Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 attack on evermeet
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jean-loup
Acolyte

18 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2006 :  15:49:40  Show Profile  Visit jean-loup's Homepage Send jean-loup a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
somebody can tell me what happens in the attack on evermeet in 1371CV

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2006 :  16:38:23  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're really better on reading the novel -- no amount of discussion here will do justice to the portrayal of the attack itself in Evermeet: Island of Elves.

Alternatively, you can search through Elaine's replies here at Candlekeep for her discussions about the event and the questions she has answered regarding it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 23 May 2006 16:39:30
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2006 :  16:40:29  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seconded...read Evermeet

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2006 :  03:10:15  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In addition to the attack on Evermeet being covered, it is also a great novel and provides an excellent history of events and Elven culture.
Go to Top of Page

ShadowJack
Senior Scribe

USA
350 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2006 :  15:36:09  Show Profile  Visit ShadowJack's Homepage Send ShadowJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I most heartily agree with the sages, jean. It is an excellent novel with lots of great nuggets for DM's. Great book. The attack on Evermeet was just the most recent attempt to inflict damage on the Tel'Quessir.

ShadowJack
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2006 :  02:30:08  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShadowJack

I most heartily agree with the sages, jean. It is an excellent novel with lots of great nuggets for DM's. Great book. The attack on Evermeet was just the most recent attempt to inflict damage on the Tel'Quessir.

I would not classify it as the most current attack on Evermeet. The last mythal trilogy has, in regards to my information, the last attack that occured on evermeet's soil.

Edited by - scererar on 28 May 2006 02:30:54
Go to Top of Page

Zimeros
Learned Scribe

Brazil
121 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2006 :  05:26:36  Show Profile  Visit Zimeros's Homepage Send Zimeros a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've heard something about a fight btween calishite ships and elven ships from avermeet, is that what about we're talking?

Edited by - Zimeros on 30 May 2006 05:32:56
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2006 :  05:45:36  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No. The Evermeet novel deals with the sneak attack made by rebel elves and drow on Evermeet.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000