Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Political Situation of the Pirate Isles in 1370 DR
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Trumm
Acolyte

12 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2024 :  12:28:36  Show Profile Send Trumm a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I wondered, if there is any official information on the political situation of the Pirate Isles in 1370 DR (after the Twelfth Seros War).

I know that the events from the "Threat from the Sea" bring some changes to the power structure, but im currently yet to finish the
first novel.

As far as I know, Vurgrom defeated Gasteban and had Teldar flee into exile in 1363 DR, but will in turn be defeated (killed?) by Jherek Wolf's-get,
while Azla acts as some sort of ally for Jherek and his companions.

As my PCs have just sailed out into the Sea of fallen stars towards the Pirate Isles (in late 1370), I'd like to get a feel for the current situation:
Did the pirate suffer heavy losses in Vurgroms defeat?
Is there a power vacuum?
Do the events from the novels make Azla a contender for the title of Pirate Lord?
Might Teldar return from exile?

Any insights and suggestions would be very welcome.

Cheers
Trumm

TBeholder
Great Reader

2399 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2024 :  23:15:43  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Isn't Sea of Fallen Stars at 1370-1371 DR? No idea when Operation Manta Ray is supposed to happen.
Either way, consider various priests as another layer of this mess. Awe for Umberlee worn out in mere years, but...

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

Trumm
Acolyte

12 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2024 :  07:49:59  Show Profile Send Trumm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot for the hint! Yes, Sea of Fallen Stars is set in 1370-1371 DR.

There isn't much information on the Pirate Isles and most of it doubles with the lore in Pirates of the Fallen Stars (1359 DR),
but I could find the following on the current situation:

- The pirate fleets lost more than a third of their ships in a great whirpool in Uktar 1369 DR (I assume that this is connected to Iakhovas and the Twelfth Seros War)
- More than 25 ships of Vurgroms fleet where dragged down by a (probably the same) whirlpool. Vurgrom was defeated and is no longer in charge of Mirg Isle.
It is whispered, that Xenz has taken control of the isle.
- Azla and here flagship the Azure Dagger also fell victim to the great whirlpool, her followers fight to claim her succession.

All in all, the pirates seem to have lost huge parts of their fleets and there seems to be a power vacuum. None of the prominent captains mentioned in
Pirates of the the Fallen Stars seems to be present any more.

I definitely plan to run Operation Manta Ray. In the near future the party will run into the sister of one of the PCs who has turned pirate captain, but is
actually a member of the Silver Ravens, spying for Sembia.
The same PC is a priest of Valkur, thus your point about the involvement of priests and the current crisis of umberlant faith sounds very promising too.

Thanks a lot!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000