Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Authors upcoming FR novels
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2005 :  03:10:46  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Braveheart

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa Smedman

The first book is scheduled for release in February 2006.

Blast it. So I should read the last two books of WotSQ before February 2006, shouldn't I? ;-)

That's just what I was thinking. I'm behind by four books.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2005 :  03:16:24  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You'd better catch up! The third book is one of the best. Wait until you see the epic battles - good stuff.

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2005 :  03:20:03  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

You'd better catch up! The third book is one of the best. Wait until you see the epic battles - good stuff.

C-Fb

I believe you. :) I haven't caught up yet because at some point I just got tired of drow. WotC even had a "Year of the Drow" marketing campaign.

After I read some of the newer books and some old ones sitting around, I'll dig back into this series.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

Lisa Smedman
Forgotten Realms Author

12 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2005 :  04:37:52  Show Profile  Visit Lisa Smedman's Homepage Send Lisa Smedman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
I just realized my last post contained a typo! Book 1 of my next trilogy (the one about Halisstra and the drow) will be released in February 2007, not 2006. (Sorry.) Guess that gives you all a bit more time to catch up on your reading. ;-)
Lisa
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2005 :  05:34:35  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi all,
I just realized my last post contained a typo! Book 1 of my next trilogy (the one about Halisstra and the drow) will be released in February 2007, not 2006. (Sorry.) Guess that gives you all a bit more time to catch up on your reading. ;-)
Lisa

That's splendid news--thank you Lisa.

Go to Top of Page

Braveheart
Learned Scribe

Austria
159 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2005 :  13:20:05  Show Profile  Visit Braveheart's Homepage Send Braveheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Lisa for the news :)

@C-Fb I've already read the first four books of the series, but since Resurrection isn't out in paperback yet I sort of postponed reading the final. ;)

Jarlaxle: "Do keep ever present in your thoughts, my friend, that an illusion can kill you if you believe in it."
Entreri: "And the real thing can kill you whether you believe in it or not."
Go to Top of Page

Beezy
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2005 :  20:44:01  Show Profile  Visit Beezy's Homepage Send Beezy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am also eagerly awaiting the final book in paperback, anyone know the release date?
Go to Top of Page

Braveheart
Learned Scribe

Austria
159 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2005 :  09:01:42  Show Profile  Visit Braveheart's Homepage Send Braveheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to Amazon.de it's February 2006.

Jarlaxle: "Do keep ever present in your thoughts, my friend, that an illusion can kill you if you believe in it."
Entreri: "And the real thing can kill you whether you believe in it or not."
Go to Top of Page

Beezy
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  20:53:13  Show Profile  Visit Beezy's Homepage Send Beezy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was hoping it would be closer to my birthday so I could just get someone to buy it for me haha
Go to Top of Page

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2005 :  03:57:22  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello-

Ironically - I was off work today - but stopped in - and saw that the 1st book of the watercourse trilogy had arrived. :)

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!
Go to Top of Page

Cutter the Swift
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2005 :  15:37:19  Show Profile  Visit Cutter the Swift's Homepage Send Cutter the Swift a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

I heard there was another Drizzt trilogy in the works after Promise of the Witch King (Which doesnt feature Drizzt)

According to Bob at his website, the final 2 books in the SellSwords Trilogy featuring JarlAxle and Entreri will be his next releases. Titles would be "Promise of the Witch King" and "Road of the Patriarch".

Following that, a new series featuring Drizzt and the companions of the Hall will begin sometime in 2007. He did mention the possibility of a short story for the anthologies (Realms of Elves perhaps?).

Hope this helps..
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2005 :  16:11:57  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cutter the Swift

He did mention the possibility of a short story for the anthologies (Realms of Elves perhaps?).

Bob does indeed have a story in RoE, which involves the drow who:

(Tiny Two Swords SPOILER)

made off with Cattie-brie's sword

Though he does claim to favor writing novels over short stories. ;)

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

ejm2000
Acolyte

Poland
4 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2006 :  14:53:19  Show Profile  Visit ejm2000's Homepage Send ejm2000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hello all,
Here's an update on my next project. It's going to be a trilogy (titles yet to be hashed out) that focuses on the drow. Specifically, on Hallistra of the War of the Spider Queen series. It's going to continue one of the threads from that series, and should be a blast to write. The first book is scheduled for release in February 2006.
And that's all I'm allowed to say!
Lisa Smedman

[SPOILER]

Great! I just cannot wait... Reading the IV book of WOTSQ I came to like Halisstra and Ryld; Especially Halisstra seemed to be much less "drowish"-like; I would like to see Halisstra of her pre-Ched Nasad events life... . It is to late for wishes I suppose, but a bit of Danifae would be good as well

[SPOILER END]

pantha rei
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2006 :  19:10:14  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I now have permission to share a little bit of information about my new FR project, so I thought I'd let you guys be the first to know. It's a trilogy called The Haunted Land, it's set in Thay, and it'll showcase the undead of the Realms in kinda sorta but not really the same way The Year of Rogue Dragons showcases dragons. The first volume is called Unclean, and it'll be out next year.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2006 :  19:44:50  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

I now have permission to share a little bit of information about my new FR project, so I thought I'd let you guys be the first to know. It's a trilogy called The Haunted Land, it's set in Thay, and it'll showcase the undead of the Realms in kinda sorta but not really the same way The Year of Rogue Dragons showcases dragons. The first volume is called Unclean, and it'll be out next year.

