Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Siege of Darkness

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Senbar Flay Posted - 06 Jun 2004 : 16:50:29
I have started reading this novel and I am at the part when magic ceases to function. it keeps mentioning the Time of Troubles so does this mean that the year in the book is during the Time of Troubles I am horribly confused.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 11 Jun 2004 : 06:19:55
The entire point of the Avatar Crisis was to change the Realms from 1st edition to 2nd edition. Making a major event allowed them to explain all the changes.
SiriusBlack Posted - 11 Jun 2004 : 04:08:50
quote:
Originally posted by Dantrag

I really never understood the series...

I always looked upon it as, "We need an RSE to promote our new edition." Thus, TSR talks to Ao and the rest is Faerun history.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 11 Jun 2004 : 00:45:06
quote:

I really never understood the series... aren't all the gods banished. I mean there are more than there were in that room at the very first Shadowdale before they got banished.Like Lloth, or Deneir.

Indeed, all of the gods were banished to the Prime Material Plane. However, the series only focuses on the major deities of the Faerūnian pantheon.

Info on the other deities can be found in a variety of locales. A good amount of info is located on the Wizards page, at the link I'll provide below. If you've not read the series and click on this link, beware of the spoilers at the bottom of the page!

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/deitytrouble
Dantrag Posted - 10 Jun 2004 : 22:46:01
I really never understood the series... aren't all the gods banished. I mean there are more than there were in that room at the very first Shadowdale before they got banished.Like Lloth, or Deneir.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 Jun 2004 : 22:38:28
quote:

The time of troubles is the Avatar series right?

The events of the Time of Troubles are the main focus of the Avatar series, but other books do happen while the Time of Troubles is going on.
Dantrag Posted - 10 Jun 2004 : 22:26:27
The time of troubles is the Avatar series right?
SiriusBlack Posted - 07 Jun 2004 : 15:16:01
quote:
Originally posted by Senbar Flay

I have started reading this novel and I am at the part when magic ceases to function. it keeps mentioning the Time of Troubles so does this mean that the year in the book is during the Time of Troubles I am horribly confused.

For future reference, here's a WOTC page that details the dates for various FR novels.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 07 Jun 2004 : 07:41:45
Fredegar The White? Weren't you also on the WotC forums?
Fredegar The White Posted - 07 Jun 2004 : 06:55:44
Yep! The novel takes place during 1358DR and finishes in 1359DR!
Bookwyrm Posted - 07 Jun 2004 : 06:26:12
That book was the first time I ever figured out what the Time of Troubles was. Everything else mentioned it, but since it was so well-known to gamers, it wasn't ever really discussed as "history" in the books, save for the actual trilogy and this book.
SiriusBlack Posted - 06 Jun 2004 : 17:04:18
quote:
Originally posted by Senbar Flay

Yes, if I recall correctly, that is the year the novel is set in, 1358 DR.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000