Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Baldur's Gate 3

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ode904 Posted - 09 Jul 2005 : 23:01:14
Just discovered that they are doing third part to Baldur's gate series.

http://www.sorcerers.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/forum/31.html

There are discussions of that, but is here anyone to discuss it?
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ode904 Posted - 13 Apr 2006 : 07:20:20
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

BG3 isn't happening.

NWN/NWN2 uses what's called the Aurora Engine.

NWN2 uses Electron engine, NWN uses Aurora engine. So what engine does BG3 use?
Winterfox Posted - 11 Feb 2006 : 11:10:04
I'm rather fond of the Odyssey engine, myself, though unfortunately, it doesn't give you as much freedom in camera angle.
SirUrza Posted - 11 Feb 2006 : 05:44:55
BG3 isn't happening.

NWN/NWN2 uses what's called the Aurora Engine.
Rory Posted - 11 Jan 2006 : 22:20:46
quote:
Originally posted by Thelonius

Anyway I hope that if the release BG 3 they use the Infinity engine, it gave Baldur's Gate it's Baldur's Gate flavour...

NWN 2 looks like it could be a better engine then the infinity. It has a better POV and the graphics arent as blocky.
Thelonius Posted - 11 Jan 2006 : 14:21:24
Anyway I hope that if the release BG 3 they use the Infinity engine, it gave Baldur's Gate it's Baldur's Gate flavour...
creativename Posted - 11 Jan 2006 : 10:33:52
o my god thats the best news i've ever heard
Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 15 Dec 2005 : 02:19:54
Ok, wasn't meant to be specific! Just meant that most remakes of games aren't all that good!

C-Fb
Arivia Posted - 10 Dec 2005 : 20:51:15
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

That's true - but one could hope, you know? I wouldn't mind seeing BG remade, but then again, remakes of games tend to be not so good (a la Wolfenstein, Speedball, etc).

C-Fb

Hey, hey, hey!

I play Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory at least once a week, thank you very much!
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 10 Dec 2005 : 20:49:58
*nods* I think the best we can expect from Bioware, regarding NWN, is them putting out premium mods for it.
Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 10 Dec 2005 : 20:20:23
That's true - but one could hope, you know? I wouldn't mind seeing BG remade, but then again, remakes of games tend to be not so good (a la Wolfenstein, Speedball, etc).

C-Fb
Arivia Posted - 10 Dec 2005 : 17:41:20
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

Alls the better for us then. Since Bioware is still up and kicking, maybe they'd update BG to 3.0E with some better graphics.

C-Fb

Doubt it-they've moved on to bigger things, like being joined to MS at the hip.
Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 10 Dec 2005 : 15:48:09
Alls the better for us then. Since Bioware is still up and kicking, maybe they'd update BG to 3.0E with some better graphics.

C-Fb
Zeb Posted - 10 Dec 2005 : 10:59:39
quote:
Originally posted by Beirnadri Magranth

even if someone made a FR game that was called baldurs gate and was set in mistledale or if they made an fr game that continued the haalspawn saga, it wouldnt be as cool as the badlurs gate series. Black isle went down and its designers split to other companies and nop longer work together so its not the same at all.

Yeah, except it wasn't Black Isle that developed Baldur's Gate & Baldur's Gate 2, it was Bioware. Black Isle just published it.
Ranin Posted - 11 Oct 2005 : 04:01:39
I know its a little late to reply to this topic now, but I thought Iīd share my views . My pc is the equivalent of a rusty box with hamster wheels for an engine, and a kerosine lamp in the monitor. I bought NWN SoU and besides taking half a freekin day to install it, I was sure I wasted my doe on even if it had worked.

I agree that Baldurīs Gate is much more captivating and is by far my fav. game. In NWN the characters seemed ...cubical, like a Picasso painting.

Anyway, the whole plague story, the Waterdavian creatures seems shallow and the henchmen dying then appearing back at the Tyr temple with a rock isīnt really heartstopping action in my opinion.

Besides...Aribethīs hair?! No way baybay!!!
Beirnadri Magranth Posted - 06 Oct 2005 : 21:26:17
even if someone made a FR game that was called baldurs gate and was set in mistledale or if they made an fr game that continued the haalspawn saga, it wouldnt be as cool as the badlurs gate series. Black isle went down and its designers split to other companies and nop longer work together so its not the same at all.

btw the bhaal spawn series is blown out of proportion
Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 30 Sep 2005 : 17:26:46
I think I missed out on Nathyrra because I had no idea I could resurrect her in the third chapter... my bad! Oh well.. I am playing through it again and this time I will pick her up when I end up with Cania.

C-Fb
DrJackal Posted - 30 Sep 2005 : 17:05:36
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Hey, I'm always on the lookout for great FR games. If you and your friend make them, I'll play them.

Cool. It's why I've been saving up bits and pieces of Realmslore, here and there.
Thelonius Posted - 30 Sep 2005 : 13:46:18
quote:
Stupid Sleeping Man.

