Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Deadsnows
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

grinning demon
Acolyte

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2006 :  15:02:35  Show Profile  Visit grinning demon's Homepage Send grinning demon a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've recently started running a campaign within the Silver Marches and I was wondering if there were any publications other than the Silver Marches supplement that had any information about the village/residents/local environment etc.

Just want to make sure that I don't make any serious faux pas in the first campaign I've run for many a year.

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2006 :  15:14:33  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IIRC, the dwarven temple is mentioned in Demihuman deities.

There is surely a tid bit about Deadsnow in a 2E product (The North), but you won't found nothing that is not in Silver Marches.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2006 :  17:34:03  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

There is surely a tid bit about Deadsnow in a 2E product (The North), but you won't found nothing that is not in Silver Marches.

The North is available as a free download from the Wizards downloads page. But there's only about 4 paragraphs in there covering Deadsnows.

Volo's Guide to the North, also a free download on the page linked above, has about a page dedicated to Deadsnows.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2006 :  19:14:40  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In our Waterdeep/North-campaign Deadsnows held a temple both to Dugmaren Brightmantle (a dwarven underground hold within a mound/hillock in the center of the compound) and also a temple to Lathander. Our DM drew wonderful maps of a "semicircular-against-the-mountainside-walled-
compound"-type of map of the Deadsnows...

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

grinning demon
Acolyte

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  09:52:01  Show Profile  Visit grinning demon's Homepage Send grinning demon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that, I'm actually awaiting all the Volos guides from an ebay auction win.
Have now downloaded The North though.

At present I am using the information in the Silver Marches which I have to say is well detailed, yet not over detailed so a GM can put his own personal stamp on things.

I am running the adventure as a play by forum affair on my website

This is the first time I've managed to get involved in DandD for about 5 years so I'm a little stoked about playing again.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000