Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Steven Schend
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 57

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2005 :  02:59:52  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Steven,

Want to tell you, excellent work of the Lands of Intrigue Box Set. Finally got my hands on it through the magic of Ebay. I know it can be downloaded, but I much prefer the real thing.

Wanted to ask you about pg. 70, entry for Nyadnar. It says (N "ef"/dragon "W?"). I think this is an error, but I was just wondering if you could hook me up with the answer.

Thanks!!

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2005 :  04:10:31  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

Steven,

Want to tell you, excellent work of the Lands of Intrigue Box Set. Finally got my hands on it through the magic of Ebay. I know it can be downloaded, but I much prefer the real thing.

Wanted to ask you about pg. 70, entry for Nyadnar. It says (N "ef"/dragon "W?"). I think this is an error, but I was just wondering if you could hook me up with the answer.

Thanks!!

C-Fb

Thanks for your kind words.

You'll need to give me a little more context for Nyadnar before I can give you a definitive answer, as I'm only getting the itch that I know what you're talking about there.... Bear with me, as I created more than a hundred characters or so in that boxed set, so they blur (yes, even those with dragon attached to them....)

Hopefully I'll be back by Sunday to answer this....

SES

PS: Immediate best guess--she's a half-dragon of the silver variety, as they mate with elves...and she's a wizard of some levels. Now, whether or not she's related to the half-silver dragon ranger Lord Tammsel of Erlkazar is another matter entirely....

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2005 :  04:23:34  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Melfius

Well, to get things back on track, a question for Steven:

Can you give us an example your 'dream' gaming group? Doesn't matter if they're alive, dead, undead, immortal, real, imaginary, or in varying states of decay.

That's easy enough, I suppose....and keep it real.

Ed's the gamemaster, without question.
Fellow players: Eric Boyd, Paul Kemp, Jeff Grubb, George Krashos, the Hooded One (because she deserves to have us all to herself), and Bryon Wischstadt.

Real people, all alive, half of whom I've gamed with in the past or conversed with about same. And I'm sure it'd be a helluva game.

If we're talking mind-blowing acting/role-playing with people whose ability to transcend characters, here's my list of those living I'd love to see step into one of my shared worlds: Ian McKellan, Brendan Fraser, Viggo Mortenson, Kate Blanchett, Juliana Marguiles, Emma Thomsen, Kate Winslet, and Maureen O'Hara. And why yes, I do game with more women in my fantasies. Go figger...

Among the dead, I'd love to see more characterizations out of the Hepburns Audrey and Katharine, Richard Harris, Burt Lancaster, Errol Flynn, Basil Rathbone, and Carole Lombard.

That answer the question, Melfius?

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2005 :  06:12:54  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend
[brThat's easy enough, I suppose....and keep it real.

Ed's the gamemaster, without question.
Fellow players: Eric Boyd, Paul Kemp, Jeff Grubb, George Krashos, the Hooded One (because she deserves to have us all to herself), and Bryon Wischstadt.

Well as someone who hasn't gamed since their early university years, and is the only 'unpublished one' in the line-up - of those whose identities are known: THO may very well be published for all we know - I'm rather humbled. I really should try and crank out some DRAGON articles and see what floats ...

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2005 :  09:50:07  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Steven, I finally got my hands on lands of intrigue yesterday, and it`s really good. Where can I find information about Tethyr, Amn and Maztkikha(I can`t pronounce it) after 1370 dr?

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2005 :  14:54:20  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by khorne

Steven, I finally got my hands on lands of intrigue yesterday, and it`s really good. Where can I find information about Tethyr, Amn and Maztkikha(I can`t pronounce it) after 1370 dr?

Maztica is that hard to spell/pronounce?

As to your question, the Lands of Intrigues have been pretty much abandonded since after the publication of LoI, except for the blurb in the FRCS and I also believe the adventure-module Castle Spulzeer is set after or during the boxed set's "now."

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Iakhovas
Acolyte

Germany
13 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2005 :  13:49:10  Show Profile  Visit Iakhovas's Homepage Send Iakhovas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Working away on the revisions for BLACKSTAFF....and figured I'd drop a query here....

