Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Minotaurs in the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2003 :  13:55:04  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My apologies Alaundo. This is exactly the reason why I directed the Cardinal to the website in my profile, in an attempt to discontinue this conversation on non-Realmslore...

What are peoples thoughts then, on a tribal (almost clan like) society of minotaurs living an instinctual lifestyle in the wilds surrounding some major urban area of the Realms?.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2003 :  21:09:00  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your going to blame this on me?!?!
.....*Droops head in defeat*... right...
*Looks to Alaundo and his disapproving stare*
Nineth level dungeon?... Nineth level dungeon....
*Takes his mop and bucket and lurches his way to the stairs leading down...*

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2003 :  22:52:21  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cardinal Deimos

Your going to blame this on me?!?!
.....*Droops head in defeat*... right...
*Looks to Alaundo and his disapproving stare*
Nineth level dungeon?... Nineth level dungeon....
*Takes his mop and bucket and lurches his way to the stairs leading down...*

::shouting after Cardinal Deimos:: And dont forget to scrub those bottom steps extra hard.....the slime on them is quite revolting and takes some shifting Ask the last person who tried to clean them...hes down there shackled to the wall! ::snigger, chuckle::

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 26 Nov 2003 22:53:36
Go to Top of Page

Zacas
Learned Scribe

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2003 :  18:46:10  Show Profile  Visit Zacas's Homepage Send Zacas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::peeks over Alaundo's shoulder, watching Cardinal Deimos trudge all the way down:: OOhhh... heheh... HA HA! ::vanishes before he can get caught up in this 'punishment' too::

I am like a superhero, with no powers or motivation.
I have gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.
People like you are the reason people like me are on medication.
Go to Top of Page

Ardashir
Senior Scribe

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2006 :  20:24:05  Show Profile  Visit Ardashir's Homepage Send Ardashir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
There could even have been an "enchanced" ruling class created by Baphomet, similar to Sess'innek creating the Lizard Kings.

Well, Baphomet *does* have the baphitaurs, and there are some fiendish and half-fiendish minotaurs out there. And there are always ghours and bulezaus. Not to mention goristro and ankhashar... say, I like ol' Hornhead and his minions myself, but is it just me, or has he gotten a LOT of coverage of late?
Go to Top of Page

ShadowJack
Senior Scribe

USA
350 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2006 :  21:54:06  Show Profile  Visit ShadowJack's Homepage Send ShadowJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A small minotaur city in the Realms is something I have been working on for a future campaign of mine... I received much help from the kindly sages here at Candlekeep almost a year ago... It turned into a rather long thread. Some kind sage will post the link for it, I am sure,as I am technologically challenged...

ShadowJack
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2006 :  22:39:37  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShadowJack

A small minotaur city in the Realms is something I have been working on for a future campaign of mine... I received much help from the kindly sages here at Candlekeep almost a year ago... It turned into a rather long thread. Some kind sage will post the link for it, I am sure,as I am technologically challenged...

Here's the thread: Minotaur Cultures in the Realms?

I have it bookmarked, because I'm going to follow up on that idea at some point in the future.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

ShadowJack
Senior Scribe

USA
350 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2006 :  22:44:23  Show Profile  Visit ShadowJack's Homepage Send ShadowJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Wooly! How do you do that? @#$!! &%#!@*! I have tried twice... Anyway, my intelligence, or lack there-of, not-withstanding, I love the idea of a small somewhat civilized Minotaur city in the Realms, not to copy Dl, but to bring a favorite race into Faerun...

ShadowJack
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2006 :  23:50:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://forum.candlekeep.com/faq.asp#hyperlink

Go to Top of Page

ShadowJack
Senior Scribe

USA
350 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  18:01:05  Show Profile  Visit ShadowJack's Homepage Send ShadowJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Wooly,

Do you have a link for everything? You are the Link-Master of CandleKeep! Not that i have any authority to give out titles here in the Keep... Takes off before Alaundo can find him...

ShadowJack
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  19:35:29  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShadowJack

Thanks Wooly,

Do you have a link for everything? You are the Link-Master of CandleKeep! Not that i have any authority to give out titles here in the Keep... Takes off before Alaundo can find him...

Not for everything, but I do keep a list of pre-formatted, frequently used links handy so I can readily copy and paste the info, as necessary.

Go to Top of Page

Aureus
Learned Scribe

Luxembourg
125 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  20:49:35  Show Profile Send Aureus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
minotaurs sound cool, what would they be as PC race, can someone stat me them or give me a link? thanks already

That is not the weirdest thing that happened to me
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  21:44:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aureus

minotaurs sound cool, what would they be as PC race, can someone stat me them or give me a link? thanks already

I believe that they are covered in Savage Species, though I'm not home to check. And I think they are also a playable race in Dragonlance.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  23:10:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Aureus

I believe that they are covered in Savage Species, though I'm not home to check. And I think they are also a playable race in Dragonlance.

They're covered in Savage Species, yes. And they're a playable race in the DLCS 3e as well.

Aureus, you might want to try looking over the WotC site as well. I seem to recall them providing an alternate level progression for a slightly modified (from Savage Species) minotaur PC.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000