Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Favourite Novels Part 2

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lina Posted - 18 Nov 2004 : 12:33:31
Since there were a lot more novels than I originally anticipated and even with Alaundo's extension, I still found that I couldn't fit all the series into one poll. Therefore there are two.
Note: Only series that are entirely published are included here as some of us are still waiting for a few novels to hit the shelves.
Note 2: There are a few series not listed in either polls due to space restrictions, plus I think two is enough on this topic.
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Twilight Posted - 11 Feb 2007 : 04:25:54
The Sellswords Series because Jarlaxle is the coolest character in the realms and Artemis is a close 2nd
Asgetrion Posted - 07 Feb 2007 : 00:34:10
Although I really didn't like Troy's (Denning) contribution/ideas, I voted for the Cormyr series. I honestly think that 'Cormyr: A Novel' is probably the best FR novel ever written, and shows Ed's marvelous talent at storytelling (if you want to REALLY get into the mood, try listening to the album 'El Greco' by Vangelis while reading =)
koz Posted - 23 Jan 2007 : 09:45:35
I haven't finished all of the series listed so I will base my vote on the ones that I have. I absolutely loved the Paths of Darkness series. The two standouts being The Silent Blade and Sea of Swords. I was going through some very difficult times when I read read The Silent Blade so I could empathize with Wulfgar a little. Trust is a hard thing to gain once it's lost. I loved Sea of Swords for the seafaring. I was a big fan of The Threat from the Sea so this really hit the spot. The Lost Empires were good reads just not quite my style I guess. The Return of the Archwizards was really good in my opinion. I liked how a lot of towns, races and people had to put aside differences to confront a common enemy. Once that enemy is defeated all bets are of though. The Hunter's Blades was also very good. Not quite as epic as we are used to from Drizzt and the gang but that is one of the things I liked about it. Yes having thousands of orcs and giants is a tough task but compared to the the quest for Mithril Hall and the Drow invasion it was nice to see a localized threat that someone in a larger city could care less about unless it affected them. Very well done. My vote goes for The Paths of Darkness though. Being able to identify with a plot line is hard to do in a fantasy novel. Being able to bring subject matter like that into a fantasy novel and making it work is even rarer.
Zimme Posted - 30 Sep 2006 : 15:31:23
Out of the choises I had, I chose Hunters blade. allways was a sucker for the writings of Salvatore. War of the spider queen, is
allso a fine thing. =)
MerrikCale Posted - 17 Sep 2006 : 03:33:50
I went with Paths of Darkness.
ElvenBard Posted - 16 Sep 2006 : 02:25:06
it is strange that i couldn't find Icewind Dale Trilogy in the poll.. so i decided Starlight and Shadows Trilogy is the best among them, E. Cunningham did a great job!
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 12 Sep 2006 : 17:07:11
A dificult choice, indeed!

My vote goes to Starlight and Shadow trilogy.
Jorkens Posted - 12 Sep 2006 : 16:59:48
Its a pretty dead race between Cormyr trilogy (essential Realms-lore) and the Druidhome trilogy (I think I must admit that I enjoy reading them more). Out of pure nostalgia my vote goes for Druidshome.
Alisttair Posted - 12 Sep 2006 : 14:49:10
I am a Netheril fanatic but didn't vote the Netheril triology because the second was pretty good with Karsus and all but there was too much emphasis on the land below and not enough on the flying cities for my taste. Good novels, but not enough to beat its competition. Sembia series gets my vote (multiple stories all intertwined written by various authors....can't go wrong with that)
VEDSICA Posted - 29 Nov 2004 : 01:44:24
Definitely The Sembia series.They were excellent books that introduced some appealing characters.Erevis Cale being the best of the best,and also one of my favorites.
Enialus Meliamne Posted - 26 Nov 2004 : 22:23:38
quote:
Originally posted by Wood Elf Ranger

I voted for the Councelors and Kings series here. Matteo is one of my favorite characters. This series is very compelling and has so many plot twists and great story plus the setting was very new and interesting at the time. The Sembia series would be a very close second for me though that is a great colection of books from some of the best FR authors.

Agreed good Elf! An excellent series (I just finished approx 1 month ago). Matteo was an Excellent character, though I think Tzigone would be my favorite. A very well done read and an interesting Prestige Class to learn about to boot.
Lina Posted - 21 Nov 2004 : 11:37:38
Sembia Series earned my vote here. Although each novel was separate and written by various author, the novels were well developed and the authors did a good job linking them to each other by detailing the events of famliy Uskerven. The Uskerven family in itself was very interesting to read about.
Wood Elf Ranger Posted - 19 Nov 2004 : 01:44:58
I voted for the Councelors and Kings series here. Matteo is one of my favorite characters. This series is very compelling and has so many plot twists and great story plus the setting was very new and interesting at the time. The Sembia series would be a very close second for me though that is a great colection of books from some of the best FR authors.
Valdar Oakensong Posted - 18 Nov 2004 : 21:31:27
Sembia won this time, not only were the books excellent they introduced a few new authors onto the scene and also the wonderful Mr Cale.
Faraer Posted - 18 Nov 2004 : 16:47:45
My vote for the Cormyr books was lost when I clicked on 'check results' first...
hammer of Moradin Posted - 18 Nov 2004 : 14:28:49
The mid 90's is where I fell off on most of my required Realms reading, but I own most of the books and just need to read them. Hunter's Blade is the only one of these series' that I have read all the books from.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000