As I'm tinkering and adjusting who really needs to be in the book, chime in here and tell me:
Quote from Steven Schend:
Who among the related NPCs linked to Khelben do you most want to see/expect to see in that story? (Bear in mind this excludes the obvious ones of his wife and probably her fellow Chosen. I was wondering if you all expected a parade of ex-apprentices or new people...)

You're going to find out a lot more about Blackstaff Tower. Just what do you need to know that you don't already? And do you expect a full accounting of all apprentices currently therein?

Just figured I'd ask those with some expectations about this book, if only so I can try and fulfill them.....

Hello Mr. Schend. I have just found out today after reading your entire interactive thread that Aznar Thrul was Kehlben's apprentice. This is a shock to me. Very disturbing lore news indeed!

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely.... absolutely LOVE this bit of lore. So in answer to your query above, I am BEGGING you to give this zulkir a BIG part in your upcoming Blackstaff novel. Indeed, I would grovel at your feet, cook all your dinner for the entire time it takes you to write the book, be your housekeeper, and even take out your garbage.... if I could.... just so you include Aznar Thrul.

I realize there are a few novels featuring Red Wizards out there, mostly making them look like stupid, bumbling, over-confident fools (who just coincidentally possess wizardly powers) and so far, the only time I truly liked how a Red Wizard's character was described by Ed Greenwood in Elminster's Daughter. Unfortunately, that Red Wizard was only a cameo.

So I will keep my fingers crossed that perhaps you grant me my wish. *grins*
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2005 :  20:40:00  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

quote:
Originally posted by khorne

Maztica is that hard to spell/pronounce?

As to your question, the Lands of Intrigues have been pretty much abandonded since after the publication of LoI, except for the blurb in the FRCS and I also believe the adventure-module Castle Spulzeer is set after or during the boxed set's "now."

Answer the first: Probably the best place to ask / look for info on that area would be here. Or in Jess Lebow's Master of Chains (which uses Erlkazar).

Answer the second: The events of the Castle Spulzeer module actually take place before the LOI Boxed set, which is why the castle ruins ain't there no more.

SES

Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2005 :  01:39:08  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, that answers my question quite well, though I'm not the least bit surprised about having Ed be DM. I would choose the same!

Melfius, Pixie-Priest of Puck - Head Chef, The Faerie Kitchen, Candlekeep Inn
"What's in his pockets, besides me?"
Read a tale of my earlier days! - Happiness Comes in Small Packages
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2005 :  13:25:17  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another note to pass along to the WotC Boards, please....

Fey'ri History and background can be found in pieces in ELMINSTER IN MYTH DRANNOR, CORMANTHYR: Empire of Elves, FALL OF MYTH DRANNOR (I think there's hints about Dlardrageth stuff in here, or at least battles around their property in Cormanthor), CLOAK & DAGGER, LORDS OF DARKNESS, LOST EMPIRES OF FAERUN.

In effect, look for elven history and you'll find some hints on them.

SES

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2005 :  14:40:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've got it binked for you Steven .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2005 :  18:30:02  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Danke shoen, mein freund.

SES
And before anyone asks, no I don't speak German. Learned all my Deutsch from comic books, so German speakers either look like Nazis or Nightcrawler, alas...

Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2005 :  00:39:16  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a question about City of Splendors:Campaign Guide, (2E) p. 115 (area 13 description: "Eenie-Meenie-Minie-Mo")

quote:
"When the central lever is pulled, a glowing dagger +1 appears. It radiates a dweomer, but is made of wood and does no damage."
Does this mean that the dagger is a genuinely dangerous weapon which doesn't harm the person who pulls the lever when it appears (as the coinfall does) or that -- despite its dweomer -- the dagger is a practice weapon at best and mostly useless in combat?

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2005 :  01:18:45  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

I have a question about City of Splendors:Campaign Guide, (2E) p. 115 (area 13 description: "Eenie-Meenie-Minie-Mo")

quote:
"When the central lever is pulled, a glowing dagger +1 appears. It radiates a dweomer, but is made of wood and does no damage."
Does this mean that the dagger is a genuinely dangerous weapon which doesn't harm the person who pulls the lever when it appears (as the coinfall does) or that -- despite its dweomer -- the dagger is a practice weapon at best and mostly useless in combat?

