Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Bloodwalk

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lord Rad Posted - 12 Jul 2006 : 19:57:59
Has anyone seen Bloodwalk on the shelves yet?

I had notification from Amazon that my order had been shipped, which contained Blackstaff, but I also ordered Bloodwalk at the same time...which is listed as being shipped seperately at a later date. I thought they were both due for release on the same date.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
RodOdom Posted - 29 Apr 2007 : 03:06:24
I must say I have very different tastes : I LOVE fight scenes ! Hack ! Slash ! Ka BOOM !
quajack Posted - 23 Apr 2007 : 17:10:12
SPOILER AHEAD

Here's Quajack's take. One man's opinion.

After reading the first 50 pages or so, I was ready to give up. About 47 of these pages were filled with fight scenes. I've been pretty explicit on these forums about my personal disdain for drawn out descriptions of fight scenes in FR novels. I do, however, both recognize and appreciate the fact that most FR readers do enjoy prolonged fighting, as evidenced by the fact that these scenes continue to endure within the pages of my beloved tomes.

The concept of Morgynn's Bloodwalk characted was pretty gruesome and original. In the same vein of the "Are the good guys winning too much" thread, I would have loved to see Morgynn kill Quin and annihilate the Savros followers. Her subsequent arrival on the shores of various Faerunian cities and towns could have provided fodder for several other novels.

Overall, the novel picked up tremendously after the ogre-led gnolls were erradicated. The setting was refreshingly original as were the glimpses into previously ignored religions and cults of the Border Lands. 7/10 for originality and some fine storytelling.

PLEASE NOTE: The only reason I've included negative commentary regarding this novel is because of my own personal dislike of fight scenes. Biased as it may be, the amount of time spent on fight scenes in each book tends to weigh heavily on my opinions of them. I realize that FR is primarily a setting driven world whose fans seemingly enjoy as many monster-inclusive and fighting related scenes as can be packed into any given novel. Despite my feelings on the subject, I'll continue to purchase every FR novel and love and criticize them in my own way.
MerrikCale Posted - 11 Dec 2006 : 01:52:07
quote:
Originally posted by RodOdom

She was a very interesting baddie. Unfortunately her story is now ... headed nowhere.

I suppose, but stranger things have happened.
RodOdom Posted - 10 Dec 2006 : 17:48:20
She was a very interesting baddie. Unfortunately her story is now ... headed nowhere.
MerrikCale Posted - 10 Dec 2006 : 12:08:55
I just finished it as well. I found it to be one of the better FR novels I have read recently. I enjoyed the characters such as Quinnsareth immensely. The Blood mage is an interesting "bad guy" as well.
RodOdom Posted - 10 Dec 2006 : 06:32:17
I just finished this tonight, and I must proclaim : Bravo !
James P. Davis Posted - 16 Jul 2006 : 00:08:59
quote:
I got it yesterday, but I guess it will take a while till I actually come to read it.
My FR stack is growing n' growing.

Well, I'm certainly honored to be in the stack.

Hope you all enjoy!
Best,
--James

(EDIT:...and if you feel so inclined, please let me know what you think of it! Laters!)
At your Behest Posted - 13 Jul 2006 : 17:20:17
I got it yesterday, but I guess it will take a while till I actually come to read it.
My FR stack is growing n' growing .

Cheers!
Lameth Posted - 13 Jul 2006 : 17:16:21
I ordered it yesterday. :-)
Lord Rad Posted - 13 Jul 2006 : 08:13:46
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

I have Bloodwalk (got it yesterday) and will likely read it after Blackstaff. How could I resist? It's set in the Border Kingdoms.

Really? Excellent I'm looking forward to this book even moreso now. The focus this year on the Border Kingdoms has been great!
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 12 Jul 2006 : 23:13:31
I have Bloodwalk (got it yesterday) and will likely read it after Blackstaff. How could I resist? It's set in the Border Kingdoms.
Kuje Posted - 12 Jul 2006 : 21:30:06
I found it today with Blackstaff and the new Dlance Companions novel.

As I said in the Blackstaff scroll, I have to finish the 100 pages of the current book before I get into these.
Kajehase Posted - 12 Jul 2006 : 20:54:40
With a bit of luck it'll be in my mailbox by Friday. With a bit of bad luck I'll have to re-order both Bloodwalk and Blackstaff by next Wednesday. With a lot of bad luck I'll just have to re-order Bloodwalk (that's worse since I'll have to pay the postage cost twice).
James P. Davis Posted - 12 Jul 2006 : 20:19:01
It is definitely out there, saw it here at the local B&N. Could be shipping from different locations maybe? I don't have much experience with Amazon myself though. Hope you like!

Best,
--James

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000