Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Strange things happening with the Forums

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
warlockco Posted - 12 Jan 2006 : 02:05:56
Just recently whenever I click on the blue arrow to go to the newest post of a thread, I get kicked clear to the first post of the thread.

Anyone else been having this problem?

Also for the longest time, whenever I post in a thread, I get sent clear to the main forum page, instead of staying within that thread still (for a very short time a few months back, I was returned to the post that I had just made).
Is a bit annoying to have to go back to the thread to double check my post, since even if I preview a post, I don't catch everything sometimes.

Anyone else been having these problems or know of any solutions?

Thanks

btw I use Internet Explorer 6
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sadonayerah Odrydin Posted - 11 Mar 2006 : 16:59:48
It worked. Thanks guys for your help!
Alaundo Posted - 11 Mar 2006 : 10:17:43
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I'm don't actually remember how you can do it in either IE or Firefox.

Wooly, Big Al?

Well met

I don't believe there is a setting for a function such as automatic logon within actual browser settings. I'd suggest removing any cookies from your system. This should set things back to normal

If you have further problems, please email me.
The Sage Posted - 11 Mar 2006 : 07:16:21
I'm don't actually remember how you can do it in either IE or Firefox.

Wooly, Big Al?
Sadonayerah Odrydin Posted - 11 Mar 2006 : 05:57:36
quote:

Hmmmm... I had this problem a few days back, but it had more to do with mods I'd made to SageOS than anything directly related to Candlekeep.

Have you set your individual browser to automatically log-in by chance? This can occur, if it is set, when the forum is loaded up or refreshed.

I don't remember setting my browser to do that. How do I tell if that's set?
The Sage Posted - 11 Mar 2006 : 04:36:14
Hmmmm... I had this problem a few days back, but it had more to do with mods I'd made to SageOS than anything directly related to Candlekeep.

Have you set your individual browser to automatically log-in by chance? This can occur, if it is set, when the forum is loaded up or refreshed.
Sadonayerah Odrydin Posted - 11 Mar 2006 : 03:39:45
This is going to sound really strange... but my computer won't log me out of Candlekeep.... Every time I hit logout before I leave the site. When I come back to the site, it says I'm logged on and I haven't yet...

A little advice maybe? Thanks!
Alaundo Posted - 16 Feb 2006 : 08:15:29
Well met

Indeed, there was a problem with the server last night for a few hours. Ye would have experienced unavailability followed by slow loading times. All appears well now, however

Apologies for the inconvenience.
warlockco Posted - 16 Feb 2006 : 07:28:51
quote:

That'd be right. Blame the old guy... .

Best time to kick a guy is when he is down, right?
The Sage Posted - 16 Feb 2006 : 03:28:07
That'd be right. Blame the old guy... .
warlockco Posted - 16 Feb 2006 : 02:16:16
quote:

Well, it wasn't me this time. I've only just woken up... so I've done no work on the forum code or ASP scripts.

Whatever it was this time... must have been caused by something else.

I think we should blame The Sage still regardless...
The Sage Posted - 16 Feb 2006 : 00:40:48
Well, it wasn't me this time. I've only just woken up... so I've done no work on the forum code or ASP scripts.

Whatever it was this time... must have been caused by something else.
Arivia Posted - 16 Feb 2006 : 00:22:51
Back to being as snappy as normal here...right after I ended up with 100% packet loss on a ping.
George Krashos Posted - 16 Feb 2006 : 00:08:45
The laaaaag is painful. Get the gremlins out of Candlekeep!

-- George Krashos
Dargoth Posted - 16 Feb 2006 : 00:00:33
Aghhh what evers going on with the servers its bloody aweful

At best its taking 5 minutes to load anything in the forums and at worse its time out and telling me it cant find the server!
Alaundo Posted - 10 Feb 2006 : 14:04:05
quote:

Strange... I'll have to check the upload logs.

Oh and Alaundo... did you decide anything about those ASP scripts we talked about?

