Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Harpers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2005 :  18:00:01  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lysander

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

quote:
Ah, but how many of Those Who Harp truly play the harp?

You force my hand to explain why Khelben really left the Harpers and formed the Moonstars--

He can't play the harp, but he did fall in love with kazoos from his first trip to Earth!

Somehow, I just can't quite imagine Khelben playing a kazoo... But I can imagine Danilo annoying him with one!

Bagpipes, perhaps? ;)

Nah - there are lines even Khelben won't cross!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2005 :  21:21:59  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lysander

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

quote:
Ah, but how many of Those Who Harp truly play the harp?

You force my hand to explain why Khelben really left the Harpers and formed the Moonstars--

He can't play the harp, but he did fall in love with kazoos from his first trip to Earth!

Somehow, I just can't quite imagine Khelben playing a kazoo... But I can imagine Danilo annoying him with one!

Bagpipes, perhaps? ;)

Nah - there are lines even Khelben won't cross!

Danilo on the other hand...

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

silvermage
Seeker

77 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2005 :  11:19:03  Show Profile  Visit silvermage's Homepage Send silvermage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I heard that the Harpers have court on their own, is it true? And can I know where is such court based(on Faerun)?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2005 :  15:10:26  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by silvermage

I heard that the Harpers have court on their own, is it true? And can I know where is such court based(on Faerun)?

Are you talking about the main Harper HQ?

If so, the Harpers of Berdusk hold court in Twilight Hall. The Harpers of Shadowdale on the other hand reside in... Shadowdale . There are smaller, but also just as important, Harper haunts -- namely Harper Hall in Silverymoon, Moongleam Tower in Everlund, and the House of the Harp in Elventree.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2005 :  15:12:10  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If by court you mean a place to mete out justice amongst themselves, then we have one example of that taking place in Shadowdale (Song of the Saurials), if you mean a house with a large gathering hall, then it'd probably be Twilight Hall in Berdusk, where one of the organization's leading members, Cylyria Dragonbreast rule.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2005 :  17:16:12  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe that when they gathered a tribunal because of Khelben's actions, they did that at Twilight Hall.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2005 :  19:21:58  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I believe that when they gathered a tribunal because of Khelben's actions, they did that at Twilight Hall.

Yes, Cloak & Dagger page 14 confirms that location for those wishing to read more.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000