Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Once More Unto the Breach!! *SPOILERS*
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

TBeholder
Great Reader

2382 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2023 :  16:58:22  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Firestorm

quote:
Originally posted by VikingLegion

I liked seeing Shakti Hunzrin and her House play a role in the machinations of Menzoberranzan. I'm not sure if Elaine has continued to read this thread, now that we've advanced so far beyond her last contribution to the novel line. But if she does, I wonder if it pleases her to see her creation live on in another's work.

I always questioned how Shakti survived the death of Vhaeraun. Wouldn't Lolth suddenly know she had been a traitor priestess since he no longer shielded her mind so lolth could not realize she was a double agent?

Why "could not realize she was a double agent"?
They affected her with magic pretty much simultaneously and she did not hide that scrying device too much.
And she clearly is not the sort to preach for Vhaerun behind Lolth's back, so... what he expects to gain by giving her power? Also, this happens in context of the last developments: Liriel on (what they know to be) the big game-changing quest to fix the Weave. In light of that, Lolth and Vhaerun both expect their activities to expand, in different ways. So while they still compete, they are about to have less pressure for direct confrontation and more matters of common interests.
Thus, to me it looks like Shakti is not really "hidden", but a known and allowed double priestess, i.e. designated backchannel (among the other things).

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000