Gods, I don't know.....
<grabs his Helm of Obfuscation/Clarification>

I'm guessing this is in the Blue Alley? Let's treat that as a typo/snafu and go with this: Yes, it's a practice weapon made of wood. The dweomer on it is +1 in terms of creatures it can affect, though it adds nothing to your attack roll. The magic primarily allows you to hit undead and also it keeps the wood from chipping or wearing away (making it about as good as a normal metal dagger) under any distress less than DC 16 break? How's that sound?

SES

Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2005 :  00:59:27  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Gods, I don't know.....
<grabs his Helm of Obfuscation/Clarification>

I'm guessing this is in the Blue Alley? Let's treat that as a typo/snafu and go with this: Yes, it's a practice weapon made of wood. The dweomer on it is +1 in terms of creatures it can affect, though it adds nothing to your attack roll. The magic primarily allows you to hit undead and also it keeps the wood from chipping or wearing away (making it about as good as a normal metal dagger) under any distress less than DC 16 break? How's that sound?

SES

Sounds great!

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

Spidroth esq.
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2005 :  22:47:58  Show Profile  Visit Spidroth esq.'s Homepage Send Spidroth esq. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Steven,

I am interested in learning more of Myth Iiscar, about city, its inhabitants, and its mythal, and have found very few resources that mention it.

Cormanthyr - Empire of the Elves mentions it very briefly:

"Possibilities include making a city and all its inhabitants within the mythal fly (the fallen city of Myth Iiscar on the isle of Lantan)..."

And Magic of Faerûn adds a bit more detail, but not much in the way of new information:

"Myth Iiscar: Little is known about this mythal city except that it was built on the isle of Lantan, allowed its inhabitants to fly, and was destroyed at some point. The Lantanese don't reveal any hints about its location, so they either don't know or are good at keeping secrets."

Since you had a hand in writing the Cormanthyr, might you have any lore to share on this ancient city on Lantan?
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2005 :  22:56:16  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah Steven. To paraphrase the character Chet from the film "Weird Science": Make some @#$% up!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2005 :  05:28:44  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Yeah Steven. To paraphrase the character Chet from the film "Weird Science": Make some @#$% up!

-- George Krashos

STOP telling them my secret, George!

Man, Weird Science.....what a nostalgia rush....and one of the few times I actually liked one of Val Kilmer's characters. Yeah, they're usually well-done, but very few of them I'd want to have a beer with, right? (Have to admit, though, for all its other flaws, pegging Kilmer to play a believable Bruce Wayne (if not Batman) worked for me. Then again, I said the same about Clooney, who takes too much blame for the crap I solely blame Joel Shumacher for....).

And now, thanks to George and the Weird Science reference, I've a real yen for some hot popcorn right now.

Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2005 :  07:02:35  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are thinking of Real Genius. A great movie indeed. Very quotable.

Weird Science was the one with Anthony Michael Hall and Kelly LeBrock. About two high-school nerds that try to create the perfect woman and end up with a sort of cyber-genie.

"In the immortal words of Socrates... I drank what!?"
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2005 :  02:05:34  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

A little question to the author of Lands of Intrigue..

In the description of Nemessor island, it is said that some tunnels reach the flooded caverns beneath the Cloister of St-Ramedar..

Looking at the FR Interactive Atlas, I measured over 300 miles between the island and the cloister !?

My player's will soon enough be asked to "rescue" a very secret prisonner there and those tunnels could interest them, but.. these huge undersea tunnels bugs me a little bit..

Can you tell me something more about it ?

Edited by - Skeptic on 25 Sep 2005 02:06:07
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2005 :  15:24:25  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

Hi,

A little question to the author of Lands of Intrigue..

In the description of Nemessor island, it is said that some tunnels reach the flooded caverns beneath the Cloister of St-Ramedar..

Looking at the FR Interactive Atlas, I measured over 300 miles between the island and the cloister !?

