Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Help please
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Valdar Oakensong
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2004 :  15:16:20  Show Profile Send Valdar Oakensong a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Can anyone please help me in my quest to gather all the FR and D+D comics. I have spent the last 6 months trying to complete my collection and only need The Forbidden Sands Of Anauroch part 2 and AD+D issue 33. There is nowhere in the UK that I can find, so any scribes in the US know of any comic book stores that ship over here.
Thank you very much.

Guns don't kill people, magic missiles do.

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2004 :  15:43:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Valdar Oakensong

Can anyone please help me in my quest to gather all the FR and D+D comics. I have spent the last 6 months trying to complete my collection and only need The Forbidden Sands Of Anauroch part 2 and AD+D issue 33. There is nowhere in the UK that I can find, so any scribes in the US know of any comic book stores that ship over here.
Thank you very much.

I see the comics pop up rather frequently on eBay, so you could try there...

I was lucky. I had those comics but traded them in. Later, that comic store went under and sold off all the stock for real cheap, so I got the entire collection back.

Another experience: I needed exactly two comics to have the entire run of the Oh! My Goddess! comics. I looked all over the place, and couldn't find them... Finally someone in Australia put his collection up on eBay, and it included those two issues. Shipping was surprisingly reasonable.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Valdar Oakensong
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2004 :  22:07:33  Show Profile Send Valdar Oakensong a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I try ebay a couple of times a week but nothing seems to come up, I might try searching a bit differently. Thanks

Guns don't kill people, magic missiles do.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2004 :  22:42:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Valdar Oakensong

I try ebay a couple of times a week but nothing seems to come up, I might try searching a bit differently. Thanks

Persistence counts. It took me two years of checking eBay every day before I was able to get all 8 issues of AI Toma, a manga that's not really all that old...

And then, of course, as soon as I got all 8, the first of the TokyoPop translations came out.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2004 :  22:59:09  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Persistence counts. It took me two years of checking eBay every day before I was able to get all 8 issues of AI Toma, a manga that's not really all that old...

Two years? I thought I was obsessive. That's a good trait to have IMNSHO.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000