Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 What are you reading? (2018-20??)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2016 :  16:26:38  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Skimmed Bury Elminster Deep and continuing the skim-fest with Elminster Enraged.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2016 :  16:53:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been slowly plugging away at Swords of Eveningstar for my Cormyr game I'm planning. I have a bunch of other books to read for that game, and some to read for the Silver Marches game I'm planning, and I also have had the Orc King and Spellstorm in my to-read pile for over a month.
Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2016 :  03:05:05  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm reading The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North and so far it's quite good.

Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2016 :  15:12:53  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Starting The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2016 :  13:52:49  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Starting The Sentinel by Troy Denning. I usually enjoy Denning's Realms books, but "Kleef" has got to be one of the worst character names I've ever seen.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2016 :  16:09:43  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Been trying to complete my re-read of Harry Potter. I'm about halfway thru the last book. It's been a lot slower going than normal, because I've been sick, trying to get more sleep because of that, and I'm still working long hours at work.

I've also been reading some ebooks, which has also slowed down the reading of the dead tree ones. I've read a couple Shadowrun books, Deniable Assets and Shaken, I've read an ebook of The Colour of Magic, and I think there was a BattleTech one somewhere in there, too.

And then I started my ebook of The Martian... I didn't see the movie, so I decided to give the book a chance. I got the dead tree version, but recently found a deal for the ebook for $1 or $2. I started reading it this week, and I'm hooked. I'm going to focus on that until it's finished.

I think it's safe to assume the guy lives and makes it off of Mars, but I'm still eagerly turning pages to see what happens next.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 31 Mar 2016 16:11:19
Go to Top of Page

Lamora
Seeker

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2016 :  04:14:48  Show Profile Send Lamora a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been re-reading Malazan Book of the Fallen for the third or fourth time. I am currently on Memories of Ice which might be the best in the whole series. It always amazes me how some books just keep pulling me back in for another read. I think I might have read Wheel of Time at least 5 times and I have read Drizzt at least twice. Some books are just always fun reads no matter how many times you read them before.
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2016 :  05:01:50  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm about a third of the way though the ARC of Bob's latest, Maestro.

So far, its very good.
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2016 :  09:19:38  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahh the colour of magic, I read that a few months back and the light fantastic immediately afterwards. Terry pratchett is one of the few authors to make me laugh out loud while reading, and the only one I know of to turn a travelling suitcase into a truly menacing and indestructible killing machine.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2016 :  13:04:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

Ahh the colour of magic, I read that a few months back and the light fantastic immediately afterwards. Terry pratchett is one of the few authors to make me laugh out loud while reading, and the only one I know of to turn a travelling suitcase into a truly menacing and indestructible killing machine.

After reading The Colour of Magic, I was left wondering just how that book had managed to launch such a successful franchise. I barely even snickered while reading it, and in general, the book was quite underwhelming. I've now read two Discworld novels, and neither one has done anything for me.

Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2016 :  13:43:16  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Huh, horses for courses i suppose. I love rincewind and his attitude that catches people off guard with its clarity of thought (and value for his own life). I love the satire of real life events and institutions and ideals that showcases just how ridiculous our lives have become and yet that ridiculousness makes us feel safe.
The descriptions of the luggage I love (how can a box with no features look threatening). I love Cohen and the idea of what happens to a hero when they get old. I love the disc worlds impression of just what a hero is in the first place.

I can't see how anyone could not love it but that's because I'm me and not someone else. Carrot the policeman with his dwarven war cry. The thieves guild that doesn't do any thieving. The shopping trolleys. Death. All of it just has me rolling with laughter.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2016 :  16:34:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found Good Omens, which Terry Pratchett co-wrote with Neil Gaiman, to be absolutely hilarious; it's one of my favorite books.

The other Discworld novel I read was one I grabbed at random when Callmegene and another friend both assured me I could jump in anywhere... And while I read it, I was very aware that I was missing jokes and references and such from earlier material. And it didn't work for me... When I later told Callmegene and the other guy about it, they were both "Oh, yeah, that was a horrible place to just jump in!" <bangs head into wall repeatedly>

So while I know that a lot of people have loved the Discworld stuff, I've tried twice now. I don't anticipate giving it a third chance.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2016 :  16:43:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Been trying to complete my re-read of Harry Potter. I'm about halfway thru the last book. It's been a lot slower going than normal, because I've been sick, trying to get more sleep because of that, and I'm still working long hours at work.