Well met

Indeed, Sage. I'll be sending over some code later tonight.
The Sage Posted - 10 Feb 2006 : 13:08:02
Strange... I'll have to check the upload logs.

Oh and Alaundo... did you decide anything about those ASP scripts we talked about?
warlockco Posted - 10 Feb 2006 : 07:29:53
quote:

That one was me... but it only happened once for me and for a few other scribes I contacted.

Got it about half a dozen times. And the first time I got it, I ended up doing a triple or quad post.
The Sage Posted - 10 Feb 2006 : 00:51:59
That one was me... but it only happened once for me and for a few other scribes I contacted.
warlockco Posted - 09 Feb 2006 : 19:05:06
Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 80070008'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/forum/inc_mail.asp, line 124

I keep getting the above message when I post.
Alaundo Posted - 09 Feb 2006 : 17:40:30
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

quote:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not update; currently locked by user 'admin' on machine 'IIS671'.

/forum/inc_func_common.asp, line 88

Any idea what this is? It came up when I tried entering one of the scrolls today (clicking back, and trying again got me in two seconds later, though[:], but it certainly fits the "Strange things happening..." label.

Well met

I've had this twice since the most to the new host. It appears harmless enough and as stated, a page refresh by whatever method cures the problem. It's certainly not me "admin" and I believe this to be the internal workings of IIS and record locking. i.e. two members attempting to update the same entry at the very same time.
Kuje Posted - 09 Feb 2006 : 17:01:05
I've gotten it on and off with firefox but usually if I hit reload, it goes away.
The Sage Posted - 09 Feb 2006 : 16:32:32
Well, this one wasn't me... because I wasn't doing anything with any forum software at the time this error occured.

Big Al?

Strangely though, or perhaps not so... I've noted that only users of IE experience this problem... at least, more frequently that users of Linux/Firefox/Generic Web Browsers.
Kajehase Posted - 09 Feb 2006 : 15:16:29
quote:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not update; currently locked by user 'admin' on machine 'IIS671'.

/forum/inc_func_common.asp, line 88

Any idea what this is? It came up when I tried entering one of the scrolls today (clicking back, and trying again got me in two seconds later, though, but it certainly fits the "Strange things happening..." label.
The Sage Posted - 09 Feb 2006 : 05:36:56
Will do Big Al .
Alaundo Posted - 08 Feb 2006 : 17:20:06
quote:

Big Al, I may need to borrow a much larger snippet of the actual forum code than I'd originally thought I might need. I've got most of the coding done already... but I want to use my template on actual working forum software, and since this *is* for Candlekeep... it makes sense to configure the code for the Candlekeep software directly.

Well met

Very well, Sage. Email me to discuss further and i'll help where I can.
The Sage Posted - 08 Feb 2006 : 13:55:39
No, it was me.

I looked through the upload logs for my coding and the times I was connected to the web were exactly the times the page faults occured here. I'm going to start running the coding changes for the Candlekeep forums on another machine -- preferrably one without continuous net access.

Big Al, I may need to borrow a much larger snippet of the actual forum code than I'd originally thought I might need. I've got most of the coding done already... but I want to use my template on actual working forum software, and since this *is* for Candlekeep... it makes sense to configure the code for the Candlekeep software directly.
Alaundo Posted - 08 Feb 2006 : 08:20:13
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I've gotten that error several times this eve... Sage, you breaking things again?

Well met

Hmmmmm. I know that there were problems on the Candlekeep server last night for the webhost, where all sites were effected. Mayhaps it will explain this.

Even so, i'd much rather experience the occassional script timeout rather than the previous "database corrupt" message which knocked the forums out for a day or more
The Sage Posted - 08 Feb 2006 : 07:17:45
It's likely... I'm working on several little bits for the forum software at the moment. My recent upload probably caused the outages.

Again, I apologise. I'll try to keep the uploads to a minimum over the next few days.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 08 Feb 2006 : 06:12:45
I've gotten that error several times this eve... Sage, you breaking things again?
Dargoth Posted - 08 Feb 2006 : 05:44:59
I keep getting this damn error

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/forum/post_info.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000