Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Maure Castle Conversion Notes Opinion
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2006 :  03:01:20  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Poll Question:
Okay, we have a Maure Castle adventure coming up. Not only is this going to be a challenge for me to write conversions for, but given that these are individual levels of a whole complex, and its an ongoing series, I thought I would take a poll.

Are you interested in seeing Maure Casle in the Realms? Is it too iconic to Greyhawk to convert (like having someone at Canonfire converting UnderMountain to Greyhawk).

Also, any ideas on where this dungeon complex should be in the Realms?

Choices:

Yes, I would like to see a convertion of the adventure
I am not interested in the conversion

(Anonymous Vote)

Edited by - KnightErrantJR on 30 Jul 2006 03:06:39

Sanishiver
Senior Scribe

USA
476 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2006 :  03:46:41  Show Profile  Visit Sanishiver's Homepage Send Sanishiver a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted yes because I think Maur Castle (or large parts of it) can fit easily into Undermountain, without having to go overboard on conversion to make it work.

Granted it is iconic Greyhawk, but I think you can make it Realmsian without too much fuss.

J. Grenemyer

09/20/2008: Tiger Army at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz. You wouldn’t believe how many females rode it out in the pit. Santa Cruz women are all of them beautiful. Now I know to add tough to that description.
6/27/2008: WALL-E is about the best damn movie Pixar has ever made. It had my heart racing and had me rooting for the good guy.
9/9/2006: Dave Mathews Band was off the hook at the Shoreline Amphitheater.

Never, ever read the game books too literally, or make such assumptions that what is omitted cannot be. Bad DM form, that.

And no matter how compelling a picture string theory paints, if it does not accurately describe our universe, it will be no more relevant than an elaborate game of Dungeons and Dragons. --paragraph 1, chapter 9, The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene
Go to Top of Page

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  23:08:26  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why not? I said yes.

"Eating people is wrong...unless it's on the first date." - Ed Greenwood, GenCon Indy 2006
Go to Top of Page

Snotlord
Senior Scribe

Norway
476 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2006 :  00:20:08  Show Profile  Visit Snotlord's Homepage Send Snotlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No. Sounds to me you are itching to "overdo" it, and I'd much rather see you create new material or cover more smaller modules. A reworked backstory should be more than sufficient to run the adventure.
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2006 :  10:18:21  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maure Castle - there was a 3.5 convertion in Dungeon Magazine #112 (that might be helpful to you).

Concerning the question if it fits in the FR - why not?! I would put it in a more unknown and hostile place not so easily excessable - one of the many marches that can be found around the realms, maybe?!

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2006 :  15:28:09  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just to let everyone know, feel free to keep voting an posting, but my conversions are likely going to be a while before coming out due to ongoing computer problems. Still, I have my notebook handy . . .
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2006 :  23:08:11  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Too much work yes and also, loss of uniqueness to the setting. I voted no.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Eremite
Learned Scribe

Singapore
182 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2006 :  15:39:21  Show Profile  Visit Eremite's Homepage Send Eremite a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted yes because I think it would make an interesting ruin from Narfell... and my next campaign is going to use Narfell extensively in the backstory.

Best
E
Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2006 :  16:44:49  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is awefully Grethawk iconic but it would be nice to convert...

the location of the castle I guess depends on how much of it's canon will you keep? will you keep the "wicked family that cavorted with demons" theme? I never knew what Maure Castle was until the Dungeon mag #112 (I'm a 1st generation Realms player with Spelljammer, Darksun and Ravenloft under my belt) but it kind of reminded me of Castle Spulzeer...

my vote for location would be any kingdom/region that has been around at least 500+ years that would/could have a decadent noble family...maybe Tethyr, Amn, Estagund, Durpar, Sembia, Thesk, Turmish, Chondath...

I think a lone castle in Chondath would be fine

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page