

My questions:

1) Did Grimnosh already have the harp or did Garnet ask him to go get it? I think page 3-4 suggest he already had it in is hoard, but I couldn't quite figure that out.

Grimnosh already had the harp. He got it from the village of Taskerleigh, after killed all but one of the villagers with his breath weapon.

quote:
[2) On page 57, Elaith is tracking some great treasure to Taskerleigh, but it's gone. Was he tracking the Morninglark?

Yes.

quote:
3) Assuming Grimnosh already had the harp when Garnet comes to talk to him, then when did he acquire the harp? Was it simply by chance earlier that summer in 1363 DR (meaning Taskerleigh had been destroyed for about 9 months when Elaith's band arrives) or was it much longer? If longer, how much longer?

Nine months sounds about right.

I'd love to see that timeline, when and if you're ready to share!

Edited by - ElaineCunningham on 26 Oct 2014 23:37:01
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2014 :  02:47:12  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lots of things to share soon, Elaine. Lots.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2014 :  03:58:27  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

-- George Krashos
Sometimes I wish we could 'Like' a post the way we do on Facebook.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2014 :  20:24:52  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

-- George Krashos
Sometimes I wish we could 'Like' a post the way we do on Facebook.

Maybe a feature on the 2.0 Candlekeep forums?

"Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet." - traditional elven farewell

Please forgive any spelling and grammer errors, as my android touch-screen phone has no spellchecker. If I do make a grammer mistake, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

New laptop, still trying to sort my "scrolls" on its shelves...and when will this cursed thing stop doing things I tell it not to?
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2014 :  00:54:55  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I doubt it will hit Candlekeep. Something a tad more "official" would be better.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Edited by - George Krashos on 11 Nov 2014 00:56:02
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2014 :  15:57:51  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think that was in-response to my suggestion of a 'like button', Krash.

However, I whole-heartedly agree with you - I think CK may have run its curse. 2.0 missed its window of opportunity to shine (there will be another, IF there is going to be a 5e FR campaign guide - tying a new version of CK to that release could work).

But we need something new and fresh - this place has become too much like a museum. A clunky circa 2000 web interface isn't going to get kids today (new players) very excited. A place lead by someone who has a positive outlook, who likes to talk and people will hang on the edge of their seats listening to. Not me of course... I simply don' have the beard for it.

And now I just realized this was Elaine's thread. Hmmmmm... need a good question...

Question: This has probably been asked before, but what is Elaith Craulnober's take on drow? Taken individually, universally hated, or he just doesn't care anymore? (considering his own abandonment of his 'elfness')

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 11 Nov 2014 15:58:45
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2014 :  22:58:58  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Question: This has probably been asked before, but what is Elaith Craulnober's take on drow? Taken individually, universally hated, or he just doesn't care anymore? (considering his own abandonment of his 'elfness')

Elaith does not like drow. He harbors the usual deep-seated elven fear/hatred of them, intensified by the fact that his family was wiped out by dark elves. Also, there's the whole dark mirror issue, and the fact that drow tactics and mores are a little too close to his own for comfort.
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2014 :  18:55:25  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In the Dream Spheres the phrase "The strength of Corellon, the beauty of Hanali, the joy of Aerali" is used. Who's Aerali? Thank you in advance ^_^

Edited by - Duneth Despana on 29 Nov 2014 18:55:56
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2014 :  18:17:30  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

In the Dream Spheres the phrase "The strength of Corellon, the beauty of Hanali, the joy of Aerali" is used. Who's Aerali? Thank you in advance ^_^

"A minor member of the Seldarine" would be a safe bet.

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2014 :  23:52:05  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If memory serves, this is a misspelling o Aerdrie Faenya, lady of air and wind. Here's a clip from a FR wiki page:

quote:
In the Dungeons & Dragons roleplaying game, Aerdrie Faenya is the elven goddess of Air, Weather, Freedom, Impulse, Fertility, and Birds. Aerdrie appears to be a tall, elven woman with feathered hair and eyebrows. A pair of large bird-like wings, with feathers that constantly change color, sprout from her back. The lower half of her body vanishes into a misty whirlwind, so that she never appears to touch the ground.[6] Her symbol is a cloud with a bird silhouette.[7] Aerdrie's realm, a floating palace called the Aerie, shifts across the border between Arborea and Ysgard; sometimes it is found in Arvandor and sometimes in Alfheim.