My player's will soon enough be asked to "rescue" a very secret prisonner there and those tunnels could interest them, but.. these huge undersea tunnels bugs me a little bit..

Can you tell me something more about it ?

Not really, as I've not given them a thought in ages.

Tell me what bugs you about them and we'll collectively come up with something that works for all concerned.

As I recall, the main reason I put tunnels among the islands and the mainland was to (A) remind folks that islands don't float out there but are partially submerged mountains; (B) provide ways for folks to get out to the islands without having to get on a boat; and (C) well, every prison's got to have an escape route.

Now whether or not the tunnels are natural, carved out by an escapee, or exist from a time previous to the monks taking residence here is an open discussion. As is whether or not the monks know at all about the tunnels....

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2005 :  15:37:07  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spidroth esq.

Steven,

I am interested in learning more of Myth Iiscar, about city, its inhabitants, and its mythal, and have found very few resources that mention it.

Cormanthyr - Empire of the Elves mentions it very briefly:

"Possibilities include making a city and all its inhabitants within the mythal fly (the fallen city of Myth Iiscar on the isle of Lantan)..."

And Magic of Faerûn adds a bit more detail, but not much in the way of new information:

"Myth Iiscar: Little is known about this mythal city except that it was built on the isle of Lantan, allowed its inhabitants to fly, and was destroyed at some point. The Lantanese don't reveal any hints about its location, so they either don't know or are good at keeping secrets."

Since you had a hand in writing the Cormanthyr, might you have any lore to share on this ancient city on Lantan?

About all I could say on Myth Iiscar is this (as I tend, like Jeff Grubb, to drop hints about Lantan's magical prowess but then scamper off, leaving Ed to explain it all, as it's his fable island of magics):

The mythal was put in place long before Netheril's rise.

It was hinted and fabled in some sources (which some scholars argue are apocryphal, while others embrace them wholeheartedly) that the Netherese patterned their sky cities and mythallar ideas upon Myth Iiscar and its flying legions.

The city fell due to the disruption of the Weave upon Karsus' Folly.

Beyond that, I've no immediate ideas. Bear in mind that often the mythal cities are little more than one sentence grace notes to accentuate far-flung pockets of the Realms and they're left for GMs to develop. As I only found notes referring me back to a clause in Cormanthyr, Myth Iiscar doesn't have more lore on it as far as I know.

So let's discuss and generate more, hm?

Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2005 :  15:46:41  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In fact, I should have asked, when you wrote it, how did you picture them in your head.. as a single human (miner/magic) tunnel or some natural caverns with many caves (rooms) connected by different tunnels...

I'm just trying to see how I'll run it, like a huge dungeon or like a "wilderness trip on a difficult trail"..

Another question, this time for the City of Splendors author ;)

My current campaign is based on the return of the Shadow thieves to Waterdeep (the PCs are working as unofficial agents for Marune) and I'm planing the final showdown.. the vile necromencer will ask them to get Lhestyn’s corpse (and maybe soul?).. So I'm looking to any info about Lhestyn that didn't make his way in some product...

I know you given her last name in the Lhestyn’s Court article.. but I would like to know her patron deity, how exactly she was killed, etc..etc..

Sorry if your not the "reference" for the Masked Lady ;)

Edited by - Skeptic on 25 Sep 2005 15:48:07
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2005 :  16:07:58  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

In fact, I should have asked, when you wrote it, how did you picture them in your head.. as a single human (miner/magic) tunnel or some natural caverns with many caves (rooms) connected by different tunnels...

I'm just trying to see how I'll run it, like a huge dungeon or like a "wilderness trip on a difficult trail"..

Another question, this time for the City of Splendors author ;)

My current campaign is based on the return of the Shadow thieves to Waterdeep (the PCs are working as unofficial agents for Marune) and I'm planing the final showdown.. the vile necromencer will ask them to get Lhestyn’s corpse (and maybe soul?).. So I'm looking to any info about Lhestyn that didn't make his way in some product...

I know you given her last name in the Lhestyn’s Court article.. but I would like to know her patron deity, how exactly she was killed, etc..etc..