I hate that guy!, I took Nathyrra as a partner, I don't know how to get Aribeth.

Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 29 Sep 2005 : 20:54:54
quote:
Originally posted by khorne

quote:

quote:
Also, for some reason I can`t explain, the game didn`t ensnare me as BG2 had done. I can`t explain it. NWN just seemed to lack the glory of BG and BG2.

My guess is (and this is true for me, too) because NWN lacks the wonderful characters--esp. party members--to interact with. However, I though Hordes of the Underdark came close to recapturing the feeling I got when I played BG2.

Also, some free modules on Neverwinter Vault are better than the modules put out by Bioware.

Hordes of the Underdark was better than the original NWN campaign and Shadows of Undrentide combined.

I don't know, I figured the original game was just as good as the Hordes of Underdark, though I am trying to figure out how to get the helpful Dark Elf, whose name slips my mind or Aribeth to end up being my true love. I keep getting the no one answer. Stupid Sleeping Man.

C-Fb
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 28 Sep 2005 : 21:27:52
Hey, I'm always on the lookout for great FR games. If you and your friend make them, I'll play them.
DrJackal Posted - 28 Sep 2005 : 00:34:10
quote:

Also, some free modules on Neverwinter Vault are better than the modules put out by Bioware.

Heh! When NWN came out, a friend and I talked about doing FR-based modules: I've got the source material, she's better at the techy-programming-the-module end, and we'd both work on the plots. Unfortunately, her computer is too old to run NWN, and she hasn't been able to upgrade. (Though hopefully, that will change by the end of the year).
khorne Posted - 26 Sep 2005 : 21:01:37
quote:

quote:
Also, for some reason I can`t explain, the game didn`t ensnare me as BG2 had done. I can`t explain it. NWN just seemed to lack the glory of BG and BG2.

My guess is (and this is true for me, too) because NWN lacks the wonderful characters--esp. party members--to interact with. However, I though Hordes of the Underdark came close to recapturing the feeling I got when I played BG2.

Hordes of the Underdark was better than the original NWN campaign and Shadows of Undrentide combined.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 26 Sep 2005 : 20:27:28
quote:

khorne Posted - 23 Sep 2005 : 20:47:02
One of the major flaws of NWN is that you couldn`t have a party, only a henchman. And, as has been mentioned already, NWN sucked royally in the realmslore department. Also, for some reason I can`t explain, the game didn`t ensnare me as BG2 had done. I can`t explain it. NWN just seemed to lack the glory of BG and BG2.
Thelonius Posted - 23 Sep 2005 : 20:38:02
I must recognize that at first NWN didn't attracted me so much as Baldur's Gate did, but finally it caught me up. The story of Aribeth is deeply interesting (saving Bastila's from KOTOR similitudes ), and the possibility of using her in Hordes made me VERY happy. Of course until you find Mephistopheles there's no charismatic bad guy in the whole game. But once he appears the game really starts to be serious. And it has a couple of good cameos just as Halasster and Durnam (yes I know they are from Hordes), those things made NWN raise a similar position in "my heart" than Baldur's Gate games. But I deeply missed the relationships between the playing chars, just as Jaheira and Viconia did in BG.
DrJackal Posted - 23 Sep 2005 : 15:18:42
I agree. The NeverWinter Nights just doesn't grab me as much as the BG series does. NWN is far, far too quiet -- no party of characters and interaction between them.
The Defence Minister Posted - 18 Sep 2005 : 14:36:04
I would LOVE another BG game, but I really hope they keep it like it was and dont go down the Neverwinter Nights path with it which was good for that game but wouldnt be for Baldur's Gate.
moon of abyss Posted - 14 Jul 2005 : 12:23:18
i do not exactly remember how much i finished BG series... i wish that if BG3 really shows up it happens to be a game which deserves the success and creativity of the first 2 games...

this is a project i am really waiting eagerly...
ode904 Posted - 11 Jul 2005 : 22:26:56
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

I know what Dargoth was talking about. Black Isle was actually working on a Baldur's Gate 3 game before it went under, and it would have been set in present day FR, though we didn't know much about what else was going to happen in the game (except that I beleive they had hired on Sean K Reynolds to work on the development). When they went under, the project died.

Atari has now picked up the idea of Baldur's Gate 3 and is making a prequel set at the founding of Baldur's Gate that has nothing to do with the work that Black Isle had done on the game up to that point.

So everyone is right, lol.

Exactly
KnightErrantJR Posted - 11 Jul 2005 : 00:29:19
I know what Dargoth was talking about. Black Isle was actually working on a Baldur's Gate 3 game before it went under, and it would have been set in present day FR, though we didn't know much about what else was going to happen in the game (except that I beleive they had hired on Sean K Reynolds to work on the development). When they went under, the project died.

Atari has now picked up the idea of Baldur's Gate 3 and is making a prequel set at the founding of Baldur's Gate that has nothing to do with the work that Black Isle had done on the game up to that point.

So everyone is right, lol.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000