Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Coloring book
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nokom
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2006 :  23:27:33  Show Profile  Visit Nokom's Homepage Send Nokom a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Where could i print some of the pages or buy them cheaply? Anyone? And if i have to buy them I dont want them colored in!

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  00:05:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What, exactly, are you referring to?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  00:10:17  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Might be this http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20021222x was top of search engine. Of course if this is what is sought it appears to be no cost.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Nokom
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  00:13:44  Show Profile  Visit Nokom's Homepage Send Nokom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol no no! I mean the old ad&d 80s coloring books!
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  00:24:23  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You might prefer this url better : http://www.zaksrealm.net/books.html

quote:
There were at least five AD&D coloring books that were sold in 1983. They did not star the kids- they starred TSR's other liscenced characters who later made cameos in the D&D Cartoon (Strongheart, Warduke, and Kelek). There is, however, an ad for the cartoon show in the back of the book. The story of the lost wand seems a cross between a D&D campaign and a cheesy cartoon, demonstrating theif abilities and spells, etc. I've only managed to get copies of two of them, but here are the rest of the titles that I know of:

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
Go to Top of Page

Nokom
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  00:38:01  Show Profile  Visit Nokom's Homepage Send Nokom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But it does not tell where to get them.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  00:54:41  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well found this for one of them http://www.nobleknight.com/NKGInventory.Txt last updated July 30, 2006

quote:
AD&D Coloring Book - The Rescue of Ringlerun (Softcover) NM+ (unused) Price: $15.00

It strikes me that these items will be hard to fine and 15 might be a bargin.

Go to Top of Page

Nokom
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  02:42:45  Show Profile  Visit Nokom's Homepage Send Nokom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was more hoping to print it out for free.....And keep an eye out for printables.

Kuje's edit: We don't traffic in ways, on this site, for people to do illegal things, especially with all of the authors/game designers that come to this site. Thanks, but please don't ask for people to do illegal things for you.

Edited by - Kuje on 01 Aug 2006 02:47:14
Go to Top of Page

Nokom
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  02:49:48  Show Profile  Visit Nokom's Homepage Send Nokom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
illegal?
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  02:53:46  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nokom

illegal?

Yes,

Someone taking those pages and scanning them and then sending them to you is considered illegal. At least by the laws of the USA.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  02:55:32  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

illegal?

If its copywrited material, the only legal way to get it is if the owners offer it for free and "printable" or if you buy the actual product. Thus, asking for "printable" versions of something that is copywrited would be asking for an illegal copy of that item.
Go to Top of Page

Nokom
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  02:57:01  Show Profile  Visit Nokom's Homepage Send Nokom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ohh i was thinking it being that old the copyright would have been gone. Sorry :)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  03:10:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ohh i was thinking it being that old the copyright would have been gone. Sorry :)

No worries.

If the current license holders are handing out something for free (like the downloads on the Wizards downloads page), then it's legal to grab it for free. If the current license holders aren't freely distributing it, then assume it's illegal to do so.

A lot of stuff, even if it's not being distributed in any way and hasn't been touched in years, is still the property of somebody, somewhere. Them not running with it does not make it free for anyone else to do so. I can see the good and the bad of these laws, but, good or bad, we are obliged to follow them.

Go to Top of Page

Nokom
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  03:20:59  Show Profile  Visit Nokom's Homepage Send Nokom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who does have this? Who owns it?
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  03:56:37  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Not sure what you are asking, it appears no member of this forum that has read this thread owns a copy of any of the comics, it was hard for me to find one of the 5 for sale at all by web search.

As to who owns the copyright, most likely WotC, but research into the product is required to deterimine if they aquired the copyright in their purchase of TSR. Copyright might be jointly held as well. I provided you some links to further prusue your search for these products. That is all I can do. You might be able to find them on other then USA sites by searching for the titles, you might be able to find them in file sharing locations, the products appear to be rare. Perhaps you can find them on ebay as far as that goes.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  04:05:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Tracing a license thru years of partnerships, acquisitions, sales, mergers, bankruptcies and buyouts can be a difficult proposition. Some of our scribes might be adept at such things, but not me.

Like Kentinal said, you're likely going to have to do some research to find out. Or just hope to get lucky with buying print copies.

Go to Top of Page

Nokom
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  16:08:15  Show Profile  Visit Nokom's Homepage Send Nokom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will see what I can find out. If you find anything out do me a favour and tell me :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000