Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 FR stuff in every issue of Dragon: Works for me!!!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2006 :  11:14:30  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Quote from Erik Mona over at Enworld

"There's more FR content on the way! I had a nice, juicy regular column set up but lost my author to other projects, which was a bit of a setback. Getting more FR content in the magazines is definitely a priority"

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 18 Mar 2006 07:03:19

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2006 :  19:44:33  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the heads up. I'm waiting to hear back on several articles, some FR-oriented, some more generic, at Dragon and Dungeon. So we'll see.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2006 :  19:47:40  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am subscribed to both Dragon and Dungeon and definately would enjoy a lot more FR content. Every time I get one in the mail I jump into it and flip to see if there is anything FR first. :)

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2006 :  05:57:02  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I have submitted an article but haven't heard back. I guess I should ping Erik. And Eric or Tom would have to be the chief candidates for a regular column - Tom's Faiths pieces or Eric's Mintiper's Chapbook series would go down a treat in the magazine IMHO.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2006 :  07:01:35  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now this is interesting

From Enworld

skeptic: Hmm Cities of the Realms? Ed's too busy?

Erik: For the time being, yeah. He signed on to do a bunch of them and then got pulled away for some novels work. I expect to get a batch of finished articles as soon as he can manage to finish them (my fingers are crossed for late this month).

skeptic: Why not publish this Unseen article mentioned back in Dungeon then? :P

Erik: Because I keep forgetting about it.

skeptic: Even a little bit of FR fluff/crunch in every magazine would mean "every" FR-addict suscribing.. and there is a lot of FR-addict...

Erik: I know. I've been spending a lot of time during my vacation thinking of how to make something like this happen. I am now pretty much convinced that every issue of the magazine should include, at minimum, a short Eberron and Forgotten Realms article, but I need to figure out how to fit it in.

We're working on it.

FR material in every issue of Dragon..... WORKS FOR ME!

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2006 :  15:17:55  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Best forum to talk with E. Mona ? Paizo? no, EnWorld
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2006 :  00:04:27  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Stuff I want to see in Dragon

The return of Tom Costas Faithes of Faeruns articles

Write ups for Lisa Smedmans characters from the House of Serpents series

Write up for Richard Lee Byers characters from the YoRD trilogy

Write up for Richard Bakers characters from the Last Mythal trilogy

More of Eds Cities of Faerun articles (and more regularly ideally 1 every 3 months)

An "Orcs of the North Article" which details the Status of "Obouldland" as of 1374DR

Wyrms of the East or South

The Return of the Volo Articles

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2006 :  00:10:35  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I will add one thing that is asked here and on WOTC boards at a regular rate :

A real 3.x update for Maztica.
Go to Top of Page

Cam Beul
Acolyte

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2006 :  00:15:33  Show Profile  Visit Cam Beul's Homepage Send Cam Beul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not a subscriber to Dungeon or Dragon, and there is alot of good Realmslore I have missed. I'd be nice if one magazine or the other came up with a compilation of realmslore articles and publish them in a single tome. I'd definately buy it.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2006 :  02:37:20  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I could be guaranteed FR content in most every issue of Dragon, I'd subscribe also. Here's hoping.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2006 :  03:36:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

If I could be guaranteed FR content in most every issue of Dragon, I'd subscribe also. Here's hoping.

-- George Krashos

That'd be the same for me as well.

As it is now, I only buy individual DRAGON and DUNGEON issues when FR content is indeed included.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 19 Mar 2006 03:37:54
Go to Top of Page

FireKnife
Acolyte

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2006 :  23:38:32  Show Profile  Visit FireKnife's Homepage Send FireKnife a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would enjoy the right ups on more novel characters. Updates for the Prc's and spells. This would leave alot more room for crunch material in FR products. I enjoy my share of fluff and stats, but I think most of us want tons of useful information. Anyways FR info in Dragon is a bonus.
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2006 :  23:43:07  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cam Beul

I'm not a subscriber to Dungeon or Dragon, and there is alot of good Realmslore I have missed. I'd be nice if one magazine or the other came up with a compilation of realmslore articles and publish them in a single tome. I'd definately buy it.
Depending on how well the first Dragon Compendium sells, Paizo may do more, and a Realms-themed one is an obvious choice for a second or third volume.

You just got me lusting for a full-colour "Elminster's Guide to the Realms" compilation again.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2006 :  00:05:24  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That would be fantastic. It would certainly alleviate my bookshelf full of bulky 3-ring binders problem. Updated Wyrms of the North (using stuff from Draconomicon and the upcoming DoF), updated Wizards Three, updated Seven Swords, Siz Special Shields. Ahh, it is to drool for ...

