Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Transitions Trilogy
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1419 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2023 :  18:23:47  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I fell behind on my Drizzt reading a long time ago and am only now reading these. Sadly, my opinion of these was that it was a big slog. The books are, simply put, way too depressing with The Orc King retroactively so while The Pirate King and The Ghost King just being directly depressive.

You can tell that RA Salvatore didn't want to implement the Spellplague's changes.

Also, The Pirate King had serious War in Iraq energy.

My Blog: http://unitedfederationofcharles.blogspot.com/

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3737 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2023 :  17:19:38  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Never read 'em, but I'd imagine that, regardless of our feelings of the changes that WotC did (jeeze has it really like almost 15 years!?), it probably is kind of difficult writing what basically was the literary version of some dominoes that you know almost immediately were going to be pushed over.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000