Edited by - ElaineCunningham on 30 Nov 2014 23:53:25
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2014 :  10:56:57  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
If memory serves, this is a misspelling o Aerdrie Faenya, lady of air and wind.

You could always say it's an alias, just like Mielikki had a 2e alias of Khalreshaar.

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2382 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2014 :  14:03:14  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
... Or an aspect, whether separate or contextual. Or not even name as such, but title.
After all, elves say "Arvanaith" instead of "Arvandor" in a slightly different context/meaning, which refers to the same (and they know it).
If humans may venerate e.g. Kossuth in context "fire as a fundamental element", "flame as a boon and foundation of civilized life", "purifying flame" or "fiery destruction", why elves can't be inclined toward veneration of the same deity as "Winged Mother", "Bringer of Rain and Storm" or "Lady of Air and Wind"?
Either way, Chaotic powers are not very inclined to see different sects referring them by slightly different names as a big deal, if Tempus/Tempos and Lolth/Lloth are any examples.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2015 :  15:29:04  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In my last query about Tincheron, you mentioned his daughter, Neesha, I think. Can you tell us anymore about her? I seem to recall a sample chapter from TSD where she was mentioned. I can't recall was that excerp here? How much did she feature in that novel?

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2015 :  15:40:26  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

In my last query about Tincheron, you mentioned his daughter, Neesha, I think. Can you tell us anymore about her? I seem to recall a sample chapter from TSD where she was mentioned. I can't recall was that excerp here? How much did she feature in that novel?

Yes, that excerpt is in the FR Novels forum, in a thread entitled "A birthday gift for long-time Realms readers." It has been a while since it was posted, so I believe it's on the second page. There's also a chapter 3 posted from the same novel, which, in a fit of whimsy, I titled "Chapter 3."

Neesha appears in the first chapter. She's rescued by Elaith and the elves of the Wealdath from a band of orcs who are holding her hostage to ensure safe passage through elven lands. And yes, she played a significant role in the novel.
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2015 :  15:56:05  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*sigh* I just reread those chapters. I knew some were posted here, but I thought I remembered reading another one from your webpage way back when. They are better than I remember. I know many, myself inclded, have said this before, but your quill is dearly missed in these here Realms. Can you add any details regarding Neesha?

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2015 :  16:02:51  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

*sigh* I just reread those chapters. I knew some were posted here, but I thought I remembered reading another one from your webpage way back when. They are better than I remember. I know many, myself inclded, have said this before, but your quill is dearly missed in these here Realms. Can you add any details regarding Neesha?

Thanks for the kind words, Fellfire. I did another pass before posting these chapters here, and I think they benefitted from it.

Unfortunately, I can't add a lot of detail about Neesha without revealing key plot points. I'm very hesitant to do that, since the novel isn't finished and I'm pretty sure that If I ever DID finish it, it would take some unexpected turns. But I think it's save to say that Neesha's SECOND rescue falls to Azariah...
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2015 :  16:13:53  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, thank you. Now a couple more questions,if I may. One I think you might answer, the other I'm sure you will not, but I've got to try. First, Danilo's gift of the book of riddles, were you familiar with the two Treasure Hunt books that were very much like this IRL? I have the first one, where the hidden items were little jeweleries,studded with precious gems, worth quite a boatload, in the shape of grasshoppers and butterflies and the like. I had that book, but could never figure out the riddles. The artwork was beautiful. Just wondered if you drew inspiration from those. And secondly, the half-elf cabin-boy Azariah rescues in Ch. 3. He is describes as having a jutting lower canine, incisor, tusk? My first thought was half-orc?

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 37 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000