Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Red wizards/Thay novels
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shandiris
Seeker

61 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2006 :  10:00:57  Show Profile Send shandiris a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm really looking for any novels related to thay do you guys know any?

thanks in advance

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2006 :  10:22:38  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Red Magic, books 3 in the Harpers series deals with red wizards and Thay. Other then that I know not.

Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2006 :  11:02:19  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's also "The Crimson Gold" by Voronica Whitney Robinson and "The Simbul's Gift" by Lynn Abbey. Oh, and a great short story in the "Best of Eddie" collection.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2006 :  13:13:52  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A Red Wizard figures fairly prominently in Elminster's Daughter, and Phil Athans Watercourse Trilogy (of which only Whisper of Waves and Lies of Light are out so far) features a Red Wizard acting as a sort of "ambassador" to Innarlith.
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2006 :  13:20:28  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's also the court politics of Mulmaster with the ruler and his Thayan bride in The Mage in the Iron Mask. The book is in the Nobles series and out of print. I can not really recommend it as it is a blatant ripoff of Dumas (and I have not read it in about ten years), but I include it here for completion.
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2006 :  16:20:45  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My trilogy The Haunted Land is set entirely in Thay. The first book (Unclean) comes out nest year. So stay tuned!
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2006 :  16:37:32  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to it, Richard

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2006 :  16:43:16  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Me too Richard. You haven't let me down yet with anything I have read of yours.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11712 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2006 :  21:29:23  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
>>My trilogy The Haunted Land is set entirely in Thay. The first book (Unclean) comes out >>nest year. So stay tuned!

Not fair! Tell us at least something about it <g>. I didn't know we were having another Thayan book. Can't wait.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2006 :  22:45:15  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The trilogy's got a whole bunch of undead in it.
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2006 :  02:21:47  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

Will there be a "Realms of the Undead" anthology?

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2006 :  02:24:43  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MerrikCale

quote:

Coulda swore Richard said there was going to be.... hmmm

Yup, April 15, 2006:

"At this point, can't really say any more than I've said already in a previous post: It's set in Thay and will showcase the undead of the Realms in kinda sorta but not really the same way that Year of Rogue Dragons showcases dragons. There's supposed to be a Realms of the Undead tie-in anthology, also."

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 20 Oct 2006 02:26:44
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11712 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2006 :  17:58:34  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
>>Coulda swore Richard said there was going to be.... hmmm
>>Yup, April 15, 2006:
>>"At this point, can't really say any more than I've said already in a previous post: It's >>set in Thay and will showcase the undead of the Realms in kinda sorta but not really the >>same way that Year of Rogue Dragons showcases dragons. There's supposed to be a Realms of >>the Undead tie-in anthology, also."

WOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait!

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2006 :  17:59:50  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:
Originally posted by MerrikCale

quote:

Coulda swore Richard said there was going to be.... hmmm

Yup, April 15, 2006:

"At this point, can't really say any more than I've said already in a previous post: It's set in Thay and will showcase the undead of the Realms in kinda sorta but not really the same way that Year of Rogue Dragons showcases dragons. There's supposed to be a Realms of the Undead tie-in anthology, also."

merci beau coup

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

shandiris
Seeker

61 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2006 :  10:02:45  Show Profile Send shandiris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

My trilogy The Haunted Land is set entirely in Thay. The first book (Unclean) comes out nest year. So stay tuned!

Can't wait!, I'll most certainly buy it :).
Go to Top of Page

Haman
Seeker

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2006 :  10:05:41  Show Profile  Visit Haman's Homepage Send Haman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's about time the Red Wizards got some better press....cool! Add one more to the "expected sales" quota.

Some people say we gamers have no lives....I think we have too many.
Go to Top of Page

quajack
Seeker

86 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2006 :  15:37:06  Show Profile  Visit quajack's Homepage Send quajack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Crown of Fire features more than its share fo Red Wizard goings on.
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2006 :  13:09:53  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Funny that this thread pops up at this moment, cause just yesterday I stumbled over a sourcebook concerning Thay/Red wizards: Dreams of the Red Wizards for 2nd Ed. published in 1988.

(I know that the inicial question was for NOVELS but I figured it might help anyhow......)

Ergdusch

Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2006 :  13:14:35  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In Ed's Silverfall the Simbul has a brief and violent encounter (as she always does, it seems) with red wizards, as she does in Elminster in Hell, too.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000