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2006 :  23:21:50  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More FR stuff from Enworld

The Swordsage: And just where is that Impiltur article you promised in your editorial a while ago?

Erik: Awaiting an assignment. It's large, so I can't just "slip it in." But it's coming.

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2006 :  23:31:44  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oooh! Wholesome Impiltur Goodness...

[Krash voice]Woot![/Krash voice]

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2006 :  05:32:28  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I echo the woot! Can't wait to see this article in print. It will be most interesting.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2006 :  01:05:59  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This all sounds rather good to me.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2006 :  11:34:32  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
and now this from James Jacobs

"It's true... we're kind of starving for Forgotten Realms content in Dungeon. We've got a few adventures in the works, including two high level ones that are doozies, but I'd certainly welcome with open arms good adventure proposals set in the Forgotten Realms."

Eberron too. We're not as hurting as much for them, but still. I'd like to do six Eberron and six Forgotten Realms adventures a year, but I can't if none get submitted

Well Rich B, Eric, Wil, Skip get cracking!!!

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 30 Mar 2006 11:41:12
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2006 :  11:52:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can someone give me a listing of the FR adventures from the last year or so? I might try something, but I kind of need to know the format first.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2006 :  12:00:23  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric Boyds Vampires in Waterdeep Trilogy Issues 126-128

Wil Upchurch's The Twisted Run in Issue 129

Samn Browns Within the Circle Issue 130

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2006 :  12:16:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, thanks.
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2006 :  14:36:52  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

I'm waiting to hear on one I submitted.

But, there won't be many Realms adventures if only the usual suspects submit. Regular posters on this message board obviously love the Realms. Start submitting ideas!!!

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2006 :  17:28:35  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:

But, there won't be many Realms adventures if only the usual suspects submit. Regular posters on this message board obviously love the Realms. Start submitting ideas!!!

--Eric

I've discussed this with George, awhile back, last year?, and my "problem" is that I'm not sure where to start... Plus, I don't know the rules that well and so it's hard for me to come up with stat blocks, etc. :(

Otherwise, I'd love to submit articles but I'm still overwhelmed on where to even begin. :(

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 30 Mar 2006 17:29:13
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2006 :  19:48:01  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kuje, if you come up with an idea, I'm sure there are plenty of scribes who'd be willing to help you with stat blocks and the like.

I might have a look and see if I can dig out an idea I worked on a few years back when I decided in a moment of madness that I wanted to get an adventure published.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2006 :  20:24:46  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Reefy

Kuje, if you come up with an idea, I'm sure there are plenty of scribes who'd be willing to help you with stat blocks and the like.

I might have a look and see if I can dig out an idea I worked on a few years back when I decided in a moment of madness that I wanted to get an adventure published.

I figured that, but it's more of.... where do I begin, which leads me back to my overwhelmed comment.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2006 :  23:52:20  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:

--Eric

Hey Eric would you be able to show us what you put in your proposal to Pazio for the Vampires in Waterdeep Trilogy?

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2006 :  09:39:34  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

This is certainly an opportunity not to be missed, and we would only have outselves to blame for any lack of FR coverage in the magazine.

If there are any ideas bounding around in thy heads, but not enough for ye to submit anything, then shout up... somebody else may be able to lend a hand and expand on it. Perhaps we can come up with a good few suggestions from which to build.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2006 :  16:43:58  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

This is certainly an opportunity not to be missed, and we would only have outselves to blame for any lack of FR coverage in the magazine.

If there are any ideas bounding around in thy heads, but not enough for ye to submit anything, then shout up... somebody else may be able to lend a hand and expand on it. Perhaps we can come up with a good few suggestions from which to build.

I think this is my problem, I'm not sure what ideas to even start with or... what to even submit. Sigh.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2006 :  16:52:21  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

I think this is my problem, I'm not sure what ideas to even start with or... what to even submit. Sigh.

That's pretty much the same for me as well .

With the current DRAGON articles seeming to almost always focus more on rules than lore... I'm kind of limited to what I can include in a submission article for DRAGON. I want to write something, but I don't want to have to tackle D&D rules as well.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2006 :  17:10:48  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

That's pretty much the same for me as well .

With the current DRAGON articles seeming to almost always focus more on rules than lore... I'm kind of limited to what I can include in a submission article for DRAGON. I want to write something, but I don't want to have to tackle D&D rules as well.

There's that as well, and we've discussed that over IM's. :) Also, now that I'm more awake, I don't want to submit something that might have already been written about in a upcoming sourcebook or article, so again, I'm stuck wondering what to actually make into an article....

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000