Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Forum undersign question
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MidNight
Acolyte

Netherlands
43 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2003 :  15:56:16  Show Profile  Visit MidNight's Homepage Send MidNight a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Goodday to you all!

I have a question concerning codes in undersigns here on the forum. As you can see, my undersign is slightly large. My idea was to modify its size, and put the words in italic. In a way that the words would look like this:

Love magic for itself. Do not treat it just as a weapon to reshape the world to your will. True wisdom is knowing when not to use magic. Strive to use magic less as your powers develop, for often the threat or promise of its use outstrips is actual performance. Magic is an Art, the Gift of the Lady, and those who wield it are privileged it the extreme. Conduct yourself humbly, not proudly, while being mindful of this. Use the Art deftly and efficiently, not carelessly and recklessly. Seek always to learn and create new magic.

This would certainly reduce the size of the text a bit.
But I tried to use codes in my signature, and it didn't work out. Is it possible to change my undersign with the codes I wish to change it with?

Many thanks in advance,
MidNight

Love magic for itself. Do not treat it just as a weapon to reshape the world to your will. True wisdom is knowing when not to use magic. Strive to use magic less as your powers develop, for often the threat or promise of its use outstrips is actual performance. Magic is an Art, the Gift of the Lady, and those who wield it are privileged it the extreme. Conduct yourself humbly, not proudly, while being mindful of this. Use the Art deftly and efficiently, not carelessly and recklessly. Seek always to learn and create new magic.

Edited by - MidNight on 07 Mar 2003 15:57:19

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2003 :  16:23:17  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You should be able to use all the codes in your signature that are available in the posts but you have to put them in manually.

For example to make your text small (size 1) type [ then size=1 then ]
without any spaces {size=1} replace squiggely brackes with the straight ones. To end the sizing of the text type [ then /size=1 then ] (the / means end) like this {/size=1} again use the other brackets.

For italicized text it's the same way [ then i then ] and to end it's [ then /i then ]

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

MidNight
Acolyte

Netherlands
43 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2003 :  16:29:25  Show Profile  Visit MidNight's Homepage Send MidNight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Artalis, thank you for your reply! The suggestion you give me, I already tried. But maybe I made a mistake. I'll try it again. I'm sorry to have bothered you if it was just a mistake I've been making Thanks, anyway!

Silently moves toward the change profile section of the site and holds her breath

Edit: Now, what is it that I keep doing wrong?

Edited by - MidNight on 07 Mar 2003 16:32:09
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2003 :  16:38:23  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The end must match the beginning (I am currently looking at your signature). Thus, if the begging is (size=1) the end must also be (/size=1) - I know HTML does work this way but the forum code does.

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake

Edited by - Echon on 07 Mar 2003 16:38:57
Go to Top of Page

Candlekeep Webmaster
Webmaster

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2003 :  19:16:18  Show Profile  Visit Candlekeep Webmaster's Homepage Send Candlekeep Webmaster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Echon
The end must match the beginning (I am currently looking at your signature). Thus, if the begging is (size=1) the end must also be (/size=1) - I know HTML does work this way but the forum code does.

Quite right Echon. As you can see MidNight, I have amended your profile for you to show the smaller text.

Jay
Candlekeep Webmaster

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

MidNight
Acolyte

Netherlands
43 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2003 :  22:18:58  Show Profile  Visit MidNight's Homepage Send MidNight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you all so very much for your help!
Normally (at least, what I'm used to ) (/size) is enough, the way (/font) can be enough. Sorry for my not knowing this and thank you for your help and your time!

Kindest regards,
MidNight

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000