Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Adding Avatars into a Campaign

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Shadowlord Posted - 19 Feb 2004 : 01:59:37
My DM was thinking of including an actual avatar of Vhaeraun in our campaign, but myself and the other players didn't think it to be probable. True, Vhaeraun frequently dispatches his Avatar to answer a summoning ritual performed by his clergy, but we are only around levels 12-14, and though this could be considered somewhat high, I don't believe that we should be graced by the presence of a deity.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Shadowlord Posted - 21 Feb 2004 : 21:50:08
*Ahem* Correction: A DROW Shade, who worships Vhaeraun.....
The Sage Posted - 21 Feb 2004 : 06:52:01
Well then, that presents an alternate case, and one that you could build upon to bring any 'Shadow'-type deities into your campaign. Although, the Shades have never had much need for deities outside of the regular and necessary worship of arcane magic deities...
Shadowlord Posted - 21 Feb 2004 : 05:45:25
Actually, I, as a shade, have repeatedly visited the Plane of Shadow.......
The Sage Posted - 21 Feb 2004 : 05:26:41
The Bookwyrm has a point. Unless your party is heavily involved in planar travel (where they may come to the notice of deities, to be used as pawns for their games of celestial chess), I don't think deities should have much more impact upon the general Realms than they do now...and even that is a little too much sometimes.

There may be times when deity exposure is necessary, and their stats, or those of their avatars need to be included, but if the adventure doesn't leave the Material Plane at least once, then it's probably not a good idea.
Shadowlord Posted - 20 Feb 2004 : 18:04:55
Thanks, Bookwyrm, but we already agreed not to feature him. Alaundo, this topic is free for deletion.
Bookwyrm Posted - 20 Feb 2004 : 17:42:14
Personally, I don't like the idea of any party coming to a deity's notice, unless that group has seriously irritated or pleased him/her. I especially don't like the idea of a campaign that requires stats for a god's avatar. The gods play into the Realms too much as it is, I think.
Shadowlord Posted - 19 Feb 2004 : 15:26:46
Oh, many apologies....... The stats have been taken out. Only the question remains.....
The Sage Posted - 19 Feb 2004 : 09:56:42
These aren't his 'official' avatar stats are they Shadowlord, because I don't think it's really appropriate for you to be posting them here with the author's consent.

If they are, I would suggest you contact Alaundo for confirmation on what I just said...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000