Sorry if your not the "reference" for the Masked Lady ;)

Re: the tunnels...why not make it both? Could be that it is a one-man escape tunnel for at least 400 yards or so connecting to the Cloisters, and he (by utter happenstance) hooked up with the natural caverns underneath? That way you get both feels/types....

Alternately, the reason the tunnels are flooded could be due to a later escape attempt that didn't want to go out under the ocean--they tried to go inland but tapped into other submerged caverns and seacaves that then flooded the original tunnels to a degree, hiding the entrance.

Third option--this area, like one of the other cloisters/abbeys, has a brass dragon working with them in some capacity and this submerged tunnel is his/her way into the Cloister....

RE: Lhestyn....
Ed or Eric might have a better answer for this, but here's my take on it (and you can cherry-pick the answer you like best): Her corpse is beyond any reach, as she was cremated and her ashes were scattered into both the harbor and onto the mountain. Her soul, on the other hand, should also be beyond reach.

HOWEVER....there's a Nykkarran mourninglobe out there that someone made for her husband. It holds a lot of folks' memories of her in it, giving someone who touches the rose quartz globe the sense of having met her. (Yes, for those X-Men fans out there, it's the empathic crystal Jean Grey's parents got the first time she died). The Shadow Thieves have it, but what they can do with it is unknown.... For more on the mourninglobes, you'll just have to wait until next July....

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2005 :  01:51:25  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

HOWEVER....there's a Nykkarran mourninglobe out there that someone made for her husband. It holds a lot of folks' memories of her in it, giving someone who touches the rose quartz globe the sense of having met her. (Yes, for those X-Men fans out there, it's the empathic crystal Jean Grey's parents got the first time she died). The Shadow Thieves have it, but what they can do with it is unknown.... For more on the mourninglobes, you'll just have to wait until next July....
Again with the teasing... .

Oh Steven, you definitely are a master of suspense when it comes to divulging tidbits of Realmslore.

With regard to the Shadow Thieves though... do they have any other significant mourninglobes in their possession? This is an angle I'd like to play up in a campaign at some future point.

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2005 :  02:15:39  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, tis good to see another that so highly draws inspiration from the comics page . . . makes me feel like less of an . . . anomaly . . .
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2005 :  04:35:21  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're certainly not an anomay KnightErrantJR...

That ranking is only reserved for X-Men fans who can actually recall with a fair degree of clarity, the very first time Marvel Girl died.

Ah yes, I remember it well .

::oops::

Edited by - The Sage on 26 Sep 2005 04:39:14
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2005 :  06:26:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

You're certainly not an anomay KnightErrantJR...

That ranking is only reserved for X-Men fans who can actually recall with a fair degree of clarity, the very first time Marvel Girl died.

Ah yes, I remember it well .

::oops::

Bah! Because of Marvel's Revolving Pearly Gates, it's hard to keep track of any character's deaths...

I think that somewhere Nain Keenwhistler is described as having died and come back so many times that his hair has turned permanently white. He'd fit into the Marvel universe.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2005 :  07:58:11  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Ah, tis good to see another that so highly draws inspiration from the comics page . . . makes me feel like less of an . . . anomaly . . .

I read some Marvel comics, but manga is my greatest passion. So you`re not alone, Knight.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2005 :  13:13:08  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Again with the teasing... .

Oh Steven, you definitely are a master of suspense when it comes to divulging tidbits of Realmslore.

With regard to the Shadow Thieves though... do they have any other significant mourninglobes in their possession? This is an angle I'd like to play up in a campaign at some future point.

Just the one, and it's unknown what good it does them other than having something precious to keep from Lhestyn's heirs. The main reason the necroppar of Nykkar stopped making mourninglobes was a penchant by fallen Shoon courtiers after the Imperium's collapse to magically booby-trap the globes to mind-rape wizards and others trying to use them.

And no, the Shadow Thieves don't know about that kind of lore... For that matter, they may not even know more about it other than Khelben has been looking for this for 40+ years....

SES

Edited by - Steven Schend on 26 Sep 2005 13:16:05
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 57 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000