I've also been reading some ebooks, which has also slowed down the reading of the dead tree ones. I've read a couple Shadowrun books, Deniable Assets and Shaken, I've read an ebook of The Colour of Magic, and I think there was a BattleTech one somewhere in there, too.

And then I started my ebook of The Martian... I didn't see the movie, so I decided to give the book a chance. I got the dead tree version, but recently found a deal for the ebook for $1 or $2. I started reading it this week, and I'm hooked. I'm going to focus on that until it's finished.

I think it's safe to assume the guy lives and makes it off of Mars, but I'm still eagerly turning pages to see what happens next.

I really, really enjoyed The Martian. It's making my list of Best New Reads of the year.

I do have a couple of complaints about the book, but overall, it was quite enjoyable.

One complaint was that the flashback to Mark being left behind just kinda came out of nowhere... The other was that there were a couple of major setbacks that were prefaced by something similar to a flashback; after the first one happened, the beginning of the next pseudo-flashback (which was thankfully short) made it clear something was about to happen.

But other than that, it's fun and interesting to see what all Mark has to go thru and do to survive, and a lot of his personal commentary (most of the book is his log entries) is amusing. It's a fun read, and even given my limited time to read, I still read it in about 3 days. And that's while working 12 hour shifts and trying to get at least 6 hours of sleep a night!

Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2016 :  04:32:49  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finished The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North. It was great. I'd highly recommend it.

Now reading Envy of Angels by Matt Wallace.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2016 :  16:38:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm currently reading The Road to Hell, the latest book in David Weber's Multiverse series. It wasn't even on my planned reading list, because I had no idea the book was coming out. I have been waiting for this one for several years -- I read the first two books, really liked them, and then there's been nothing for several years. Finding out this book was out was a surprise, and I immediately hit up my local library to get a copy.

The series focuses on parallel Earths. Three of them, in particular...

One is a world where their technology is roughly analogous to our 19th century. Firearms and artillery, steam trains, etc. The big thing, though, is that a lot of the population has Talents -- psychic abilities of some sort. It's usually just one or two abilities, like the ability to teleport small objects, or communicate telepathically, or even make yourself practically unnoticeable. Because of these Talents, they do have near-instantaneous communications and a global communications network.

Another of the Earths hasn't progressed much past medieval Europe, in terms of technology... But that's because they make heavy use of magic. Magical hand grenades, dragons bred to be used for transport or for aerial assault, recon gryphons, cross-bow bolts that carry stunning spells, ships powered by magic... They also have "utility crystals" that function as a kind of magic Swiss Army knife, and "personal crystals" that are used the same as computers. They are even called PCs, and there are word-processing and translation "spellware" programs on them, and they can also be hacked. And the recon gryphons carry a kind of crystal that acts like a camera.

So both of these Earths discovered portals to other Earths, and started exploring and colonizing. The thing is, none of these other Earths they've found have been inhabited by humans. The worlds are all the same, so they know the layout and where the resources are located -- there's just no one there.

And that's where the third Earth I referenced comes into play. After decades of exploration of unoccupied Earths by one side, and centuries of exploration of unoccupied Earths by the other side, they run into each other.

And it doesn't go well for either side, leading to warfare.

So the books are exploring this conflict, both on the sharp end, and on the political side. I've rather enjoyed them... The name David Weber should also clue you in that this is military fiction as well as fantasy; it's not what I generally read, but I have liked the premise of these ones.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 11 Apr 2016 16:39:30
Go to Top of Page

Clegane
Seeker

65 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2016 :  22:56:41  Show Profile Send Clegane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elaine Cunningham posting her unpublished Reclamation has rekindled my love of the Forgotten Realms. I am re-reading the Songs and Swords series. I had lost interest when the Realms was moved out of the 1300's DR and have now been motivated to go back and revisit some of my favorite FR novels.

Other than that, I am currently reading Ben Bova's Orion series.
Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2016 :  17:41:18  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finished Envy of Angels by Matt Wallace and quite enjoyed it.

Now reading a short story set in the same series, called Small Wars

Then will read book 2: Lustlocked

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2016 :  14:53:18  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm currently reading The Road to Hell, the latest book in David Weber's Multiverse series. It wasn't even on my planned reading list, because I had no idea the book was coming out. I have been waiting for this one for several years -- I read the first two books, really liked them, and then there's been nothing for several years. Finding out this book was out was a surprise, and I immediately hit up my local library to get a copy.

The series focuses on parallel Earths. Three of them, in particular...

