Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Let's play a game! (Help me out :P)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2006 :  21:25:28  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Ok, so lets play a game everyone. I'm wanting to add 5 Noteable NPCS for my project I've ever so been working on. Here is the information I can give you.

Evil Aligned (evil human warrior, evil cleric, etc.)
1 Must Be a Demon *Any sort*
1 Must Be a Fiend *Any Sort*
All can be Demon/Devil/Fiend'ish but two
They can be any sort of class(es) or type of person, enity, etc.
They can be of any race.
You can give him/her/it they're name, doesnt mean I'll accept it tho.

I can't decide, so I'm seeking help! :D Might as well try to get my project a bit more done by GenCon time!!

Edit: And, if it's anything 'different', perhaps post a picture or something so I can a good idea. Or, at the very least, tell me what book it is out of just incase I do not have it.

"Eating people is wrong...unless it's on the first date." - Ed Greenwood, GenCon Indy 2006

Edited by - Neriandal Freit on 14 Jul 2006 21:34:02

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2006 :  21:37:29  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What level/CR are you looking for here? And are you concerned if you have a demon if you also have a devil . . . and lastly, are these suppose to be a group of characters that know/work with each other, or just a set of NPCs that might have some peripheral connection that you will work out in your project . . . ?
Go to Top of Page

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2006 :  21:41:06  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For the most part, alot of the peoples in my project are Higher Level/Epic. Tho I suspect there are a handful of 'mid level' and fewer lower levels.

No to the demon/devil question. That is explained in my project :P

Yes they work together.

I know, very twisted. But it'll work out, I'd just want to get the 'Keep involved a bit more :P

"Eating people is wrong...unless it's on the first date." - Ed Greenwood, GenCon Indy 2006

Edited by - Neriandal Freit on 14 Jul 2006 21:43:56
Go to Top of Page

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2006 :  14:53:00  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
None one is posting any favored evils? If you guys need me to give you a bit more detail to what I'm going to do, I'll be more then happy to..

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2006 :  21:03:26  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd help, but I'm not a huge fan of evil characters, so I don't really have a "favored evil" or anything.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2006 :  02:18:07  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, just randomly come up with some sort of NPC. Doesn't need to be detailed or anything, just the utmost basic of things.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2006 :  03:10:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about an aasimar... He was a paladin, but a foe slew his family. Aasimar became consumed with vengeance, and fell from paladinhood. He chased after his foe, and finally caught him, though not until he had started toeing the line with being evil. He slew his foe, but then found out he'd fallen further than he expected. His church wouldn't accept him back. Angry at what he felt was a betrayal, he turned away from his church and fell the rest of the way to evil.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

danifae
Acolyte

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2006 :  03:25:54  Show Profile  Visit danifae's Homepage Send danifae a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Somewhere I've read something similiar like what Wooly Rupert said before (<== if anyone has played Warcraft 3 campaign, arthas did about the same thing), but it still is a nice idea.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2006 :  04:32:12  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

How about an aasimar... He was a paladin, but a foe slew his family. Aasimar became consumed with vengeance, and fell from paladinhood. He chased after his foe, and finally caught him, though not until he had started toeing the line with being evil. He slew his foe, but then found out he'd fallen further than he expected. His church wouldn't accept him back. Angry at what he felt was a betrayal, he turned away from his church and fell the rest of the way to evil.

That's a great idea...it's not uncommon to see tiefling characters who are good or neutral in spite of the fact that tieflings are usually evil, but aasimar are usually as squeaky clean as ever.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

Na-Gang
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2006 :  11:16:35  Show Profile  Visit Na-Gang's Homepage Send Na-Gang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Half-Illithid Sorceress, concealing her mouth tentacles beneath a veil, she looks human in all other respects.

Go to Top of Page

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2006 :  13:36:46  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, I've got to admit that Na Gangs just striked me lol. That one is in the pool for sure.

I'll have to feel around the aasimar suggestion, let my mind ponder over that one and see what I can do with him..

Thank you thus far everyone :P

Go to Top of Page

Na-Gang
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2006 :  16:02:41  Show Profile  Visit Na-Gang's Homepage Send Na-Gang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Neriandal Freit

Ok, I've got to admit that Na Gangs just striked me lol. That one is in the pool for sure.

She doesn't have to be a sorceress of course. In fact it'd probably be more of a shock to have players face a non-spellcaster. Maybe head of the Thieves Guild or the like?

I'm using a Yuan-Ti Pureblood Half Illithid Rogue in my campaign, but the PCs have yet to meet her. I can't wait to see the look on their faces when they realise. They know the Yuan-Ti are using Illithid knowledge conducting experiments to create new grafts, species and subspecies, but they haven't encountered any products of that yet.
Go to Top of Page

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2006 :  16:46:32  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No no, Sorceress will suit perfectly.

