Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Finder's Stone Question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SirUrza Posted - 14 Jan 2005 : 08:44:04
Would I be missing out on much by skipping to book 3 and then reading book 2 afterward?
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Xysma Posted - 28 Jun 2005 : 21:15:43
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Xysma

quote:

To add in a bit more info... Finder's Bane and Tymora's Luck are linked to the original trilogy, but aren't really a part of it. One of the main characters in these two books is a character from the original trilogy, but only that one.

Wooly, which character?

I'm avoiding naming that character, because doing so would reveal a couple spoilers.

Ahhh, I better get to reading then! Thanks Wooly.
Shadovar Posted - 23 Jun 2005 : 11:30:31
Well, pardon me, I guess the character in both the finder stone trilogy and Tymora Luck should be Finder Wyvernspur, who is now a god of reckless fools.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 22 Jun 2005 : 22:53:23
quote:
Originally posted by Xysma

quote:

To add in a bit more info... Finder's Bane and Tymora's Luck are linked to the original trilogy, but aren't really a part of it. One of the main characters in these two books is a character from the original trilogy, but only that one.

Wooly, which character?

I'm avoiding naming that character, because doing so would reveal a couple spoilers.
Xysma Posted - 22 Jun 2005 : 18:47:44
quote:

Wooly, which character?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Jun 2005 : 23:03:53
To add in a bit more info... Finder's Bane and Tymora's Luck are linked to the original trilogy, but aren't really a part of it. One of the main characters in these two books is a character from the original trilogy, but only that one. There are mentions in Tymora's Luck of some of the other characters (and evidence of time having passed since the trilogy), but that's it.

The two books are actually part of the Lost Gods trilogy. Book 2 of that trilogy is a Dragginglance novel, Fistandantilus Reborn. It's not really a great book, in my opinion. It's written by someone whose name escapes me, and doesn't really tie into the other two books. It introduces a character who goes on to be a major character in Tymora's Luck, but you can easily skip the 2nd book and go straight to the 3rd without missing anything.

Masquerades, as mentioned earlier, is basically a stand-alone sequel to the Finder's Stone trilogy.

All of the books (except that DL one I mentioned) are worth tracking down and reading -- Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb are among the best Realms writers we've ever had.
Thelonius Posted - 14 Jun 2005 : 21:36:00
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Azure Bonds, The Wyvern's Spur, and Song of the Saurials are the official trilogy, but Masquerades follows Alias, and Finder's Bane and Tymora's Luck tied into the original Trilogy.

Thank you very much, I will think of it when i finish reading The song of the Saurials, I am afraid it will be soon,
KnightErrantJR Posted - 14 Jun 2005 : 21:23:36
Azure Bonds, The Wyvern's Spur, and Song of the Saurials are the official trilogy, but Masquerades follows Alias, and Finder's Bane and Tymora's Luck tied into the original Trilogy.
Thelonius Posted - 14 Jun 2005 : 21:16:54
Sorry if anybody gets angry about re-opening this thread (i suppouse nobody will ), but I am reading at this moment The Wyvern's Spur, after reading Azure Bonds, and I would like to know the whole titles that form part of the story, I thought that the only one that rested to read was The song of the Saurials, but I have read things about Finder's Bane ...

So please, if any scribe here can detail me the list of the complete novels forming part of the "plot" I would really appreciate that
Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Jan 2005 : 19:43:52
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rad

I love the Finder's Stone Trilogy and the books which follow. I long wish for a collectors edition containing all the books together.

To answer the question, book 2 is really an independant story and I guess it can be skipped, however, I'd highly recommend it and I actually prefered the novel over books 1 and 3!

As do I.
Lord Rad Posted - 15 Jan 2005 : 15:03:07
I love the Finder's Stone Trilogy and the books which follow. I long wish for a collectors edition containing all the books together.

To answer the question, book 2 is really an independant story and I guess it can be skipped, however, I'd highly recommend it and I actually prefered the novel over books 1 and 3!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Jan 2005 : 03:48:17
And it's a good read in its own right... I'm of the opinion that Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb are some of the best Realms writers out there. I'd love to see them do more...
Seismo Posted - 15 Jan 2005 : 03:10:03
As mentioned above, The Wyvern's Spur could be skipped without too much difficulty - the trade-off being that you miss out on some nice early-Realms, 'Grubby' Realms-flavour.

Adds background for some of the characters in book 3.

Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Jan 2005 : 22:33:18
But keep in mind that I like the characters from that book a lot more than Alias and Dragonbait. Giogionni Wyvernspur, one of the main characters, was the one Alias tried to kill at the wedding in Azure Bonds. Two other characters are "sisters" of Alias, from the end of that book.
SirUrza Posted - 14 Jan 2005 : 17:27:52
Hmmmmmmm. Ok, thanks.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Jan 2005 : 11:34:35
Book 2 is my favorite of the three...

You'll also miss finding out exactly how the Nameless Bard's name was rediscovered.

Still, Dargoth is right, and the book can be skipped with little difficulty. I, personally, don't recommend it, though.
Dargoth Posted - 14 Jan 2005 : 09:03:30
Not really

I skipped book 2, the only thing you'll miss is a background history for a character who is introduced in Tymoras luck

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000