One is a world where their technology is roughly analogous to our 19th century. Firearms and artillery, steam trains, etc. The big thing, though, is that a lot of the population has Talents -- psychic abilities of some sort. It's usually just one or two abilities, like the ability to teleport small objects, or communicate telepathically, or even make yourself practically unnoticeable. Because of these Talents, they do have near-instantaneous communications and a global communications network.

Another of the Earths hasn't progressed much past medieval Europe, in terms of technology... But that's because they make heavy use of magic. Magical hand grenades, dragons bred to be used for transport or for aerial assault, recon gryphons, cross-bow bolts that carry stunning spells, ships powered by magic... They also have "utility crystals" that function as a kind of magic Swiss Army knife, and "personal crystals" that are used the same as computers. They are even called PCs, and there are word-processing and translation "spellware" programs on them, and they can also be hacked. And the recon gryphons carry a kind of crystal that acts like a camera.

So both of these Earths discovered portals to other Earths, and started exploring and colonizing. The thing is, none of these other Earths they've found have been inhabited by humans. The worlds are all the same, so they know the layout and where the resources are located -- there's just no one there.

And that's where the third Earth I referenced comes into play. After decades of exploration of unoccupied Earths by one side, and centuries of exploration of unoccupied Earths by the other side, they run into each other.

And it doesn't go well for either side, leading to warfare.

So the books are exploring this conflict, both on the sharp end, and on the political side. I've rather enjoyed them... The name David Weber should also clue you in that this is military fiction as well as fantasy; it's not what I generally read, but I have liked the premise of these ones.

I finished this one yesterday. Not so much combat, as in the previous ones, and a lot more focus on politics and logistics. The logistics were interesting from the standpoint of what they were trying to accomplish (moving a lot of troops over 7000 miles of largely virgin landscape, in multiple universes, in very short amount of time). The politics -- well, I'm always more interested in the maneuverings behind the conflict, and why the conflict happens, as opposed to the conflict itself. It's part of why I loved Stackpole's BattleTech books - he didn't just throw Mechs at each other, he explored and built up the reasons that armed conflict was happening.

Having finished that one, I was finally able to get to Ex-Isle, the newest book in the zombie/superhero mashup series that I've been enjoying. I started that one this morn.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2016 :  15:56:04  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finished Ex-Isle, which I quite enjoyed -- though I was hoping one particular character would die, and he survived.

I was going to start reading United States of Japan, but it seems to be a kinda sequel to The Man in the High Castle -- so I'm reading that, first.

And nope, I did not see the show, though I am at least a little interested. Possibly moreso after reading the book.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 24 Apr 2016 15:56:46
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2016 :  21:31:52  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I was going to start reading United States of Japan, but it seems to be a kinda sequel to The Man in the High Castle -- so I'm reading that, first.

Having read all but the last 10 pages of The Man in the High Castle, I'm now inclined to say that United States of Japan isn't as much a sequel, as it is taking the same idea and running in a different direction with it. Both books have the US losing World War II and being conquered by Japan and Germany, though the first is set in the 60's and part of the US remains intact, and the other is set in the late 80's and about the only remnant of the US is some rumored underground cities in Colorado. The latter book doesn't really explain the how of the US losing, either, though it involved nukes and possibly mecha, as well.

The Man in the High Castle really isn't working for me. It's kinda bleak, which is something I've noticed in other Philip K Dick stuff. There is also a weird tendency for characters to not use articles or pronouns, when speaking. And the story kinda meanders -- there seem to be three concurrent plotlines going on, with the only connection being that that a character in one plotline knows a character in another. Other than that, the only unifying feature is an in-story novel that postulates a world where the US didn't lose WWII. It's when characters talk about this novel that you get details on how history diverges, starting with the assassination of FDR during his first term, and the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor actually succeeding.

The idea behind the book is interesting, but the story just doesn't work for me. I have some mild interest in seeing how things play out, but the characters don't interest me, and it's not the most engaging tale.

United States of Japan, being set further forward in time, does not worry so much about the history, and just gets into the story. I'm only a few chapters in, but I'm enjoying it a lot more than The Man in the High Castle.

I think the author of United States of Japan is something of an otaku (using that term in the American sense). The 1988 United States of Japan has mecha, cops with jet packs, electric cars, smart phones... It is mentioned that there's a lot of radiation lingering, particularly after the attacks on Oregon and Washington state, but otherwise there is next to no pollution.

And the military is involved in video games, to the point of there being a military academy for it. That's the main character's job -- he oversees one of the many groups that monitors video games and players to ferret out who is disloyal to the Emperor.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2016 :  05:03:19  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, The Man in the High Castle is the first book in a long time that I've considered to be a waste of perfectly good reading time. It just kinda stops, without any real resolution.