Just I'm going to be doing something comeplely different to these NPCS, so I just need some ideas basically.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2006 :  16:48:52  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The kewpie doll assassin has gone over quite well in my current evil party campaign. A wealthy, noble, beautiful woman (not much more than a girl) of immense charisma and heart-wrenching innocence (think porcelain doll-looking noble princess), who lures would be protectors into guarding her from the villains who seeks to abuse her (really her fellow party members), then rewards the victorious, noble good guys with a contact-poison-laden kiss (Poison Immunity feat) or a knife to the kidneys.

Could be part demon (succubus) or devil (erinyes) or a tiefling.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2006 :  17:19:48  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A doll assassin? Thats a new oen for me and something I am going to take big time into consideration ;)

Go to Top of Page

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2006 :  22:42:51  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone else care to post they're ideas? I really am seeking help so I can get 5 NPC's going here.

Like I've said, if you guys need more information I'll provide a smigen more untill I have all 5 decided upon, then I'll let the cat out.

Go to Top of Page

Fletcher
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2006 :  18:08:30  Show Profile  Visit Fletcher's Homepage Send Fletcher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
how about this as a party:
The leader is an epic level Death Knight.
A Succubus blighter/Druid
A Malebranch Legendary Dreadnaught
A Paragon Mindflayer who is an uber-psionic Monk with infinite deflection?
A silver dragon who was duped into putting on a helm of alignment reversal.

Run faster! The Kobolds are catching up!
Go to Top of Page

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2006 :  03:58:54  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is not a party, just think of them as seperate indivuals. They are together, but not in this manner ;)

Go to Top of Page

Blade of Mourn
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2006 :  15:34:54  Show Profile  Visit Blade of Mourn's Homepage Send Blade of Mourn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you're still looking for fiend characters, you might want to consider succubi or fey'ri. They can fit most classes and easily pass themselves off as normal in any society (to anyone without a continuous true-seeing ability that is) and could make good spies/infiltrators.

Maybe have a few fey'ri led by a succubus or stronger fiend... or somthing.

From below the dragon dark comes forth,
Nidhogg flying from Nithafjoll;
The bodies of men on his wings he bears,
The serpent bright:
Malice Striker.

Snorri Sturluson - Grímnismál (Völuspá)
Go to Top of Page

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2006 :  17:27:40  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To many Fey'ri going about, they feel to Drizztitfied to me currently....but yes still seeking ideas.

Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2006 :  09:05:54  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have worked with several different evil individuals ! I have the following to spare:
- Half-Drow Alu Fiend wizard
- Tiefling Monk
- Duergar Fighter
- Half-Fiend Black Troll Barbarian

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2006 :  00:50:53  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why not make an evil...human?

Really, humans can be pretty interesting.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2006 :  00:54:47  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Why not make an evil...human?

Really, humans can be pretty interesting.

HERE, HERE!

Looking at my NPC's for my Compendium article, I noticed that I tend to stick with humans and demihumans. I guess I don't like all these exotic races, except for genasi, tieflings, and aasimar, but that's cause of my planar fixation. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2006 :  01:01:21  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Humans!? Pft, never. :)

An evil halfling! Or gnome! No one expects the wee folk!

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD

Edited by - GothicDan on 27 Jul 2006 01:04:40
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2006 :  01:06:08  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*grins* Halflings and gnomes? Fine--like Kuje, I'm in the "try something less exotic" camp, and the small folk don't get as much screen time to begin with.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2006 :  01:20:50  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

*grins* Halflings and gnomes? Fine--like Kuje, I'm in the "try something less exotic" camp, and the small folk don't get as much screen time to begin with.

Grin,

There's a gnome in one of my recent hooks or compendium article. :) It's in my hooks actually but in the issue before the current one.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2006 :  01:23:44  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good to hear the "Forgotten Folk" aren't totally forgotten.

But I'm being a hypocrite...I use mostly humans, elves, and half-elves myself.

Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2006 :  01:27:25  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Same, here. In real life I've played mostly humans, two elves, a fire genasi, an aasimar, and a tiefling. :)

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2006 :  01:43:47  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Good to hear the "Forgotten Folk" aren't totally forgotten.

But I'm being a hypocrite...I use mostly humans, elves, and half-elves myself.

Well, it's got a human in the same hook. :)

Go to Top of Page

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2006 :  04:35:40  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From my opening post..
quote:
Evil Aligned (evil human warrior, evil cleric, etc.)
1 Must Be a Demon *Any sort*
1 Must Be a Fiend *Any Sort*
All can be Demon/Devil/Fiend'ish but two
They can be any sort of class(es) or type of person, enity, etc.
They can be of any race.
You can give him/her/it they're name, doesnt mean I'll accept it tho.

See, I've got them. They've just got to be evil, they dont have to be something exotic, just something Evil. But I Dont want to get extremendously evil, because it'll be hard for me to explain once I do what I'm going to do..

I like the idea of the Tifeling Monk and will have to play with that idea in mah head a bit.

Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2006 :  10:14:08  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you need the stats for the tiefling let me know!

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000