Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Xanathars Guild
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Xaralin
Acolyte

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2003 :  03:58:49  Show Profile  Visit Xaralin's Homepage Send Xaralin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
First of all, I am new here so I just wanted to say hi.

I am going to run a campaign soon, and I wanted some of it to take place in Waterdeep, and involve the Xanathars Guild. Does anyone know where I can get some good, solid information on the Xanathars Guild? By this I mean a website or book.

cheers

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2003 :  04:21:07  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it's detailed failry extensively in the 3e campaign book.
Go to Top of Page

Xaralin
Acolyte

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2003 :  04:23:44  Show Profile  Visit Xaralin's Homepage Send Xaralin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know but I'm just wondering if there's any more info on them. Thanks for the reply.

cheers
Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2003 :  05:28:06  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You may want to check out the following "old" stuff:

1. Villain's Lorebook published in 1998 by WotC for a write up on Xanathar.

2. http://prespos.crosswinds.net/FR1.who.htm#XANATHAR -- a few links to info on Xanathar and his guild. If you scroll up and down you will have lots of links to other stuff that is Waterdeep related.

3. There is a brief mention of Xanathar and his guild in both the boxed City of Splendors setting (fantastic set of maps by the way) and also in the Waterdeep and in FR1 Waterdeep and the North (a bit more depressing). I don't recommend either if just looking for info on the Xanathor guild.

4. There's a lot of stuff out there on Eye of the Beholder. You may want to borrow a bit from that game -- where Xanathar is ultimately killed.

Hope this helps,

Sarta
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2003 :  00:14:32  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are LOTS of sources for Xanathars guild. First is UNDERMOUNTAIN box set I. Also the 2nd ed Waterdeep set has information on them. Find the waterdeep and the north 1st edition supplement as well. I THINK you can down load the 'Waterdeep and the North' supplement from 1st edition from the WOTC website.

Look for 1st and 2nd ed Waterdeep supplements and then just convert them to 3e. THey are RICH with Xanathar info.

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

ShadowPavement
Acolyte

11 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2003 :  16:36:48  Show Profile  Visit ShadowPavement's Homepage Send ShadowPavement a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is also some decent info on the thieves guild in the Skullport book if you have access to it.

Some people would complain if you hanged them with a brand new rope.
-Hanibal Smith
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000