Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Dissolution
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2002 :  17:52:31  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just finished reading the book. Firstly, I should warn some
of you that the Do'Urden's are not mentioned or
referenced in this book. It does, however, take place in Menzoberranzan. Lots of nice scheming and other Drow
planning going on. I was afraid I wouldn't like the book
because all the Drow would be evil, and I wouldn't be able
to pick a "hero" that I liked. I was wrong. They come across
with different, varying personalities that I could connect with.
Without naming names or recounting events in the book, I found
myself rooting for one set of characters, then deciding, "No,
I don't want them to win after all, I'll root for these other characters". It was a book that I liked very much, and can't
wait for the next.

Ditalidas
Learned Scribe

Netherlands
127 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2002 :  18:06:55  Show Profile  Visit Ditalidas's Homepage Send Ditalidas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And who wrote this book.... the title is Dissolution?

Might be I'll buy it and look for myself

'All that is' is also 'All that is not' for the one cannot exist without the other.

Sweet Water and Light Laughter
Go to Top of Page

Zacas
Learned Scribe

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2002 :  18:26:32  Show Profile  Visit Zacas's Homepage Send Zacas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dissolution is the first book of the new "War of the Spider Queen" Series (6 books total between now and by the end of 2004) Dissolution is by Richard Lee Byers.
Insurrection is the second book By Thomas M. Reid, and it should be out by the end of the year.
Check some of the other posts in the forum dealing with the "War of the Spider Queen" for a complete list of the books, authors, and due dates.
I guess the basic overview is that Lloth has left the Drow of Menzo (or Menzo has been cut off from her power) so many other enemies from outside Menzo (including other Drow) are coming for revenge...
MUAHAHAHAHA!... er.. *cough* sorry about that :P

I haven't read it, yet... as i am trying to go through a lotta the other books in FR that i have yet to read in my collection... but that's just what i've understood from what others have said on the book...

I am like a superhero, with no powers or motivation.
I have gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.
People like you are the reason people like me are on medication.
Go to Top of Page

ArcticKnight
Learned Scribe

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2002 :  03:29:57  Show Profile  Visit ArcticKnight's Homepage Send ArcticKnight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yes for me its been a long time since ive read about drow, having read all those drizzt books YEARS ago...i liked what they have done and are going to do with Menzo, cant wait for the next books to come out!!!

"The man who does not read has little advantage over the man who cannot read."

Go to Top of Page

Darwin Tenderfoot
Seeker

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2002 :  04:14:46  Show Profile  Visit Darwin Tenderfoot's Homepage Send Darwin Tenderfoot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have never even heard of this series. But, I will be sure to read it especially because I find the Drow Race fascinating. I really dont even know why because I usually dont like evil races. I think it has to do with the intrigue.

Darwin
Go to Top of Page

Strahd Von Zarovich
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2003 :  18:00:19  Show Profile  Visit Strahd Von Zarovich's Homepage Send Strahd Von Zarovich a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I will just edit my post now that I know a topic already exists on this subject.

I know Rad had read the 'War of the Spider Queen' books, and every time I saw him he would proudly show me the books on his shelf and utter the words "Get them down ya neck!". He had nothing but praise for the books that had been released so far.

So I was out and I saw that we had WotSQ: Condemnation on the shelves now, so I bought it. I then went home and ordered the other 2 books that preceeded it.

I got to the end of 'Starless Night' and I thought I must give reading about Drizzt and Co. a rest. So I turned to my shelves and picked up Dissolution.

Now this is what I am talking about, THIS is what I call a book!!

Richard Lee Byers has made the Drow interesting to read about again. This is a book that actually has a story, and only uses the action modestly to drive the story along. The characters are defined so well that I had an immediate affinity with them. I can't put this book down!!

Move over Bob Salvatore.....this is Richard Lee Byers moment, let him basque in the glory of the wonder he has written.

Strahd Von Zarovich

Strahd Von Zarovich

Alaundo and I invite fans of everything D&D to join us!
http://www.worldsofdnd.com
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2003 :  02:30:07  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I saw the first novel in the series in hardcover but at over AU$50, I can wait till it comes out in paperback. I'm interested to see however how other authors besides RA and Elaine will be dealing with drow and the Underdark. I understand that Khannyr Vok (sp?) of Hellgate Keep makes an appearance also. Now that sounds cool.

Of course, i also hear that Ched Nasad has been totalled. So it looks like my namesake in the Realms is dead and gone too ...

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000