Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 A forest with an elven temple ...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2002 :  23:04:20  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I am currently rewritng some my old adventures from old D&D, to Forgotten realms locations. So my question is, is there a good location for an elven temple, haunted by a "Lady of the forest". Pref a big forest.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2002 :  05:42:22  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As a matter of fact, the EXACT same thing occurred in a campaign I was in.....

We had it set in the Moonwood, because of its strangeness and how different it is from any forest on the planet.....anything can happen there, and the place seems almost like pure magical energy in tree form.....

Wow...good times....

For info on the Moonwood, look it up in the Forgotten Realms Handbook for 3rd ed.....if you don't have it, I'll be happy to give you some info on it if you'll post a request here for me.....

Luck...

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2002 :  12:50:22  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That would bee good, since I have only walked the streets of Amn previous of coming to candelkeep.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2002 :  07:55:26  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
<looks up from scroll on 'shipment planning'>

Arion and Hymn, if you're looking that information on the Moonwood, you might also want to check the Silver Marches tome if you can put your hands on it. It contains more detail on the area.

<wonders how a scroll of 'shipment planning' and 'J.I.T.' concepts ended up in Candlekeep...>
Go to Top of Page

Captain Louis
Acolyte

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2002 :  05:16:42  Show Profile  Visit Captain Louis's Homepage Send Captain Louis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any ancient wood would do well. The Wood of Sharp Teeth has been hinted as to having a mythicall elven realm, so it would be a great spot. Also, the wood is filled with vicious fey and dire beasts, so it would be a dangerous, fun adventure.

Ow, I cut my lip!
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2002 :  21:13:22  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thnx I add it to my "woods of tree list"

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000