Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 In Need of Campaign Ideas! 3.5
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kryal
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2011 :  00:04:33  Show Profile  Visit Kryal's Homepage Send Kryal a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So i'm starting up a FR 3.5 game with some new people and i need some campaign ideas. It's been a while and i can't seem to come up with something awesome. So i'm asking if you guys have any cool ideas that would fit. Anyways here's the characters that will be playing:

Moon Elf Ranger
Moon Elf Sorcerer
Dwarf Cleric

They will start at level 3 in Silverymoon, Waterdeep or somewhere close to these locations. The year would be around 1350-1375 someplace. Not sure where i'm gonna start this time ^^,. If anyone has any awesome campaign ideas just shout out ^^,.

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2011 :  01:39:07  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you start in Silverymoon, there are plenty of great ideas in the Silver Marches sourcebook.

I could suggest adventuring in Delimbyr Vale, and using some of the great stuff that 4e has done for the Nentir Vale (and one fits near-perfectly in the other). The map is available in a few places online (just Google it), and there are quite a lot of resources on the WotC site in their groups section (which is how I learned all the good stuff without having to pay for DDi).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2011 :  03:06:42  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a big conversion fan, and as such use whatever module necessary to start up a campaign. That being said, if your into doing conversion, the Icy Spire (4E) can easily be converted to v3.5 and it's set somewhere in the lower parts of the Dire Wood. I thought it was a lot of fun and it's a free online adventure you can download.

Also, as Markus stated, Silver Marshes have some good info on surrounding areas and what sort of adventures can be had there. If you don't mind using older 3e products, the Sunless Citadel adventure could easily be placed in that area with some backround to elvish lore, or even as a very old temple to the deity Amaunator when he was worshipped by the Netherese.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2011 :  03:52:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A lot of the Adventure Hooks in the Candlekeep Compendium could be used to inspire -- or begin -- a campaign. See the link in my sig.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kerrigan
Acolyte

Germany
31 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2011 :  07:21:23  Show Profile  Visit Kerrigan's Homepage Send Kerrigan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

I'm a big conversion fan, and as such use whatever module necessary to start up a campaign. That being said, if your into doing conversion, the Icy Spire (4E) can easily be converted to v3.5 and it's set somewhere in the lower parts of the Dire Wood. I thought it was a lot of fun and it's a free online adventure you can download.

I also like to convert, especially the old AD&D Adventures published in Dungeon (and for my part, to translate from English into German, as only a fraction of the official modules get translated into German).

You could have a look at the Adventure paths published by Paizo for Pathfinder, f.e. Rise of the Runelords or Curse of the Crimson Throne, they're massive! "Legacy of Fire" also looks quite promising to me, but its set in a middle eastern/egyptian setting.

Greetings,
Felix
Go to Top of Page

Azuth
Senior Scribe

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  02:02:25  Show Profile  Visit Azuth's Homepage Send Azuth a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Well, I'm not sure about Silverymoon per se, but I have to say that one of the best games I ever played was Desert of Desolation in Raurin. I suspect finding the module would be a bit pricey with all of the parts, but it was a ton of fun. I ran it as a DM about five years after playing it, and it was equally fun from that side of the screen.

FWIW...

Azuth, the First Magister
Lord of All Spells

The greatest expression of creativity is through Art.
Offense can never be given, only taken.
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  02:08:10  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Legacy of Fire. What an absolutely gorgeous set of books those are. I just finished reading that a few weeks back. More Mid-Eastern than Egyptian. Easily adapted to Calimshan. Genies and Wishcraft. Hah!

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000