Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Post-Spellplague game (Dungeons of Drakkenheim)?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dead
Acolyte

22 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2024 :  00:25:50  Show Profile Send dead a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I’ve been wanting to run a post-apocalyptic game shortly after the Spellplague for a long time now.

I was wondering if there’s any 3rd party adventures that wouldn’t involve too much work swapping over to a Spellplague-ravaged Realms.

I came across Dungeons of Drakkenheim and was wondering if that could used. The premise behind Drakkenheim is that it is a city that was hit with a meteor infused with otherworldly magic. This results in both a magical Haze over the city and a debris field of strange crystals called Delirium. Both the Haze and Delirium can cause “eldritch contamination” resulting in mutation.

So perhaps, instead of the meteor, I could say Drakkenheim was hit by the Blue Fire of the Spellplague that has created the Haze and also “crystallised” in some areas to form the Delirium crystal.

In FR lore, I know the Blue Fire could cause spellscars, could it cause “Chaos-like” mutations in people or is this a bit too Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay/Lovecraftian in feel?

Does anyone own Dungeons of Drakkenheim? If so, what are your thoughts?

Are there any other adventures anyone can think of for a post-Spellplague game?

Thank you

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2024 :  01:59:44  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well just took a crash course about the game. It appears in some ways Ravenloftish based on what is written, "you can try to be good" "dangerous to survive", they also indicate it has an area of effect that has many cities, not sure where you would put in in the Realms because of size. It is presented as 5th Edition third party adventure and should be playable under those rules with little problem and the DM accepts the custom rules needed for the new spells and effects.

Clearly not the type of play I would run, however clearly there are areas of the realms that could be placed. Rules should not be that hard to make the adventure 3rg Edition playable.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

dead
Acolyte

22 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2024 :  10:47:00  Show Profile Send dead a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

Well just took a crash course about the game. It appears in some ways Ravenloftish based on what is written...

Well, that's the thing. I wasn't sure if the whole mutations idea - gaining tentacles or horns or eyes growing out of your belly - was the right flavour for Spellplague effects. I know the Spellplague caused things to be mutable and chaotic but I'm not sure if it was so Chaos-like (Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay)/Lovecraftian in nature. That's more the purview of the Far Realm, I think.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000