Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Help with Sword Coast Lore
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jasonpauldegraaf
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2008 :  20:37:57  Show Profile  Visit jasonpauldegraaf's Homepage Send jasonpauldegraaf a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello everyone,

My name is Jason and I'm new to this site. I'm currently helping develop a PW around BG and The Sword Coast and am specifically responisible for writing quest and lore dialogs.

Although I have a few resources, I was wondering if any of you all could help me find more, namely links to lore and stories of the Sword Coast (specifically CKeep, Beregost, Halfest and BGate).

Thanks so much for your help! -Jason

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2008 :  21:00:19  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

jasonpauldegraaf
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2008 :  21:09:54  Show Profile  Visit jasonpauldegraaf's Homepage Send jasonpauldegraaf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I already have it. I want more ;)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2008 :  00:48:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Most 2e tomes dealing with the North in some way have brief details on the Sword Coast -- the most notable being the City of Splendors boxed set, Volo's Guide to the North [available as a free PDF download at WotC] and Ed's Waterdeep and the North. Also, see The North boxed set located on the link above. Both the FR boxed sets for 1e/2e also cover this region in a basic fashion.

And finally, most of R A Salvatore's novel works take place in the North/Icewind Dale. I suggest you take a gander at those as well for a more narrative detailing of the regions.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
729 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2008 :  06:31:07  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also read the Wyrms of the North articles. Some fascinating lore can be found inside those and some of the other "retired" WotC articles.

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2008 :  08:32:40  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think we have some confusion here between the Sword Coast North, the Sword Coast midlands (the Western Heartlands), and the smaller chunk of coastal land around Baldur's Gate and Beregost.

Jason, have you read Ed Greenwood's introduction to Candlekeep linked from the front page of this site?
Go to Top of Page

Na-Gang
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2008 :  10:55:34  Show Profile  Visit Na-Gang's Homepage Send Na-Gang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How far inland are you interested?

Both editions of Elminster's Ecologies deal with sites in the Western Heartlands, and the 2E Adventures book features a number of the main cities.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000