Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Help with Sword Coast Lore

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jasonpauldegraaf Posted - 11 Aug 2008 : 20:37:57
Hello everyone,

My name is Jason and I'm new to this site. I'm currently helping develop a PW around BG and The Sword Coast and am specifically responisible for writing quest and lore dialogs.

Although I have a few resources, I was wondering if any of you all could help me find more, namely links to lore and stories of the Sword Coast (specifically CKeep, Beregost, Halfest and BGate).

Thanks so much for your help! -Jason
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Na-Gang Posted - 12 Aug 2008 : 10:55:34
How far inland are you interested?

Both editions of Elminster's Ecologies deal with sites in the Western Heartlands, and the 2E Adventures book features a number of the main cities.
Faraer Posted - 12 Aug 2008 : 08:32:40
I think we have some confusion here between the Sword Coast North, the Sword Coast midlands (the Western Heartlands), and the smaller chunk of coastal land around Baldur's Gate and Beregost.

Jason, have you read Ed Greenwood's introduction to Candlekeep linked from the front page of this site?
Kyrene Posted - 12 Aug 2008 : 06:31:07
Also read the Wyrms of the North articles. Some fascinating lore can be found inside those and some of the other "retired" WotC articles.
The Sage Posted - 12 Aug 2008 : 00:48:42
Most 2e tomes dealing with the North in some way have brief details on the Sword Coast -- the most notable being the City of Splendors boxed set, Volo's Guide to the North [available as a free PDF download at WotC] and Ed's Waterdeep and the North. Also, see The North boxed set located on the link above. Both the FR boxed sets for 1e/2e also cover this region in a basic fashion.

And finally, most of R A Salvatore's novel works take place in the North/Icewind Dale. I suggest you take a gander at those as well for a more narrative detailing of the regions.
jasonpauldegraaf Posted - 11 Aug 2008 : 21:09:54
I already have it. I want more ;)
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 11 Aug 2008 : 21:00:19
Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000