Well met

This is absolutely fantastic news, Richard Undead...Thay..., I couldn't want anything more Many thanks for bringing this news to us, it's greatly appreciated.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2006 :  20:23:54  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Undead...Thay... Hmm... Oh I do hope everyone's (well, mine at least - and everyone who don't think like me are, of course, wrong) favourite zulkir of necromancy will make an appearance.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett

Edited by - Kajehase on 04 Apr 2006 20:24:15
Go to Top of Page

Lameth
Learned Scribe

Germany
196 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2006 :  20:53:27  Show Profile  Visit Lameth's Homepage Send Lameth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
GREAT NEWS

THANK YOU!!!!
Go to Top of Page

SuperNova
Acolyte

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2006 :  23:39:35  Show Profile  Visit SuperNova's Homepage Send SuperNova a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Undead...awsome :D i got my shopping list for the next few birthdays
(Knights of Myth Draynor sounds awsome too)

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e227/Dr1fter/thehuntercopy.jpg

Need a sig/gfx/banner made? PM me!

Dwarves pwn your a$$
Go to Top of Page

Lord Nemes
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2006 :  01:30:33  Show Profile  Visit Lord Nemes's Homepage Send Lord Nemes a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great news M. Byers!

Is LordRad still around? The list at the begining of the thread is du for a little updating.

Lord Nemes
Go to Top of Page

Lord Nemes
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2006 :  01:33:45  Show Profile  Visit Lord Nemes's Homepage Send Lord Nemes a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sory LordRad

I posted too fast and just checked the edit date, I see just after posting that you have done the update.

Lord Nemes
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2006 :  01:57:07  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Haunted Lands Trilogy with undead infested lands in Thay? Good, at least we see more undead in action than the usual low-ranking undead reruits as well as an insight into the undead world.

I wonder would this be an epic trilogy being planned by Mr Richard?

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2006 :  02:02:59  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oooh! This is great news... Thay, as some already know, has always been one of my favorite regions of the Realms!

Do you have a "supposed" release for this first book yet next year Richard? I mean, First quarter, second quarter for example...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

silvermage
Seeker

77 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2006 :  02:15:00  Show Profile  Visit silvermage's Homepage Send silvermage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent news, finally there is a story campaign set in Thay, and hopefully, the all time cool Zulkir of Necromancy would play an major role.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2006 :  08:24:38  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well this news makes me VERY happy! I never expected a novel, let alone a trilogy, to be based on this. I really can't wait.

Richard, I assume you're going to me this very dark, very gritty, very graphic, and very worrying to the ethics enforcers of WotC

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Beezy
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2006 :  15:30:06  Show Profile  Visit Beezy's Homepage Send Beezy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Zulkir of Necromancy is one of my favorite characters that I get to see so rarely in the novels, so I hope to see some of him in your new trilogy. I also think the general idea so far sounds great and very interesting.
Go to Top of Page

nbnmare
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2006 :  20:58:01  Show Profile  Visit nbnmare's Homepage Send nbnmare a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A Thay-based trilogy focusing on the undead? This has the potential to be a Realms classic! I suspect the Red Wizard hierarchy may be given a bit of a long overdue shake-up during the course of this series...

Oh, and here's hoping for a Realms of the Undead anthology to accompany it, too (if only because it provides the perfect excuse for a story about a certain body-swapping Lich ).

Edited by - nbnmare on 05 Apr 2006 21:12:14
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2006 :  03:52:57  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm told there will be a tie-in Realms of the Undead anthology.
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2006 :  04:43:57  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by silvermage

Excellent news, finally there is a story campaign set in Thay, and hopefully, the all time cool Zulkir of Necromancy would play an major role.

umm there have been a few novels covering this region already, but yes a dedicated trilogy would be cool
Go to Top of Page

nbnmare
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2006 :  21:11:53  Show Profile  Visit nbnmare's Homepage Send nbnmare a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Superb news!
Go to Top of Page

Beezy
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2006 :  05:51:50  Show Profile  Visit Beezy's Homepage Send Beezy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nbnmare

quote:

Superb news!

I must agree! I love the anthology books because you get to see many authors tackle tales of a similiar sort. On top of that I have always had a fascination with the undead so this works out great.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000