Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2014)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 29

Longtime Lurker
Seeker

51 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2014 :  04:40:17  Show Profile  Visit Longtime Lurker's Homepage Send Longtime Lurker a Private Message
Increasingly it looks like Ed is too busy to do his answer-one-outstanding-lore-question-from-every-year thing, this year.
I hope this means lots of Realmslore ahead.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2014 :  04:43:15  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
He is CRUSHINGLY busy right now, but has told me he hopes to start off the New Year by doing it.
I know Jeremy has hopefully nominated one of his own prior questions already, but would anyone else like to suggest a question? Perhaps if I pepper Ed with them he'll weaken and answer one, just to turn aside my teasing for an hour or so.
I can be pretty teazy, when I want to be . . .
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2014 :  05:46:46  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message
I'm game!

Is there any lore that could be shared regarding Deep Gnomes? Anything regarding an as yet unknown settlement of the Svirfneblin? How would you describe one of their settlements to players upon first entering? How about their fabled Gem Magic? Volo's Guide To All Things Magical gives some good starters with the gems in there, but I was wondering if you could share some of the deeper secrets of their magic.

And just in case (though I suspect NDA), back in 2012 I attempted to nudge the Bearded One with this question:

I was wondering if you could tell us a bit more about the Spiderhaunt Woods. Its name and proximity to the old Lands Under Shadow makes me think there must be some history with the drow involved. Aside from it being full of spiders and ettercaps, the only real thing we know is that beholders roam its woods according to the Tome of the Wyvernwater Circle (Dragon 164). The Xraunrarr Shall Triumph article claims the beholders fled north to find some fell magic for their battle with Uldeeth, which I presume was the Spiderhaunt. Any possible info on what's in those woods or maybe even what kind of magic those beholders found that blasted Uldeeth into its current state? Did the Knights ever venture into these woods and could you tell us of some of their adventures within?

Thanks Ed and THO. Best wishes to you and yours as we move into a new year!

Edited by - Eilserus on 31 Dec 2014 05:47:07
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2014 :  05:56:56  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm

I remembered the question I was struggling to recall when I ran into him at the WotC block party at GenCon (he was with the beautiful Erin Evans, and I think Susan Morris was nearby too...

I suspect many of us would see our train of thought derail in the presence of Erin and Susan.

Since they're not here at the moment, I can proceed with a coherent question. Well, as coherent as I ever am. I'm wondering about Alokkair, circa 1357.

Do he and Elminster have an understanding of some sort, in which Elminster leaves him alone as long as he leaves the Dalesfolk alone (the ones who don't intrude on his lair, at least)? As a tangent, what are Elminster's feelings about Alokkair's goal of turning the Tesh valley back into Hlontar?

And THO, have the Knights had any interactions with Alokkair? Any bits of personality you can share?

If he just happens to be under a soon-to-be-resolved NDA, it'll make a great late Christmas gift.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2014 :  09:18:57  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
I've long been curious about the scattered references to Nesker, the sorcerer-king of Mulmaster. I'm pretty sure I asked about him years ago. What was his story?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2014 :  15:48:33  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
Well met,

Could I please ask that my fellow scribes refrain from posting any more requests for lore to Ed and THO as this scroll will soon be sealed [this then allows THO to better synchronise the crossover into the upcoming 2015 scroll]? You may soon resume your requests in the 2015 scroll which I will open shortly.

Thank you.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2014 :  16:01:20  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
And with that being the case, and since Australia has now entered 2015, please be aware that this scroll will now be closing, with Ed's Realmslore answers and The Hooded One's grace and charm starting fresh in a new scroll for 2015.

Casts Seal Scroll.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 29 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000