Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Greater Kiira
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nelapsi
Acolyte

6 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2004 :  12:54:29  Show Profile  Visit Nelapsi's Homepage Send Nelapsi a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have looked thru perhaps every piece of 3e material, either official sources or fan based offerings and have yet to find anyone who has pieced together the abilities of a greater kiira (Not the ones from MoF, those are lesser). I noticed 2 mentions here however nothing direct, I was wondering if someone has already done it and willing to share this piece of Elven lore.

Thank you.

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  00:16:43  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nelapsi

I have looked thru perhaps every piece of 3e material, either official sources or fan based offerings and have yet to find anyone who has pieced together the abilities of a greater kiira (Not the ones from MoF, those are lesser). I noticed 2 mentions here however nothing direct, I was wondering if someone has already done it and willing to share this piece of Elven lore.

Thank you.

So far as I know, they've not been discussed or detailed in 3E; I wrote up the greater kiira info in Cormanthyr (Or was it Fall of Myth Drannor? Don't remember) so all the info you have on them is strictly 2E (not that it really changes the info much....)

Steven Schend
Who knows far less about 3E Realms than the previous two......but still thinks the Realms endures, no matter what lens through which you see it.....and now he wonders if he should rework a home campaign and run the Realms with old Marvel Super-Heroes rules....

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  06:18:00  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've ruled that they give you +2 to all Knowledge checks (like the regular Kiira), but that you can also make any Knowledge check untrained (so someone with a high Int but a low amount of skill points can really benefit from them... someone like a wizard! ;)

I've ruled that they can also store up to 123 spells in them.
Go to Top of Page

Nelapsi
Acolyte

6 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  14:33:22  Show Profile  Visit Nelapsi's Homepage Send Nelapsi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your replies, I have the 2e material concerning the items and going thru it in detail in attempt to creating 3e like items. Should be done with a rough draft in a day or so and will post here for people to give some comments.
One major change I have already made is I am not giving a static bonus to any skill, it will be based off the Int checks when the item is initially worn as stated in the 2e material. The limit of it will be based off the deepness of the color (aka: The number of minds it has melded with).
Anyway, I will be sure to post what I come up with for people to comment.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000