Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 A small riot regarding baked goods?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Firhyanda Posted - 30 Apr 2006 : 19:35:41
Greetings

In my current weekly water deep campaign I find myself in need of a small riot regarding baked goods. There for I am brainstorming, what I am looking for is a monster from any source that could inspire rioting with a supernatural ability and or spell effect. A purely Farunian beast would as always be given prferance. Thanks in advace.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jamallo Kreen Posted - 07 May 2006 : 00:37:17
quote:
Originally posted by TheHermit

No need for a spell. An outbreak of ergotism - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergotism - could bring the wrath of a neighborhood down on the local bakers, not to mention the hallucinations that can be symptomatic in such an outbreak.

... And to keep it "Realmsian," have the ergot plague caused by Talona. Disease -- famine -- madness with violent hallucinations ... what more could you want?

TheHermit Posted - 03 May 2006 : 01:59:10
No need for a spell. An outbreak of ergotism - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergotism - could bring the wrath of a neighborhood down on the local bakers, not to mention the hallucinations that can be symptomatic in such an outbreak.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 May 2006 : 17:12:35
Until just now, I wondered what a vindaloo was... A song I like mentions them, but I'd never looked them up.

Back on topic, did the spell virus charm get updated to 3E? I was thinking it could be used to start a riot -- particularly if the caster convinced the crowd that a group of bakers had deliberately used tainted/poisoned ingredients.
Kaladorm Posted - 02 May 2006 : 17:02:15
Reminds me of the Red Dwarf episode D.N.A. where Listers mutton vindaloo gets transformed into a super-beast (akin to a vindaloo golem )

The beast is defeated with cans of lager, the only thing that can kill a vindaloo
Kes_Alanadel Posted - 02 May 2006 : 15:24:56
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kes_Alanadel

One of the adventures on the Wizards site had a calzone/pizza golem (or something of the sort) in it....I can't remember off hand which one it is though
~Kes

Looks like it's this one. :)

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/Cooking.pdf

It's Pizza the Hutt!

Kuje: Crap, I hit the wrong button. :(

Grin, hahaha.

Yep, that's the one I was thinking of. We never used it in a campaign, but Tifus and I had a good laugh about it when we read it.
The Sage Posted - 02 May 2006 : 06:00:25
quote:
Originally posted by Dhomal

Hello-

Did'nt he eat himself to death while stuck in a limo?

Dhomal

Indeed he did.

-- In relation to the adventure itself however... I'm curious about how this particular calzone golem was "defeated" in campaigns?
Kuje Posted - 02 May 2006 : 05:37:48
quote:

quote:

quote:

One of the adventures on the Wizards site had a calzone/pizza golem (or something of the sort) in it....I can't remember off hand which one it is though
~Kes

It's Pizza the Hutt!

Grin, hahaha.
Dhomal Posted - 02 May 2006 : 05:12:31
quote:

quote:

quote:

~Kes

It's Pizza the Hutt!

HAHAHAH. :)

Hello-

Did'nt he eat himself to death while stuck in a limo?

Dhomal
The Sage Posted - 02 May 2006 : 01:44:11
quote:

quote:

~Kes

It's Pizza the Hutt!

Edit: Ah... either that, or I was starting to think you'd gotten lazy .
Kuje Posted - 02 May 2006 : 00:49:13
quote:

~Kes

Wandering_mage Posted - 01 May 2006 : 21:36:30
Sacrilege! Do not use the official DnD food of choice with such wanton carelessness! At least wait until one of the players is suffering from idegestion before unleashing such a monstrousity. I kid of course. I can imagine the look of confusion my players would give me once I startered an encounter with said calzone/pizza golem. They would be lowering the pizza in their hands back to their plates and reaching for their d20's eyeing their pizza like it had just betrayed them. I shall have to try this pizza golem in the future.
Kes_Alanadel Posted - 01 May 2006 : 14:35:51
~Kes
Wandering_mage Posted - 30 Apr 2006 : 22:55:01
Famine Spirit (MM2)???? Of course you would need a natural lack of food or something of the sort. However, this monster is like a CR 21 and it is an undead monster that spawns from a person who dies of hunger and bad juju stuff happens etc etc. Maybe this helps. I hope it does.
Kaladorm Posted - 30 Apr 2006 : 22:54:07
Anything with mind control or confusion abilities like a succubus, an umberhulk, or an illithid
Kentinal Posted - 30 Apr 2006 : 22:40:26
Not sure why you need a monster to cause bread riots. you might consier nold, lack of grain, or more matural reasons for a btread shortagem and thus the riots. If you need a coruptimg monster with imteligance, Cleric is one way to go (casting blight for example).

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000