Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Bloodwalk
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  19:57:59  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Has anyone seen Bloodwalk on the shelves yet?

I had notification from Amazon that my order had been shipped, which contained Blackstaff, but I also ordered Bloodwalk at the same time...which is listed as being shipped seperately at a later date. I thought they were both due for release on the same date.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  20:19:01  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is definitely out there, saw it here at the local B&N. Could be shipping from different locations maybe? I don't have much experience with Amazon myself though. Hope you like!

Best,
--James

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red."--Clive Barker

FR: RotD2:"Possessions"
Wizards:Bloodwalk
Citadels: The Shield of Weeping Ghosts
Wilds: The Restless Shore
Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep: Circle of Skulls (May 2010)
Book trailers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-ska7ohVk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvFdQ8bLp0
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  20:54:40  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With a bit of luck it'll be in my mailbox by Friday. With a bit of bad luck I'll have to re-order both Bloodwalk and Blackstaff by next Wednesday. With a lot of bad luck I'll just have to re-order Bloodwalk (that's worse since I'll have to pay the postage cost twice).

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  21:30:06  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found it today with Blackstaff and the new Dlance Companions novel.

As I said in the Blackstaff scroll, I have to finish the 100 pages of the current book before I get into these.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  23:13:31  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have Bloodwalk (got it yesterday) and will likely read it after Blackstaff. How could I resist? It's set in the Border Kingdoms.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2006 :  08:13:46  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

I have Bloodwalk (got it yesterday) and will likely read it after Blackstaff. How could I resist? It's set in the Border Kingdoms.

Really? Excellent I'm looking forward to this book even moreso now. The focus this year on the Border Kingdoms has been great!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Lameth
Learned Scribe

Germany
196 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2006 :  17:16:21  Show Profile  Visit Lameth's Homepage Send Lameth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ordered it yesterday. :-)
Go to Top of Page

At your Behest
Acolyte

Germany
46 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2006 :  17:20:17  Show Profile  Visit At your Behest's Homepage Send At your Behest a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got it yesterday, but I guess it will take a while till I actually come to read it.
My FR stack is growing n' growing .

Cheers!

Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn.

Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yeah, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land.
Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, for he is the harbinger of death.
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2006 :  00:08:59  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I got it yesterday, but I guess it will take a while till I actually come to read it.
My FR stack is growing n' growing.

Well, I'm certainly honored to be in the stack.

Hope you all enjoy!
Best,
--James

(EDIT:...and if you feel so inclined, please let me know what you think of it! Laters!)

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red."--Clive Barker

FR: RotD2:"Possessions"
Wizards:Bloodwalk
Citadels: The Shield of Weeping Ghosts
Wilds: The Restless Shore
Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep: Circle of Skulls (May 2010)
Book trailers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-ska7ohVk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvFdQ8bLp0

Edited by - James P. Davis on 16 Jul 2006 00:13:39
Go to Top of Page

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2006 :  06:32:17  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just finished this tonight, and I must proclaim : Bravo !

Edited by - RodOdom on 10 Dec 2006 06:32:36
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2006 :  12:08:55  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just finished it as well. I found it to be one of the better FR novels I have read recently. I enjoyed the characters such as Quinnsareth immensely. The Blood mage is an interesting "bad guy" as well.

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2006 :  17:48:20  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
She was a very interesting baddie. Unfortunately her story is now ... headed nowhere.
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2006 :  01:52:07  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RodOdom

She was a very interesting baddie. Unfortunately her story is now ... headed nowhere.

I suppose, but stranger things have happened.

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

quajack
Seeker

86 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2007 :  17:10:12  Show Profile  Visit quajack's Homepage Send quajack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SPOILER AHEAD

Here's Quajack's take. One man's opinion.

After reading the first 50 pages or so, I was ready to give up. About 47 of these pages were filled with fight scenes. I've been pretty explicit on these forums about my personal disdain for drawn out descriptions of fight scenes in FR novels. I do, however, both recognize and appreciate the fact that most FR readers do enjoy prolonged fighting, as evidenced by the fact that these scenes continue to endure within the pages of my beloved tomes.

The concept of Morgynn's Bloodwalk characted was pretty gruesome and original. In the same vein of the "Are the good guys winning too much" thread, I would have loved to see Morgynn kill Quin and annihilate the Savros followers. Her subsequent arrival on the shores of various Faerunian cities and towns could have provided fodder for several other novels.

Overall, the novel picked up tremendously after the ogre-led gnolls were erradicated. The setting was refreshingly original as were the glimpses into previously ignored religions and cults of the Border Lands. 7/10 for originality and some fine storytelling.

PLEASE NOTE: The only reason I've included negative commentary regarding this novel is because of my own personal dislike of fight scenes. Biased as it may be, the amount of time spent on fight scenes in each book tends to weigh heavily on my opinions of them. I realize that FR is primarily a setting driven world whose fans seemingly enjoy as many monster-inclusive and fighting related scenes as can be packed into any given novel. Despite my feelings on the subject, I'll continue to purchase every FR novel and love and criticize them in my own way.
Go to Top of Page

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2007 :  03:06:24  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I must say I have very different tastes : I LOVE fight scenes ! Hack ! Slash ! Ka BOOM !
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000