I'm not the kind of person to get rid of a book I spent good money on... But I'm tempted to break that rule, in this case.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2016 :  21:19:57  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Okay, The Man in the High Castle is the first book in a long time that I've considered to be a waste of perfectly good reading time. It just kinda stops, without any real resolution.

I'm not the kind of person to get rid of a book I spent good money on... But I'm tempted to break that rule, in this case.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2016 :  21:20:56  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well I tried watching the Amazon show and could only get through 15 minutes, so I'm not surprised in you view of the book

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2016 :  22:48:49  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will definitely not be seeing that show.

Go to Top of Page

Austin the Archmage
Seeker

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2016 :  00:35:48  Show Profile Send Austin the Archmage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just finished "Elminster: Making of a Mage". I got it over a year ago and read half of it, but put aside The Realms to focus on other things.

I thought it was all right. I liked some of the humorous phrasing written through out the book, and it's interesting to see what a varied career Elminster had before becoming a mage. I liked that the climax of the book has him gathering up his old allies to take back his throne. Certain scenes I feel happen too fast and could have used more detailed descriptions, although there are other parts of the book that I think kind of drag. Part of that is because of how long it takes to see El start learning arcane magic, and I was eager to see that.

I also have Elminster in Myth Drannor, because I wanted to see how Elminster become such a powerful mage. I also have Elminster in Hell, because I enjoy depictions of Hell and I like fiends as antagonists. I also wanted to see The Simbul tear Baator a new asshole. I'll get started on those next.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2016 :  01:18:18  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm currently reading one called Steal the Sky.

Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2016 :  19:42:25  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Reading through the City of Delights boxed set for the umpteenth time. I sure wish more Al-Qadim products were made.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2016 :  21:06:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just finished a book called Black Wolves.

I quite liked it, though I did have some quibbles -- mostly in that I didn't like the way the author handled the flashbacks. Most of them were two people talking, one says something referencing a past event, and then there's a flashback to that event. That approach has already struck me as a bit awkward...

A large part of the book focuses on a soldier named Kellas. There are three parts: Kellas as a young man serving King Anjihosh, then 22 years later when the Anjihosh's son is assassinated, and then 22 years after that.

Most of the action is in that last time period, and it is largely political. There are a lot of characters, and a fair number of them are caught in the middle of a bunch of different factions striving against each other. The factions include the king, both of his queens (all separate factions!), a religion gaining in prominence, and demons.

But they're not your D&D or even Christian-style demons -- they're the far Eastern type: supernatural beings that aren't necessarily evil or beholden to a higher power. These demons used to rule the Hundred, and did so with justice and wisdom, but became corrupted and were defeated.

One of the things that's enjoyable is the way you learn what's going on, and then you learn about what's really going on, and then you learn even more of the truth -- and a lot of what you learn contradicts the earlier stuff.

The setting is a land called the Hundred; it's got an Oriental feel without being obviously a repainted Japan or China.

It's a massive book, and it's obviously going to have at least one sequel... And I'll get it as soon as it comes out.

After all that and my other recent reads, I decided to take a break from fantasy and sci-fi... So I'm reading an old fave, The Hunt for Red October.

I've still got a lot of new stuff at the top of my reading list, but I'm thinking of sliding the Codex Alera or the kinda-sorta duology of 14 and The Fold into there.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 24 May 2016 21:34:45
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2016 :  04:04:16  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've started reading and re-reading some FR novels - some I read many years ago, some I've never read before. I started with Elaine's Song & Swords books because they are old favorites and then moved into the Waterdeep series. For the most part I liked the EdG Presents books, mostly because they explored areas of Waterdeep usually overlooked, but the Circle of Skulls book did not seem to fit at all to me. Like it could easily have been written for any other location then had the name of Waterdeep, the wards and the officer ranks just added in at the editing stage. Really an awkward fit if you ask me.

No I'm onto reading the Shadow of the Avatar books again, currently in book 2. I forgot how much magic was packed into them.
Go to Top of Page

Cyric78
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2016 :  19:09:22  Show Profile Send Cyric78 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I picked up The Orc King recently. So far I'm 3/4th away from finishing the book... There are certain aspects I find kind of monotonous.. It's probably why it's taken me 8 years of off and on reading to struggle through... ;

I'm focusing on reading through the Drizzt books, no matter how painful it may be to get through.. The reason for this is because of hearing the recent news regarding the MMO, Neverwinter, finally coming to the PS4 this summer..

I'd like to finish all Neverwinter books by the time the game is released on PS4..
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000