Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 moonstar recruiting
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thaingrim
Acolyte

12 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2005 :  18:38:23  Show Profile  Visit Thaingrim's Homepage Send Thaingrim a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
i have a player who want's to geinto the moonstar organization.... he is member of a mercenari guild in waterdeep and a ranger of shevarash (sort of chosen sone he caries the bow of the black archer).... what would he need to do te get khelben and his agents atention... i mean it sound kinda weird to knock on blaskstaff towers door and ask, and he might get into trouble if he starts spreading rumors in taverns.... so , how do you get recruited by the moonstars ?

Dungeon Moron
Acolyte

41 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2005 :  18:50:34  Show Profile Send Dungeon Moron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well for one, u could use his link with Sheverash to get in touch with Khelben. If one carries the Black Bow of Sheverash one could use it to get in touch with Khelben.
Just destroy a city of drow for instance and u should get his attention.

If he is some kind of Chosen of Sheverash, I would use it in your storyline.

I wonder why he wants to join them though, being a sort of Chosen of Sheverash??
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2005 :  19:44:17  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well moonstars are harpers and as such they would choose to recuit a member, not the other way. Like harpers membership would be secret as much as posible. You do not join at the Moonstar hall to become a member, in fact you might not as a character even know the Moonstrars exist. The Harpers being a longer lived organization at least some of them are know (the harper pin) and so on. Even there membership is by invitation from what I understand.

To know of Harpers would be a rather high Knowledge check, to know leader would be a very high one. Moonstars being an upstart group the DC checks would be even higher. There might be rumors of both that contain truth and flase information.

You need a member of the group to sponsor a new member, then the org after looking at history and nature offer membership.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2005 :  22:43:12  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And for more information on the Moonstars, read the 2E sourcebook Cloak & Dagger, or the 3.5 book, City of Splendors: Waterdeep. The former source has more information on the group, and, in my opinion, is one of the best Realms supplements we've ever had.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Thaingrim
Acolyte

12 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2005 :  23:04:49  Show Profile  Visit Thaingrim's Homepage Send Thaingrim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well there's no question he knows about them since he learned about them when the partys mage/priest questioned a dead agent ... they later reserched exactly what the guy was talking about and got some scraps of info on the moostars ( basicaly they know they very much resemble the harpers and they know about the badges... the second part being rather important information i feel)

i guess he cuold have already gotten the atention of some agents (more like the entire waterdeep cell) since he sorta chased a vhaeraunite priest and his son from the neverwinter wood all the way to skullport ( where he killed them in a "even darker" alley)

and i don't know why he absolutely wants to ba a moostar ... but it's a pretty good player who always plays elves and makes plans for the very distant future he knows he'll never play out ( since the rest of his party will be dead and burried by then )... anyways i guess i'll ask him next time around

anyway,thx for the feedback
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2005 :  00:19:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

And for more information on the Moonstars, read the 2E sourcebook Cloak & Dagger, or the 3.5 book, City of Splendors: Waterdeep. The former source has more information on the group, and, in my opinion, is one of the best Realms supplements we've ever had.

And as I recall, I asked Steven about some particulars regarding Moonstar recruitment earlier in the year. You can try a search in his personal scroll for the reply:- http://candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3802

Or search through his compiled replies here at Candlekeep, located on the mainsite:- http://candlekeep.com/library/articles/so_saith_ed.htm

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2005 :  00:31:32  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

And as I recall, I asked Steven about some particulars regarding Moonstar recruitment earlier in the year. You can try a search in his personal scroll for the reply:- http://candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3802

Or search through his compiled replies here at Candlekeep, located on the mainsite:- http://candlekeep.com/library/articles/so_saith_ed.htm

Actually, you want this link.

http://candlekeep.com/library/articles/misc_lore.htm

I've been bugging Alaundo to link that above link from the So Saith Ed because my TOC references both links but he's been putting me off. :) Cough.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2005 :  01:10:29  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Actually, you want this link.

http://candlekeep.com/library/articles/misc_lore.htm

I've been bugging Alaundo to link that above link from the So Saith Ed because my TOC references both links but he's been putting me off. :) Cough.

I didn't know of that one... I'm adding it to my list of useful links. Speaking of which...

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2005 :  02:26:00  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey guys - Does the CoS:W book have the Moonstar symbol in it? I know I have seen it in one of my supplements - but for some reason I can not find it for the life of me. Help!

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2005 :  02:37:40  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of course, if he really wants to show how ballsy he can be, have the character walk up to the front door of Blackstaff Tower and request an audience. The GM should have a ball roleplaying the run-around given the over-bold...or he just might be lucky to catch Khelben on his first slow day since 1037 DR.....

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2005 :  02:39:20  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And of course he might get an audience just to let the mages of the tower get a look at that bow.....

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2005 :  02:48:46  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

Hey guys - Does the CoS:W book have the Moonstar symbol in it? I know I have seen it in one of my supplements - but for some reason I can not find it for the life of me. Help!

C-Fb

I believe only Cloak & Dagger is the only sourcebook with the actual pic of the symbol......

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2005 :  02:57:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

C-Fb

Is the illustration on the side of page 23 of Cloak and Dagger what you're looking for?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2005 :  03:04:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

C-Fb

Yeah, it was C&D like Kuje just said. There wasn't a symbol for the Moonstars in CoS:W as I recall...

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000